Load Order - ETS2 v1.49 Map Combos (Updated 07 Apr 2024 - Heart of Africa - Horn of Africa - Road into Wilderness)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Yoguruto

Re: Load Order - ETS2 v1.45 Map Combos (Updated 7 Aug 2022 - Road connections to Southern Region)

#2681 Post by Yoguruto » 07 Aug 2022 17:39

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 07 Aug 2022 14:55
thedrippingone wrote: 07 Aug 2022 13:00Because there's no Road Connection available for Poland Rebuilding to make it fit with Promods+Rusmap+(maybe) RoEx

@Vinnie Terranova please considering adding this to "To do" on page 1, it's becoming an FAQ :)
How could I have forgotten..? I thought I had a complete list in that Todo section... Anyway, Poland Rebuilding has joined the Todo list. :D Hopefully it will not stay there for long... :o
Thanks Vinnie! My loadorder isn't complete without PR
thedrippingone

Re: Load Order - ETS2 v1.45 Map Combos (Updated 7 Aug 2022 - Road connections to Southern Region)

#2682 Post by thedrippingone » 07 Aug 2022 17:43

More comprehensive instructions for updating Manifest, including a walkthrough, using the SXC Extractor, and 7-zip:

Modifying and repacking map files

Prerequisites

7-Zip installed
SXC Extractor downloaded from viewtopic.php?t=276948

Why do we need to modify the map files?

The most common reason for modifying is because the map creator has locked the map to a specific version of ETS2/ATS, and you want to use it on a newer release.

Inside the map, there is a file called "manifest.sii", and this is the one that may control which versions of the game the map is suitable for,

In this file, you need to locate the line with "compatible_versions", and insert a # at the very beginning of that line.

So this means

Code: Select all

compatible_versions[]: "1.44.*"
becomes

# compatible_versions[]: "1.44.*"
By commenting out this line, you will allow the mod to be used on ANY version of ETS2

Simplest Method (Recommended)
For those who are not that comfortable with command lines, here's a simplified method, requiring only one command prompt

press WindowsKey and R to open "run command" window
enter

c:\tools\sxc64.exe -i -od
choose the SCS file from the Open dialog
"Make a new folder" in the "Browse for computer" dialog on the next screen
sxc64 will then extract the contents to the folder you created
Modify the manifest.sii as needed
Start 7-Zip File Manager
navigate to the new folder you created
Select ALL files and folders
Click Add
In the next dialog
Ensure "Archive format" is set to zip
choose an output file in the "Archive" section at the top (this should be a NEW file, can have extension scs)
click OK
this will create the new file with modified contents
Open the new file in 7-Zip File Manager
It SHOULD have manifest.sii at the top level
If you got this far, you can copy the new file to your mods directory

More detailed method

Important note. All of the application and system paths mentioned here with the exception of those on c:\temp and c:\tools are the paths on my 64 bit computer in English. If you use a 32 bit computer in German, the paths might well be different, so it's up to you to check the exact ones. Where I call sxc64.exe, use sxc.exe if your computer is 32 bit.

Using Iberia Rebuild as an example, and changing the compatibility to allow the SCS file to be used on different versions:

Create a folder somewhere, for example c:\tools
Copy sxc64.exe and sxc.exe from the SXC archive to c:\tools.

Create a temporary directory somewhere, for example c:\temp
copy Iberia Rebuild.scs to c:\temp\
Create an extraction folder c:\temp\extract

Run the following commands in a command window

c:\tools\sxc64.exe -o c:\temp\extract "c:\temp\Iberia Rebuild.scs"
Note that the quotation marks are needed as the filename has a space in it, and Windows gets confused easily

c:\temp\extract now contains the files from the scs file

Now open c:\temp\extract\manifest.sii in notepad.exe, or your favorite plain-text editor. Don't use anything fancy for this

Locate the line with

"compatible_versions[]: "1.44.*"
NOTE: there may be extra text after this in some files

Insert a # at the very beginning of that line

So this means

becomes

By commenting out this line, you will allow the mod to be used on ANY version of ETS2

Save the file

Now run in your command window the following

cd \temp\extract
Your prompt in your command window should now be c:\temp\extract

"c:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a -r "..\Iberia Rebuild Fixed.scs"

Copy "c:\temp\Iberia Rebuild fixed.scs" to your ETS2 mod folder, and it SHOULD be usable in your load order

EDIT: Simplified slightly by having the temp folder on C: drive. You're free to place this ANYWHERE you want though.
Last edited by thedrippingone on 15 Aug 2022 04:18, edited 8 times in total.
Brucie78

#2683 Post by Brucie78 » 07 Aug 2022 18:14

thedrippingone wrote: 07 Aug 2022 17:43 More comprehensive instructions for updating Manifest, including a walkthrough, using the SXC Extractor, and 7-zip:

Modifying and repacking map files
---------------------------------

Prerequisites

7-Zip installed
SXC Extractor downloaded from viewtopic.php?t=276948

Important note. All of the application and system paths mentioned here with the exception of those on D:\temp and D:\tools are the paths on my 64 bit computer in English. If you use a 32 bit computer in German, the paths might well be different, so it's up to you to check the exact ones. Where I call sxc64.exe, use sxc.exe if your computer is 32 bit.

Using Iberia Rebuild as an example, and changing the compatibility to allow the SCS file to be used on different versions:

Create a folder somewhere, for example d:\tools
Copy sxc64.exe and sxc.exe from the SXC archive to d:\tools.

Create a temporary directory somewhere, for example d:\temp
copy Iberia Rebuild.scs to d:\temp\
Create an extraction folder d:\temp\extract

Run the following commands in a command window

d:\tools\sxc64.exe -o d:\temp\extract "d:\temp\Iberia Rebuild.scs"
Note that the quotation marks are needed as the filename has a space in it, and Windows gets confused easily

d:\temp\extract now contains the files from the scs file

Now open d:\temp\extract\manifest.sii in notepad.exe, or your favorite plain-text editor. Don't use anything fancy for this

Locate the line with

"compatible_versions[]: "1.44.*"
NOTE: there may be extra text after this in some files

Insert a # at the very beginning of that line

So this means

becomes

Save the file

Now run in your command window the following

d:
Note that this is ONLY needed if your temp directory is on a different drive

cd \temp\extract
Your prompt in your command window should now be d:\temp\extract

"c:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a -r "..\Iberia Rebuild Fixed.scs"

Copy "d:\temp\Iberia Rebuild fixed.scs" to your ETS2 mod folder, and it SHOULD be usable in your load order
thanks for trying but even this is beyond me with basic computer knowledge.
thedrippingone

#2684 Post by thedrippingone » 07 Aug 2022 18:18

I wish I could provide you with the fixed files, but unfortunately that's not possible due for legal reasons. Most mods have an explicit "only download from the original links" clause in their license/terms.

And because of the nature of these "protected" mods, it does require some intermediate skill level with a PC, to modify them :/
Brucie78

#2685 Post by Brucie78 » 07 Aug 2022 18:22

i understand mate, but making folders everywhere and using commands just confuses me, i can make folders no issue, but your say d: i dont have d: lol, then i dont have a clue about commands
thedrippingone

#2686 Post by thedrippingone » 07 Aug 2022 18:27

some of us are old farts who learned with commands, before mice and windows and stuff :D
thedrippingone

#2687 Post by thedrippingone » 07 Aug 2022 19:02

Brucie78 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 18:22 i understand mate, but making folders everywhere and using commands just confuses me, i can make folders no issue, but your say d: i dont have d: lol, then i dont have a clue about commands
Now check the "Simplest Method" I added above. This is about as easy as I can get it for people who don't like commands :)
Brucie78

#2688 Post by Brucie78 » 07 Aug 2022 19:18

yes buddy seems to work thank you, its idiot proof now lol
Brucie78

#2689 Post by Brucie78 » 07 Aug 2022 19:36

worked them all except for volga map english city names
ludvick

#2690 Post by ludvick » 07 Aug 2022 20:45

Brucie78 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 19:36 worked them all except for volga map english city names
You might try to find and use DART SCS Extractor that is a windows tool (you don't need to use commands).
Choose a protected/damaged .scs file (a mod), and program will "generate" repaired version of a file (new file's name will start with "repaired_"+original name of choosen mod). If you don't change destination folder, DART will create new file in the same folder where original mod is placed.

Return to “Modding Guides”