[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
danbywinby

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#241 Post by danbywinby » 20 Jan 2022 22:25

Some screenshots from my latest work on the next version where i am currently working on creating my own improved versions of the roadworks events.

Unfortunately progress has been slower and more difficult than i thought it would be because there are several types of roadworks that were completely missing from ATS that were present in ETS2 so i have had to create my own versions of them.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
danbywinby

#242 Post by danbywinby » 29 Jan 2022 17:07

Hey All

Finally the next version is here. This version has taken me a lot longer than i originally thought it would. But it is finally here.

Changes in V1.3:

Added environmental lighting and grill lights to highway maintenance SUV (this also adds them to the SCS version).
Added beacons to new heavy towtruck and created version for use in events.
Replaced vertical roadwork barriers with my retroreflective versions and changed from red to orange.
Created my own version of idaho road closed barrier and changed colour from red to orange so can be used in my events also made replace the default roadwork barrier.
Created second version of traffic cone that is slightly taller to be used in my events.
Create additional version of F150 with an advanced arrow board and a load of new patterns and added to my events:
- sequential arrows
- sequential chevrons
- caution patterns
Took advanced arrow board from my additional version of the F150 and attached it to the trailer for the VMS sign and added to my roadworks events.
Added new heavy towtruck to recovery events for small trucks and truck and trailers.
Created my own version of narrow roadwork events.
Made my events able to spawn with the 'urban' police cars when on non-highway roads.
Removed F150 highway maintenance vehicle from spawning on single lane cariageways and made able to spawn at both breakdown and recovery events.
Created my own version of single lane roadwork events.
Created hard shoulder roadwork events.

First post updated with new download link.

Any issues do please let me know and i will aim to get them fixed as soon as i can.

Any suggestions for future additions do please let me know.
djadlib

#243 Post by djadlib » 29 Jan 2022 20:26

That's a big changelog for a already great mod. Thank you for your work
FilMit

#244 Post by FilMit » 30 Jan 2022 10:20

Thanks for the update, danbywinby!
And in general, for your work on this wonderful mod, for both games.
danbywinby

#246 Post by danbywinby » 30 Jan 2022 17:26

@djadlib Yes it is a big changelog. But once I started on the roadworks events I had other ideas come up and pop into my head so they ended up getting integrated into this update. I keep saying and trying to make the updates smaller and just add a few things in each update because these big updates take a lot of time and effort. Maybe now that the roadworks events are done I'll actually be able to stick to those words :) have to see what happens.

Thank you all for the kind words.
MercilessFir

#247 Post by MercilessFir » 30 Jan 2022 23:37

@danbywinby SCS random events are so boring and similar but with DRE I look forward to the spawns! Thanks for creating one of the best ATS mods.
Laqueesha

#248 Post by Laqueesha » 31 Jan 2022 16:49

Some bug reports:

Encountered an invisible wall on one of the events, crashed my truck into 90% damage. Also, seems to be a missing car on one of the events.
danbywinby

#249 Post by danbywinby » 31 Jan 2022 18:16

@Laqueesha are you running any other mods along with my mod particularly any mods that affect traffic? If so then most likely one of them will be causing the missing vehicle issue. With regards to the invisible wall can you remember what event that was? If it occurs again can you please get a screenshot so that I can straight away know what event I need to be looking at.
Laqueesha

#250 Post by Laqueesha » 31 Jan 2022 18:45

Last edited by Laqueesha on 02 Feb 2022 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Others”