[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Carfreak200

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#311 Post by Carfreak200 » 25 Mar 2022 01:08

This is one of my favorite mods to use. Well done Daniel and I am excited for what the future holds
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
halbtollekreatur

#312 Post by halbtollekreatur » 26 Mar 2022 17:40

Hi Daniel. hope you are fine and just enjoying holidays or stuff.
I just have a little idea. In RL they often tak off the wheels of the sign trailer, like here. Maybe this could be a nice add on?
Travismods

#313 Post by Travismods » 28 Mar 2022 14:36

One minor issue I discovered with the events are the traffic cones. Now I am not sure if this is a SCS limitation or if its the mod itself so forgive me if it can't be done other way. But the traffic cones are invicible and cannot be run over or moved, they are like hitting a wall. Is this due to this mod or are all cones this way by SCS? I swear I have ran over traffic cones in the past, but with these events, I can't, they just make my truck come to a complete crash stoping in an invisible wall. I also have no idea why the first cone looks like that lmao :lol:

[ external image ]
danbywinby

#314 Post by danbywinby » 28 Mar 2022 21:14

Hello All

Today i would like to show you some work in progress screenshots of my latest work on the next versions of my random events mod.

In the next versions i will be adding Accident Cleanup Events i previously had these in an earlier version of my ETS2 Random Events mod however i removed them once i converted a load of my accident events to be dynamic. Finally i have now gotten around to converting them to be dynamic and at the same time added in a lot more variety of them.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

@koolizz Potentially that iscaused by the fact that the cones on my events are actually 'buildings' instead of 'signs' so that they dynamically adjust their poaition in relation to the curve of the road. This is what allows me to have the cone tapers be as long as they are otherwise you would end up with cones in the wrong lane or in the walls/barriers etc. This doesn't work perfectly but most of the time it does.
Carfreak200

#315 Post by Carfreak200 » 29 Mar 2022 05:22

Very excited for your next update Daniel!
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
halbtollekreatur

#316 Post by halbtollekreatur » 29 Mar 2022 12:27

Quote removed - Don't quote images/code boxes - Rule 2.3

You could also include the Sterling Acterra Sweeper from SCS for the cleaning scenes ;)
danbywinby

#317 Post by danbywinby » 29 Mar 2022 16:52

@halbtollekreatur interesting idea, I'm not sure how realistic it would be to see a road sweeper cleaning up after an accident especially on a highway/freeway.
Travismods

#318 Post by Travismods » 29 Mar 2022 17:07

Yeah I say no to seeing sweepers going about on the freeway lol. Now what I want to see are more deserted trucks and truck accidents but I understand they are hard to make events out of?
danbywinby

#319 Post by danbywinby » 29 Mar 2022 17:23

@koolizz there are already events involving broken down trucks. The next version will include events with collisions between cars and trucks. The biggest problem with creating events with trucks and trailers is that for trucks there are no damaged versions in the game (I am a little concerned that this means that the new events in the next version with collisions between crashed vehicles and trucks will look strange because the trucks will have no damage but the other vehicle will) and for trailers there are some damaged versions but these are always the same with no variations at all therefore I have not used these in my dynamic events and only in the tweaked versions of the default SCS events.
Travismods

#320 Post by Travismods » 29 Mar 2022 17:35

@danbywinby Hey thanks for the reply, understood! I guess to have actual damaged trucks is not necessarily what is needed when I think about it, but to for example see trucks doing the "jack-knife" in a ditch would be cool. But I believe you already said you can't put things in a ditch? Then if possible, perhaps trucks laying on the side flipped over with the trailer detached, either in the median or by the side of the road, would that be possible? I guess there is not enough space in for traffic to pass through for a truck doing the jackknife, but maybe if one lane is blocked off. Then again I am not sure if trucks can be placed in a jack-knife or if they always spawn straight.

Here are some cool pictures, although I guess its difficult to do in game :D

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Others”