[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Kiwimike7

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#351 Post by Kiwimike7 » 25 May 2022 09:16

@danbywinby I have a favour to ask :) Could you please amend the titles of teh two threads to reflect which game they relate to? Old buggers like me get confused easilly!
Mike (Kiwmike7)

[ external image ]
danbywinby

Re: [REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

#352 Post by danbywinby » 25 May 2022 10:09

@Kiwimike7 Not a problem. Done. I've been getting confused as well but it never popped into my head that i could just rename the threads :lol:

@halbtollekreatur I have not implemented it yet into any of the events in the current version. I have just recently finished making all of the big changes that i want to make ready for the next version. So i will have a look into adding it ready for the next version so long as it is a relatively simple task. However because of the size of it, it might require a lot of alterations to existing scenes to get it to sit nicely in the evets without colliding with anything and so may have to wait until i have more time.
halbtollekreatur

#353 Post by halbtollekreatur » 25 May 2022 12:38

Thx mate. I hope you know that I didn't mean that in a reproachful way. I just think it's a pity that SCS doesn't use the well-made vehicle. Just like the wrecker, which it's nice to see in your mod.
KrysEmlyn

#354 Post by KrysEmlyn » 25 May 2022 21:38

SCS uses the vehicle, but it is only set to spawn in urban areas due to its definition files and the traffic spawn rules.
I have not seen it parked anywhere, and they really should have it parked at rail-based companies as it is a rail maintenance vehicle.
danbywinby

#355 Post by danbywinby » 26 May 2022 05:33

@halbtollekreatur not a problem, I completely agree it annoys me a lot when SCS add in new AI vehicles and make them either so rare or only spawn in certain conditions or areas. For example I don't want to only ever see a certain group of vehicles in the cities, I want there to be variety on the highways as well, so why not add these vehicles to the highways as well just make them spawn very rarely.

Like that heavy wrecker SCS had it in the AI traffic but then removed it not sure if they moved it just urban areas or completely removed it. Makes no sense to me. Same as for the ambulance and fire engines why are they set to only ever spawn in the urban areas where as police can spawn anywhere, again makes no sense to me.

I understand that they don't want to make it so that all vehicles spawn everywhere a lot but that's why they added the ability to control how high the spawn ratio is. So make it low.
halbtollekreatur

#356 Post by halbtollekreatur » 26 May 2022 09:28

Yeah. You're totally right. It would be nice if city traffic worked better too. You only see the sweepers etc in the very big cities because you're through the small ones too quickly. Wouldn't it be an idea to increase the spwan ratio for the rare cars in your mod?
danbywinby

#357 Post by danbywinby » 26 May 2022 09:45

@halbtollekreatur I don't understand what you are asking?
halbtollekreatur

#358 Post by halbtollekreatur » 26 May 2022 12:09

If you plan to let the rare cars and trucks to spawn more.
KrysEmlyn

#359 Post by KrysEmlyn » 26 May 2022 20:52

danbywinby wrote: 26 May 2022 05:33 Like that heavy wrecker SCS had it in the AI traffic but then removed it not sure if they moved it just urban areas or completely removed it.
The heavy wrecker and the hi-rail truck are both classified as urban trucks per SCS Software's settings.
They only really show in the larger cities because it takes you longer to move through them.
For both the heavy wrecker and the hi-rail truck, there are actually 2 variants of each truck: one normal length and one long.
danbywinby

#360 Post by danbywinby » 27 May 2022 05:31

@KrysEmlyn yeah I noticed that when I was taking a look at the files last night to see how much work would be involved in adding the hyrail (apparently that's its name in the files no idea if that's its name in real life or not).

I don't agree with having them only spawning in the big cities. I wonder how difficult it would be to change that :thinking:

Yes there are 2 variants of each. I have both variants of the tow truck in my mod. I will probably have to do the same as I did for the towtruck for the hyrail because it has 2 variants. I was kind of hoping there would be a variant of it without the rail wheels, maybe that would be easy to add in myself though. We will see hopefully I'll have some time later today to play around and see what can be done.

Return to “Others”