Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

Juli On Tour

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

#821 Post by Juli On Tour » 09 Aug 2022 14:37

I have posted a DropBox Link in "A good Idea for SCS and the North" Page 8.
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
AlexxxF1

#822 Post by AlexxxF1 » 09 Aug 2022 14:46

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 09 Aug 2022 09:54 people should forget re-releaseing, IT WONT HAPPEN, Going East will be redone and updated, they wont sell it twice same as the UK (or what from the UK is in the game)
I understand this point of view. Why pay when you can get it for free.

Yes, I paid, but firstly, these territories paid off for me a long time ago.
and secondly, I do not use them anymore, because of their quality.

You bought them a long time ago, quality that does not meet today's standards.

I try look at how any game studio works today. even the largest, such as Sony :!: for example.
Any of their games that came out before, today, getting a remake or simple rework, asks to re-buy their game.
For example, the well-known game "The Last of Us" (2013) was released on PS3, it received an update,
it became possible to play not at 30 fps, but at 60 fps on PS4 pro, and you are again asked to buy the same game that you bought before. for full price, for 60$.
in the digital store. for a digital copy of the same game.
And you know what :?: , today again, in 2022, updated graphics are released, remastered version of "The Last of Us", and you are again asked to buy the same game,
only with improved textures on PS5, not for $60, but for $70. full price for the same game with other textures.
even now they ask you for more money for the same game. which you already bought twice before) :lol: LOL
:idea:
ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION
ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM Anniversary EDITION
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE REMASTERED
BIOSHOCK/BIOSHOCK 2 REMASTERED
MASS EFFECT: LEGENDARY EDITION
THE LAST OF US REMASTERED
FABLE ANNIVERSARY
MAFIA II: DEFINITIVE EDITION / MAFIA III: DE
CRYSIS REMASTERED
METRO REDUX / METRO 2033 REDUX / METRO EXODUS REDUX
GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE TRILOGY – THE DEFINITIVE EDITION

or a bunch of other examples. games and major studios.
when they just changed a couple of textures and asked again for the full price for their game, which you bought recently.

And how will the old Going East DLС and Going East remastered DLC differ from all this ??? what I suggest.
Moreover, the cost of DLC is incomparably lower than any full-fledged game today.
And if you consider that you offer to wait 15 years, what if I offer you to wait for you just only 2 years and you get the Going East remaster DLC with a 70% discount, in Steam.
for just only $5. For amazing quality, new cities and saturation, elaboration...all only for $5 and two years of waiting if you don't want to pay full price at the start ( 18$).

You suggest waiting 8 years for rework all base map and then another +5-10 years to finally get a completely updated Going East DLC.
Yes, free is great.
Only for me, these 13-18 years are not worth the wait. It's easier for me to pay to get it now.

:arrow: Moreover, you are sure that ETS2 will develop for another 18 years? :?: when the SCS announced that they do not plan to go east of HoR.
And that means, that we'll just never see a free rework of Going East DLC or any rework of Going East DLC in fact.
Possible territories where ETS 2 can go are left for about 6-7 years if not go further east into Central Asia.

it's just a fact.
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 09 Aug 2022 15:08, edited 5 times in total.
oldmanclippy

#823 Post by oldmanclippy » 09 Aug 2022 14:51

They can't possibly charge for a Going East 2.0, because that would mean either a) having to maintain two versions of the same map which will never ever happen, or b) having to remove Going East 1.0 from everyone's game which would be very illegal. It's just never going to happen, and I don't mean that figuratively, I mean that literally. The only way Poland/Hungary/Slovakia will ever be paid DLC in an SCS game ever again is if they stopped development on ETS2 and made ETS3, which is extremely unlikely to happen in at least the next decade or two IMO.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
xXCARL1992Xx

#824 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Aug 2022 14:53

long wall of useless text, the wont do it, period

what you see as "payed of already" is you opinion, if you are on of these people who buys new games that repeat iselve every year, well, congratulations you have fallen right into the money milking scheme of the company, i would never buy a repeating game with no changes, thats on you

and the fact remains, they wont sell DLCs twice or they would have done it with Germany and Austria already, same for California in ATS but they didnt, the same reason why they dont sell truck

people should forget this way really fast

"when the SCS announced that they do not plan to go east of HoR."

all this means there wont be a DLC right after it that goes further, they still have other European territories to map out before they can even think to enter Asia, ETS2 will most likely not end when Europe is done
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Aziz

#825 Post by Aziz » 09 Aug 2022 15:35

AlexxxF1 wrote: 09 Aug 2022 14:46 And how will the old Going East DLС and Going East remastered DLC differ from all this ???
Uh, they're full games, not dlcs? I haven't seen, ANYWHERE, a situation where I'd have to pay for a remastered expansion while the base game remains unchanged.
AlexxxF1 wrote: 09 Aug 2022 14:46 wait 15 years
[...]
You suggest waiting 8 years for rework all base map and then another +5-10 years [...] these 13-18 years
[...]
another 18 years?
Where'd you get these numbers? In next post you'll drop 26 years?

And you're forgetting a simple detail, SCS's workhours are not infinite, a work week is only 5 days long, and the studio isn't the size of Tardis. Even if you somehow got your wild dream materialized, it ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Unless you do it yourself.
Evil_Jason

#826 Post by Evil_Jason » 09 Aug 2022 19:12

The remaining parts of Scandinavia are quite huge. I doubt it would come in one DLC

[ external image ]
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
oldmanclippy

#827 Post by oldmanclippy » 09 Aug 2022 20:28

That's Fennoscandia, not Scandinavia. Denmark, Norway, and Sweden is the most common definition that I see. Northern Scandinavia IMO is doable for sure (similar in area to West Balkans but less dense), maybe even throwing in Iceland with them if they so desire.

I think before recently, the common speculation was Northern Scandinavia would be one DLC, and Northern Finland + Northwest Russia would be another DLC. Obviously the latter won't happen for some time, so that leaves Northern Finland in a bit of a pickle. Probably too big to add to a Northern Scandinavia DLC. Would probably work well as an ATS-sized DLC. In fact, that's three small DLCs that could be in the pipeline: Greece, Northern Finland, and Ireland. So I suppose we could get something like:

Spring 2023: West Balkans
Spring 2024: Northern Scandinavia
Winter 2024/2025: Greece
Summer 2025: Northern Finland
Winter 2025/2026: Island of Ireland
Winter 2026: Anatolia

The shift in focus to smaller more frequent releases would free up a chunk of the ETS2 team to help with the reworks at varying times while the rest work on the smaller DLCs. Like ATS, the sooner the reworks are finished, the more base map players are converted to DLC buyers and the more DLCs those converted players can be around for to purchase at launch.

If they don't want to shift to smaller DLCs, then I think their only option is to package Finland with Norway and Sweden and just make a big DLC, or keep Finland on the backburner for many years until Northwest Russia can be paired with it. And Greece could of course be bundled with Western Anatolia. Ireland is probably on its own and would need to be a small release. I think at some point they'll have to shift to smaller DLCs, maybe only for Ireland, maybe for 2 or all 3 of these instances. Maybe they have other ways to tackle it. Who knows.
Last edited by oldmanclippy on 09 Aug 2022 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Shiva

#828 Post by Shiva » 09 Aug 2022 20:30

Evil_Jason, I had for a long time, a theory that it would be split in 2.
Possibly leaving northernmost Norway, in the DLC with Finland + co.
But now? I'm not sure.

And yeah, that is Fennoscandia, as oldmanclippy wrote.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
angrybirdseller

#829 Post by angrybirdseller » 10 Aug 2022 00:01

Northern Scandinavia is safer bet to work on and rebuild old ETS2 cities on the map. Ireland and UK is possibility, but I think that will wait till after Greece is done as DLC.
Trucker Nik

#830 Post by Trucker Nik » 10 Aug 2022 14:02

I wondered if this poll was useless, since Pavel confirmed that they have been working on expanding the map until 2024 for a long time and this poll won't change that

Return to “General discussion about the game”