Removable Banner & Flags

NCTrucker

Removable Banner & Flags

#1 Post by NCTrucker » 10 Feb 2021 23:58

I love heavy hauling, I do. I have a Peterbilt 389 configured for heavy hauling with a tri-axle chassis with a floating axle. However, it's not something that I do all the time. Sometimes I like to just take a simple reefer or dry-van job and then do a heavy haul when I feel like it. I really wish we could remove the flags and banner from our trucks when we're not doing heavy hauls. Even if it's just to toggle them on and off like the beacon, it would be better than having to go to a shop to add or remove the flags or banner.
stummer

Re: Removable Banner & Flags

#2 Post by stummer » 11 Feb 2021 16:17

I absolutely second that. I don't need a hot key like for the beacons. I would be enough to be able to toggle them like you already can change some trailer settings.
Carolinafrog

#3 Post by Carolinafrog » 11 Feb 2021 18:06

toadally third this!!! WE NEED THIS!!! maybe in the F7 menus??
hvyhal

#4 Post by hvyhal » 14 Feb 2021 19:19

Absolutely! A button to toggle flags and banners on truck and trailer separately would be cool. Pay for the flags and banners in the truck/trailer configuration, but then toggle them on/off once you have them so that it's a one time purchase.
Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198440518973/
Dynamosity

#5 Post by Dynamosity » 13 Mar 2021 12:52

+1 for this as I also mix heavy with normal
PBandJ

#6 Post by PBandJ » 13 Mar 2021 13:39

Has been asked for many times and ignored many times unfortunately.
MartyrKomplx

#7 Post by MartyrKomplx » 21 Mar 2021 15:25

@PBandJ We just gotta keep asking for this, then.

Maybe it could be tied in with the type of cargo. A flag-variable in the cargo def that says "I'm an oversized or special transport load; activate flags/banners if purchased"
[ external image ]
R.I.P. - - - Chaos Fang: Ministry Lineage, 1st Generation. 4 Years Service
Retired - Chaos Devil: Ministry Lineage, 2nd Generation, 3.5 Years Service

Big Trouble Trucking Company No Trouble Too Big Since 2018
Bob123412

#8 Post by Bob123412 » 22 Mar 2021 05:24

This is something I have thought about before as well. It would also be interesting if they added a fine for not having the proper warning equipment on your vehicle. It is common to see guys pull into truck stops and remove their banners and store them in their truck.
Arexodius

#9 Post by Arexodius » 23 Jun 2022 15:31

This is such a desperately needed feature!
The problem is that the closest truck service station is sometimes hundreds of miles away (Sterling, CO), making it extremely impractical to put the banners and flags on before doing some hauls.
It's one thing that the game allows you to do hauls without the proper warning signs, but for some of us it makes no sense to ignore safety regulations. Then you might as well play Need For Speed instead.
If you want to call it a simulator you need to progressively add more realism, and this is a very good step in the right direction.
I mean... having to travel all the way to a service station just to put on some flags before the occasional heavy haul, that's just ridiculous.

There needs to be a separate config menu for this that you can pull up literally anywhere, as long as you're parked.
Only having a hotkey to toggle it would mean that you can't choose if you want the "Oversize" banner or some other for different loads.
In my view, you should be able to change the bumper signs on the back of trailers as well.
As long as you have all the necessary signs and banners in your inventory, you should be able to switch between them anywhere.
A nice touch would be if that inventory was specific to each truck and trailer, meaning you would have to purchase the appropriate signage for every vehicle.

Really hope this will be implemented in the not too far off future!
DarkD92

#10 Post by DarkD92 » 23 Jun 2022 19:57

+
It would be a small but worthwhile improvement. It can be added to the F7 menu.👍🏼

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”