[FORUM GAME] Where is this?

krmarci

Re: [FORUM GAME] Where is this?

#81 Post by krmarci » 02 Mar 2021 09:40

Wow, this feels hard. It could be France, Baltics or Balkans.
My first guess is France.

By the way - should we consider using images on the Truck Simulator Wiki in the first 24 hours as cheating or not?
P3TER_

#82 Post by P3TER_ » 02 Mar 2021 10:10

I think that is in game footage, so it shouldn't be allowed, but I'm not sure.
jackalnxt

#83 Post by jackalnxt » 02 Mar 2021 11:47

Probably wouldn't be a good idea to use the wiki images. It can make guessing less fun and more of a race to see who discovers it first.

For the image, the cemetery reminds me of RttBS. Maybe Romania?
P3TER_

#84 Post by P3TER_ » 02 Mar 2021 11:55

As you could've read earlier, I don't have RttBS, so Romania can't be an option. :)
Vinnie Terranova

#87 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 03 Mar 2021 10:06

What about this type of guessing? If you start with guessing by just naming a country, this way you are narrowing the possible locations down. But by this narrowing down you can very easily guess the correct location. And I don't know if that's the purpose of this forum game.

We now know that it is in Western Europe. So the possible countries are: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland. If we ask 'is it in France?', and the answer is 'Yes', we could narrowing it further down by asking 'is it the northern half of France?', or 'is it alongside the A10?', etc. But then we are just guessing until we have narrowed it down enough.

I think there is a problem with this type of guessing: we don't use the information that is visible in the screenshot. This type of guessing you can do with your eyes closed. Blindfolded. But what's the fun of that?

I think it is way more fun to analyze what's in the screenshot. You see some type of buildings and architecture. You see a church. You see differend kinds of vegetation. Color of the ground. Car brands and licences plates of parked vehicles. In other screenshots you see traffic signs and traffic lights, lines on the road, road layouts. Etc, etc.
I think we should use more that kind of information to guess the exact location, instead of narrowing down by asking 'Is it in France?' or 'Is it in Romania?'.

But that's my opinion. What do you guys think?
krmarci

#88 Post by krmarci » 03 Mar 2021 10:08

@Vinnie Terranova I would say it should be up to the person providing the image what kind of questions to answer. If you don't want to answer unfounded guesses, then you shouldn't.

@P3TER_ I think it's the village of Rigny-Ussé in France. The church looks quite similar to that on this image from the Truck Simulator Wiki:

[ external image ]

(By the way, I updated the rules - using Wiki images in the first 24 hours is no longer allowed, after that, they can be used.)
P3TER_

#89 Post by P3TER_ » 03 Mar 2021 11:07

@krmarci it's not Rigny-Ussé

@Vinnie Terranova I agree with you. A hint here or there is okay, but it gets too simple when we can just interview the author.
P3TER_

#90 Post by P3TER_ » 03 Mar 2021 22:40

Because I've said it's Western Europe, it should be clear we're talking about France, as it is the only country that features villages in Western Europe.

To give a slight hint in addition, it is not on the isle of Corsica.

Return to “General discussion about the game”