[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
jarryed

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#321 Post by jarryed » 29 Mar 2022 17:52

Still love using this mod but i'm wondering why there is no fire engines at your accident scenes? There is a huge gap in the middle where that should be at. I do not run any traffic mods so I feel that should rule out that issue.

Looking forward to the next update.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
halbtollekreatur

#322 Post by halbtollekreatur » 29 Mar 2022 20:23

It's a problem with the Proper Traffic Variety mod
danbywinby

#323 Post by danbywinby » 29 Mar 2022 21:12

@koolizz

I love the idea of adding in a "jack-knife" event.

I did try looking into doing something like this however as you rightfully guessed the trucks and trailers will automatically generate in a straight line. But I did find models of trucks and trailers that I could place individually. However this then gave me the problem of the truck dynamically generating a different model and size each time so lining up 5th wheel and hook to make it look like a "jack-knife" proved to be impossible. However I do remember seeing a "rear align" truck model in the editor a while back which I have on my list to look into and try some stuff out with.

The other problem is the trailers. In order to get the best variety in my events I want the trailer to dynamically generate any trailer in the game each time however this means that the trailer could be any size and so similar to the issue with the truck above lining the 5th wheel and hook up becomes impossible. One solution is to use the same size trailer but this means less variety. Another solution could be a separate scene for each trailer.

Space is another issue as you correctly pointed out I have mentioned in the past that I am unable to place anything off the road unfortunately so that means nothing in ditches. I am only able to use one lane as well unless the road has a shoulder in which case I can use the outside lane plus the shoulder.

You mention trucks and trailers laying on the side flipped over. That might be possible as there's an event in ETS2 with a flipped over car. I've stayed away from flipped over vehicle events at the moment because they would generally be bigger and involve multiple lane closures which I currently can't do.
jarryed

#324 Post by jarryed » 29 Mar 2022 21:29

halbtollekreatur wrote: 29 Mar 2022 20:23 It's a problem with the Proper Traffic Variety mod
Perhaps you should reread my post where I specifically said......
jarryed wrote: 29 Mar 2022 17:52 I do not run any traffic mods so I feel that should rule out that issue.
So tell me how a traffic mod that I don't even run is causing this issue? *FACEPALM!!!!!!!!!!*
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
danbywinby

#325 Post by danbywinby » 29 Mar 2022 21:43

@jarryed If you run any other mods at all then I would first of all recommend trying removing them to see if one of them is causing the issue. If that doesn't fix it then please post a screenshot of the events so that we can see exactly what you are referring to. Bare in mind that not all of the accident events do have fire engines they are a little rare.
jarryed

#326 Post by jarryed » 29 Mar 2022 21:55

This is just one example. Accident scene. Single vehicle crash. Also happens on a multiple vehicle crash. Big empty space where the fire engine should be sitting. Mod versioning is 1.3.2 - TEST. This one has further warning distance signs if I remember.

[ external image ]
halbtollekreatur

#327 Post by halbtollekreatur » 30 Mar 2022 12:09

jarryed wrote: 29 Mar 2022 21:29
halbtollekreatur wrote: 29 Mar 2022 20:23 It's a problem with the Proper Traffic Variety mod
Perhaps you should reread my post where I specifically said......
jarryed wrote: 29 Mar 2022 17:52 I do not run any traffic mods so I feel that should rule out that issue.
So tell me how a traffic mod that I don't even run is causing this issue? *FACEPALM!!!!!!!!!!*
Just saying I had the mod active and the same problem. I disabled it but the problem was still there. Si I had the problem until I set up a new account. Was probably caused by steam.
danbywinby

#328 Post by danbywinby » 30 Mar 2022 20:37

@jarryed

That event in your screenshot is not one of the ones that has a fire engine.

The events with the fire engine are one of the more rare types of events.

Below is an example of one of the events with a fire engine:
[ external image ]
jarryed

#329 Post by jarryed » 31 Mar 2022 04:11

That doesn't make any sense. As I live in the USA you have a pretty decent bang up like the truck in my photo but fire trucks...more often than not it is a quick response unit which are not represented in game...are dispatched along with police and ambulance.

Not having a fire truck at these scene is truly flabbergasting.

Minor fender benders will usually only have a police presence.
danbywinby

#330 Post by danbywinby » 31 Mar 2022 11:02

@jarryed

As I said above and showed in my screenshot. There are events in my mod that do have fire trucks its just that they are rare. Perhaps they are a bit too rare I could decrease the rarity but I would like to hear other peoples thoughts on whether they are too rare or not first.

With regards to the specific event in your screenshot that is actually a default SCS event with only minor modifications by me like the long cone taper.

Also as you pointed out yes realistically at most if not all accidents you would have a fire truck on scene. But for variety the fire truck is not in all of my events which in my opinion is realistic because the event scenes only show a snapshot of whats happening at that moment it could be that the fire truck has not arrived yet or has already left. Same applies for the ambulance and recovery trucks.

Return to “Others”