East Coast Speculation Thread

Tails

Re: East Coast Speculation Thread

#131 Post by Tails » 23 Feb 2021 16:55

it would be cool to see those traffic lights have some physics from the wind.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
supersobes
Global moderator

#132 Post by supersobes » 23 Feb 2021 18:51

flight50 wrote: 23 Feb 2021 15:10 I love seeing these old school lights. We got the single blinking red light on wires. I'm sure SCS won't miss these bad boys either.
Span wire traffic signals themselves aren't necessarily old school. There are still new installations of new span wire signals being put up. The old school ones are usually the four direction signals that hang over the center of the intersection. Most span wire traffic signals are modern now. They are pretty much the same as the mast arm traffic signals, just without the mast arm and with less construction time/cost.
flight50 wrote: I like the bottom right a lot. I never seen it with the "left" tag on the light.
Those are specific to traffic signals in Michigan. They even light up at night too. We have a thread here on the forum that is specifically about Michigan traffic signals too.
flight50

#133 Post by flight50 » 23 Feb 2021 20:42

The span lights are old school for me I guess I can say then. Depends on what part of the country you in. The West is younger than the East in regards to development so there's less use of these. They are still in the same boat with the 4 way....they hang from a wire and not mounted on a post. That is what I'm referring to old school as. When streets expand or roads upgraded, they don't go back with span lights typically around here where I'm at. I've seen a lot of span lights replaced from my time living here in Texas and in Little Rock Arkansas when I was there. The only time I see span lights in my area are temporary when a major road works project is going on and they hang those until the large metal supports are in place. If the span lights are still going up in the East, that just means they aren't phasing them out is all. In high winds, they just aren't structural sound. But they are kinda like a W900. Its a classic and hasn't changed in decades, yet they still make new 2021 models.

Hanging by a thread, they cause chaos with traffic in high winds or other mishaps. Most of the West has hard supports in place in busier cities. I'm not wishing for this level of movement in ATs but some swaying would be nice when we do get area for them in ATS.
joschac2

#134 Post by joschac2 » 24 Feb 2021 00:54

I would like that movement

But only in bad weather ( If SCS updated the weather ) In weather you shouldn't drive in
supersobes
Global moderator

#135 Post by supersobes » 24 Feb 2021 02:12

Some subtle movements like this like this would be good for more typical weather. The span wire traffic signals are okay most of the time in real-life. The only time they become problematic is when unusually severe weather moves though, which isn't often unless you live in a hurricane zone on the coast or in Tornado Alley.
flight50

#136 Post by flight50 » 24 Feb 2021 03:08

^I think that would be the perfect movement. I'd like it if there were 2 animations though. 1 for overcast/cloudy days and one for bright sunny skies. Bright and sunny typically produces less wind. Overcast and rainy would be perfect for the video above. The video I posted would be perfect if SCS made severe thunderstorms for the GPs.... aka tornado alley areas of the map. SCS doesn't need to make them as violent as the videos I posted but a severe storms as a random events when going thru a town would be mad innovative.
dantastic

#137 Post by dantastic » 24 Feb 2021 05:22

@flight50 what's actually kind of funny is that I've only been in ohio for 5 years now, came here for college, and yet I know more of the industry around here than home, which is in supersobes' neck of the woods (fairfax county specifically)

This P&G plant in Lima solely makes detergent (liquid and tide pods), softener, and fabric conditioner. which I thought was interesting at first. and I just found a map online that shows all P&G plant locations (https://www.pglocations.com/). most are on the east coast but there's also a couple in the center of the country, plus one in california and one in arizona.

I definitely agree with you flight on the addition of bakeries, along with the cargo rework, because it'll add so much more variety. or even if we "get stuck" with some of the same cargo, it'll feel different going to other delivery locations

And I get what you were talking about @supersobes, like compared to all of I-80/90 turnpike/toll road in OH and IN there are more traffic lights on US-30
flight50

#138 Post by flight50 » 24 Feb 2021 06:25

@dantastic its funny you posted that link to P&G. I studied P&G last summer as they are one of the top North American companies for products. Products in which can easily come to ATS and distributed thru several depots in the game. I've been looking into dozens of top US companies actually. I just don't post them here as it part of my private research, but its how I gain knowledge on cargoes that could be good fits for ATS. I do a ton of research to understand cargo, industries and companies. I don't do it so much now though because the focus is not on ICC's That is why many might see me post ICC's. Here are some charts I made for P & G. My ideas are just concepts for my own knowledge though.
Paper products and household products
interstate trav

#139 Post by interstate trav » 25 Feb 2021 02:52

I wonder if there going to have turnpikes we have to pay for and Delaware how much will be there and will it be an alone state.
Shiva

#140 Post by Shiva » 25 Feb 2021 12:58

Delaware a stand alone state?!
No, I do not think so.
Delaware sectors.jpg
Delaware sectors.jpg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 936 times
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”