Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

Emaulligu

Re: Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

#141 Post by Emaulligu » 09 Dec 2021 07:50

I took the MAN and my standard SCS trailer for a little ride yesterday. The new Michelin tires for trailers are amazing ! It's crazy how just a photo of tires can look good.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
AkePhoe

#142 Post by AkePhoe » 09 Dec 2021 10:49

nice!
Emaulligu

#143 Post by Emaulligu » 14 Dec 2021 09:38

Time for something unprecedented here ! Driving an Iveco. Yep, that's right. The last time I found myself behind the wheel of one of those was years ago, when I bought the cheapest truck I could find to progress the Test Drive Unlimited achievement. Using the cheapest engine and gearbox didn't make a very positive test drive at all. This one is a little different, it's been made as comfortable as possible and I have to say it's not too bad to drive. The design is ageing a bit, so are the textures, and I found the steering to be a little hard in town, though it gets better on the highway. No real issue for a truck of that age, at least it doesn't try to send me off the road in every curve like a certain other truck *cough* Scania R/S *cough. The combo looks cool, and I'll leave it at that. Next truck on the list is the XF 2021, which is coming out this evening !

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#144 Post by Emaulligu » 16 Dec 2021 14:23

Took me a few days to have some time to drive it, I tried out the steeraxle because that's the big novelty, I'm a little sad there's not more customisation available, I hope it'll come later. The steeraxle steers, no doubt. Perhaps a little too much, unless it's because I mistook ETS for a rallye game when disembarking to Corsica. I like to push trucks there, guess I pushed this one a little too far. Still can't get used to the DAF design really. Not as bad as when I first saw it, but it doesn't catch with me.
Anyways, it's Christmas ! I plan on taking a lot of trucks around to do my deliveries, so that will spice things up a little for this thread instead of the same old boring Renault.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
AkePhoe

#145 Post by AkePhoe » 17 Dec 2021 06:57

Nice pics!
Emaulligu

#146 Post by Emaulligu » 17 Dec 2021 11:31

@AkePhoe Thank you !

I made another go at the Scania, but I still can't find a nice look for it, and there's also that tiny problem where it unvariably tries to send me off the road whenever I drive it. So I stopped after the first delivery, and picked up something a lot nicer. I have to say, even now that we have seen the 2021 version, the XF6 is kind of growing on me. I didn't really like it at first, but this is getting better. I put back the 6x2 taglift chassis to have a nice Dutch truck, otherwise it's the same as previously. Drives very nicely and looks super cool. I might change truck again later, for the sake of variety. This is only the beginning, there's plenty more event deliveries to be done !

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#147 Post by Emaulligu » 19 Dec 2021 18:14

Closing on my personal objective for the WoT event, I really want to try those light strips on ! In the meantime I changed trucks again and I'm back with the TGX EL3 ! Not my wildest spec, but it looks nice and clean, which I guess should be sufficient until well... until some of the stuff announced into the Christmas livestream comes to life. Big hype from my part here. Anyways, did some more deliveries with a friend, so there's a couple of pics from the final one.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
AkePhoe

#148 Post by AkePhoe » 20 Dec 2021 05:31

Nice setup!
Emaulligu

#149 Post by Emaulligu » 26 Dec 2021 10:32

@AkePhoe Thank you !

Lots of new pics today, I briefly put my Renault in the winter spirit until I decided to build up a stronger sled for Santa to deliver gifts with.
I love the MP3 and there's a lot to do with it. Chassis is definitely too long for its own good, but the engine does pull it around like nothing. A very pleasant drive for this winter !

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#150 Post by Emaulligu » 08 Jan 2022 22:06

First delivery of the new year, and I'm back into my favorite truck which still hasn't reached its final form. Still makes for a good combo as I drive through France again !

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”