[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
KrysEmlyn

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#201 Post by KrysEmlyn » 23 Dec 2021 01:38

Yeah, making a version of the F150 which has a horizontal line showing on the arrow board will be pretty easy to do.
You'll just need to add a variant and add a new "part" in Blender which only contains the flare hookups for the horizontal line of lights.
Then, you will just need a definition file for the chassis for that particular variant and an associated vehicle definition to reference it.
halbtollekreatur

#202 Post by halbtollekreatur » 23 Dec 2021 17:01

From my experience the Ford Transit is ok. The PickUp is perfect. As far as I noticed you can find a lot of PickUps at construction areas. Some some with company prints a and some without.
You could also add the new two-way truck to the construction scenarios. On my trip in 2019 I saw this kind of vehicles on the highway too. Probably the companies own it to take jobs at streets and train tracks.
halbtollekreatur

#203 Post by halbtollekreatur » 23 Dec 2021 17:04

One more question. Wouldn't it be a good idea to take over the GTM emergency vehicles mod and get a bit of variations into the emergency scenes state wise.
Laqueesha

#204 Post by Laqueesha » 23 Dec 2021 18:03

@halbtollekreatur - That'd be cool; love that mod, the unique state firetrucks and ambulances are a nice touch.
danbywinby

#205 Post by danbywinby » 24 Dec 2021 00:32

I have managed to have a quick look at the F150 in blender today and I believe I can very easily add a new variant with just the horizontal line as the lights for the line itself is a separate part to the lights for the arrow heads.

However after looking in to these arrow boards it appears that they are actually supposed to be capable of a lot more than just the simple arrow.

[ external image ]
https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/htm/2009/par ... ngdesc.htm

Also after a bit of thinking I think I might give it a go at some point and see if I can take the arrow board from the F150 and try to attach it to the trailer used for the VMS sign:
[ external image ]

@halbtollekreatur What was this GTM emergency vehicles mod? If it involves creating whole new emergency vehicle models then this is a big no from me. Because I do not have enough free time and my blender skills are not great.
zach354

#206 Post by zach354 » 24 Dec 2021 04:16

It was a mod that added skins and variants of the default scs emergency vehicles to the game that were city/regional specific. Its outdated by a while and I believe is something SCS is incorperating on their own slowly.
Laqueesha

#207 Post by Laqueesha » 24 Dec 2021 08:24

@zach354 - Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=198&t=253594
danbywinby

#208 Post by danbywinby » 24 Dec 2021 10:49

@Laqueesha Thank you for the link.

So it looks like it tweaked the flares on the emergency vehicles and added unmarked vehicles and added versions specific for states.

This seems strange to me because SCS already has emergency vehicles specific for city's and states and even highway patrol specific. I know this because I've already looked into the police vehicles as I'm working on a mod that adds police vehicles with the emergency lights on into the AI traffic. Unfortunately each version of the vehicle for each state is classed as a different vehicle so that means that instead of editing the vehicle in blender once I have to edit it multiple times for each state.

Depending on exactly what the mod changes / adds it might be fairly easy to simply tweak it to work with the latest update or at the very least the skins and potentially any new vehicle models could be saved. But I don't want to do anything without permission from the mod author and if SCS is already working on incorporating this into the game then any work would be pointless.
halbtollekreatur

#209 Post by halbtollekreatur » 24 Dec 2021 11:28

The GTM added new state specific looks for the, Pierce Arrow XT, the 2017 Ford F-350 Heavy Duty ambulance and the Ford Transit ambulance.
It still works with the latest version but the wheels of the F-350 are strange.
I posted it here.
viewtopic.php?p=1475404#p1475404
I you thought it can improve the variety of your events. Maybe you can ask for permission?!

Something else: With using PM Canada and Reforma map your events spawn with US police in Mexico and Canada. It's not a big deal. But maybe there is a solution?!
Laqueesha

#210 Post by Laqueesha » 24 Dec 2021 20:13

Yeah, the GTM adds some unique state-specific ambulances and firetrucks not in the base game. Just textures, aside from the lights they use the original models I think.

Return to “Others”