England rebuild

marvix

Re: England rebuild

#121 Post by marvix » 24 Oct 2021 19:59

UK needs to be redone and Ireland needs to be added, No question about that. Not sure why its not a priority, I'm sure there are a lot of "PAYING" customers who would support a UK/Ireland DLC.
xXCARL1992Xx

#122 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Oct 2021 20:01

there never will be an UK DLC because this is pure stupidity if this was the decision
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
TitleMax

#123 Post by TitleMax » 07 Jan 2022 01:37

taneorb wrote: 01 Sep 2021 14:34 I'm a bit conflicted on the UK rebuild, I really don't know how good a germany style rebuild would end up. I feel like a lot of the rebuilt German cities are kinda meh because they just got a light re-skinning.

I'd be pretty disappointed if London just got a minor re-skin, especially after getting used to Promods version. Which even that I feel like they shouldn'tve bothered with most of the central parts, because most trucks aren't going to waste hours trekking through the centre unless unloading there which again isn't that common. But overall the bits they've touched I feel like they've nailed the feel of UK roads. I feel like SCS need to come up with so many new assets also compared to the Germany rebuild.
If the Austria Rework goes well, then they might tear most of the U.K. down and redo it from scratch, I say "most" 'cause they might be able to work with some areas they already have
Just some random guy
marvix

#124 Post by marvix » 07 Jan 2022 03:31

Not sure why a suggestion that the U.K would not be possibly be a DLC, France is, it was part of the old map.
Dr. Delerious

#125 Post by Dr. Delerious » 07 Jan 2022 03:49

SCS could definitely make the empty parts of Scotland and Wales along side Ireland as a DLC.
TheAmir259

#126 Post by TheAmir259 » 07 Jan 2022 04:46

That is possible but it remains to be seen, the entirety of the British isles feels like they needed to be entirely ripped out and remade from the ground up.
marvix wrote: 07 Jan 2022 03:31 Not sure why a suggestion that the U.K would not be possibly be a DLC, France is, it was part of the old map.
The idea of locking a rework behind a paywall, to put it simply is ridiculous. The complexity involved in doing that is also laughable that it is obvious which one is simpler and more worth doing. Their current works and standards of dealing with these has also been made clear, and whenever was it that the originally-free parts of France (Reims, Calais, Lyon, etc.) turned into a locked-behind-paywall status? They've already shown that they're willing to bring the free parts of France up to the standards of the Vive La France DLC for free, and they've done so many times and are continuing to do so with no hints of locking any rework behind paywalls, what makes you think a DLC for rework is still on the cards?

And finally, yet another confirmation:
[ external image ]
Regarding the statement of "very problematic for future maintenance", it has already been discussed in here, and logically speaking too, its not worth it at all. Money doesn't solve everything, and SCS themselves have also steeled on this stance, stop pursuing for it (trying to make it a paid DLC).
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#127 Post by Mohegan13 » 07 Jan 2022 14:38

It wouldn't be possible to do the UK as a DLC anyway, they aren't just reworking it they are rescaling it most likely. It would make one of the versions incompatible with WoTr. Hence technical problems.

If Ireland comes with the rework it will obviously be a DLC and they need to flesh out Wales and Scotland too they are really badly done. Even referring to it as GB would be an insult right now, let alone UK.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Trucker Nik

#128 Post by Trucker Nik » 16 Feb 2022 11:48

Where can I find a research thread in the UK?
MarkON

#129 Post by MarkON » 16 Feb 2022 12:37

@Virtual Trucker 51 viewtopic.php?t=280834
Trucker Nik

#130 Post by Trucker Nik » 16 Feb 2022 17:31

When working on reworking the UK it would be a great pity to miss this part of the motorway near London, where the Qeen Elizabeth II Bridge is located, and next to this bridge is the Dartford Tunnel which goes under the River Thames when I drove my father on a truck to England before 12 years ago, we went through this bridge and tunnel, I remember it now, scs not to forget this tunnel and add a bridge when reworking the UK
https://maps.app.goo.gl/GE8293AaW7Gd19L57 bridge
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Jh2KDoKo6V9bzJ3H9 tunnel
I also wrote this post to the UK research thread, but I want it to be here as well, it will have more viewers, and I hope that someone with the developers will read it, and it will take place

Return to “General discussion about the game”