England rebuild

Vinnie Terranova

Re: England rebuild

#141 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 22 Feb 2022 08:12

I think SCS do the central Europe parts of the base map first, because those central parts connect the parts of Europe that are of descent quality (Iberia, RttBS, BtBS, Italy, France, the reworked highways of Germany, and the upcoming HoR, (or even the upcoming Baltics DLC)). Austria and Switzerland are in the middle of those quality areas, so they really need an overhaul really soon. Ofcourse there is also Going East, which need an urgent overhaul, and I wouldn't be surprised if Going East gets an overhaul before the Benelux, before the UK, and before Scandinavia. Just because the Benelux, the UK and Scandinavia are not central parts of Europe, and thus can easily be avoided driving for now.
akk1174

#142 Post by akk1174 » 22 Feb 2022 09:06

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 22 Feb 2022 08:12 I think SCS do the central Europe parts of the base map first, because those central parts connect the parts of Europe that are of descent quality (Iberia, RttBS, BtBS, Italy, France, the reworked highways of Germany, and the upcoming HoR, (or even the upcoming Baltics DLC)). Austria and Switzerland are in the middle of those quality areas, so they really need an overhaul really soon. Ofcourse there is also Going East, which need an urgent overhaul, and I wouldn't be surprised if Going East gets an overhaul before the Benelux, before the UK, and before Scandinavia. Just because the Benelux, the UK and Scandinavia are not central parts of Europe, and thus can easily be avoided driving for now.
I think the first reconstruction area after Austria is likely to be Switzerland, because Switzerland is one of the important channels from Germany to northern Italy. After Switzerland, it should be the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg you mentioned, because from Rhine Westphalia to Lille and Calais in France, you have to pass through Belgium, The French Lille and western Germany have also been rebuilt in the previous version. If the 1.46 version at the end of this year has been rebuilt, the area should be Switzerland, while the 1.48 or 1.49 version at the middle or end of next year will have Benelux.
akk1174

#143 Post by akk1174 » 22 Feb 2022 09:12

akk1174 wrote: 22 Feb 2022 09:06
Vinnie Terranova wrote: 22 Feb 2022 08:12 I think SCS do the central Europe parts of the base map first, because those central parts connect the parts of Europe that are of descent quality (Iberia, RttBS, BtBS, Italy, France, the reworked highways of Germany, and the upcoming HoR, (or even the upcoming Baltics DLC)). Austria and Switzerland are in the middle of those quality areas, so they really need an overhaul really soon. Ofcourse there is also Going East, which need an urgent overhaul, and I wouldn't be surprised if Going East gets an overhaul before the Benelux, before the UK, and before Scandinavia. Just because the Benelux, the UK and Scandinavia are not central parts of Europe, and thus can easily be avoided driving for now.
I think the first reconstruction area after Austria is likely to be Switzerland, because Switzerland is one of the important channels from Germany to northern Italy. After Switzerland, it should be the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg you mentioned, because from Rhine Westphalia to Lille and Calais in France, you have to pass through Belgium, The French Lille and western Germany have also been rebuilt in the previous version. If the 1.46 version at the end of this year has been rebuilt, the area should be Switzerland, while the 1.48 or 1.49 version at the middle or end of next year will have Benelux.
There is also Liechtenstein. Because the area is too small, there is probably no problem of proportion in the game.
tomprice98

#144 Post by tomprice98 » 22 Feb 2022 12:06

TheAmir259 wrote: 22 Feb 2022 07:17 My guess is that they will go to Switzerland first, unfortunately.

Honestly, i don't know who even requested for Alps first, my list goes like this
1) UK
2) Lowlands
3) anything else
thus i can't see why SCS decided to go with Alps first when i'm pretty sure the first two in my list are also the most requested too.
Because the alps are surrounded on all sides by areas that have recently been reworked/ added as DLC (Germany, Italy & France), so it is hard to avoid driving through Austria/ Switzerland if you drive in Germany/ Italy/ France. The UK is highly requested and will be reworked one day, but it is easy to avoid, because it is on the edge of the map. I wouldn't be surprised if BeNeLux comes before the UK. It will be interesting to see what happens with Western Poland/ Czechia which were part of the base game but had areas added in Going East. They may do them at the same time as Going East rework or they may do them earlier (and probably before UK if they do)
isaac_mihai

#145 Post by isaac_mihai » 22 Feb 2022 18:11

I have a feeling that they are actually already working on UK rework. It is just that the island is so big and the work is on an early stage so they didn't announced it yet. Also they want to see more feedback from Austria first.
SidusBrist

#146 Post by SidusBrist » 12 May 2022 06:50

isaac_mihai wrote: 22 Feb 2022 18:11 I have a feeling that they are actually already working on UK rework. It is just that the island is so big and the work is on an early stage so they didn't announced it yet. Also they want to see more feedback from Austria first.
That would be great! I think no developer could confirm that since it would impact marketing a lot, but it's possible indeed.
I just hope they'll do it one day, even if in the next 2-3 years.
My opinion is that it will come together with an Ireland DLC that will be very very accurate and include an UK Rework.
But consider most of the Balkans, Greece and Ucraine included, are still missing, so (if they'll ever make more DLCs) Ireland would surely come after those countries. :D
Vinnie Terranova

#147 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 12 May 2022 08:17

I don't think SCS is already working on the UK. First the Benelux must be reworked. Otherwise you would have a big gap in quality if you want to drive from the UK to eastern Europe.
SidusBrist

#148 Post by SidusBrist » 12 May 2022 08:29

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 12 May 2022 08:17 I don't think SCS is already working on the UK. First the Benelux must be reworked. Otherwise you would have a big gap in quality if you want to drive from the UK to eastern Europe.
I agree... together with Benelux also Czech Republic have a bit of a lower quality.
There are so many places that need a rework unfortunately... maybe it's easier for them to make ETS3 :?
Madkine
Global moderator

#149 Post by Madkine » 12 May 2022 08:37

It's alot harder for them to make ETS3 than to rework older parts of the map. For the UK rebuild you can count on all parts of the base map on the continent being done first.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#150 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 12 May 2022 08:41

making a new game will consume lot of time
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood

Return to “General discussion about the game”