Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

dahaka

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

#801 Post by dahaka » 12 Jun 2022 19:48

Fair points, I made the documents before reaching the borders at all times, so I don't have to wait, luckily my boss pays all expenses, no questions asked.
I still haven't heard any western companies drive through Ukraine in Transit. And I've worked in a few myself too, spoke to countless drivers as well. I guess eastern companies may prefer going straight up then, but for example Hunland trucks avoid Ukraine, unless they are delivering to Ukraine. They go through Belarus. Then again, livestock transports might require more papers and inspections to be allowed to pass, so that might also be a factor.
MT269

#802 Post by MT269 » 15 Jun 2022 14:12

I have a feeling that the UK rebuild will come in 2030 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of UKTS.
oldmanclippy

#803 Post by oldmanclippy » 15 Jun 2022 14:54

Oh god I hope it comes far before that. The latest I see the project starting would be 2026, maybe 2027, and that's only if SCS decides to do Switzerland, Benelux, West-Central Czechia, Western Slovakia, and Northern Italy (again) all before the UK. 2024 or 2025 is more likely I think.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Some newbie driver

#804 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Jun 2022 10:35

dahaka wrote: 12 Jun 2022 19:48Then again, livestock transports might require more papers and inspections to be allowed to pass, so that might also be a factor.
I suppose livestocks in particular require a LOT of papework and maybe even something worse: a lot of time consumed due enforced quarantines on borders. Movement of "alive stuff" has a lot of quarantines and bans in lots of countries due all kind of problems with diseases that would be spread due a careless hauling of those goods. ATS showcases internal check borders in USA aimed to control that kind of things.

What I don't know if that, despite not having custom borders, there's different conditions in different EU countries for that kind of transports that force them more paperwork and more route planning/limitations. I recall listening news about limitations in some places because there's some active pandemic in animals; but I don't know if they are all EU enforced or limited to territories.
VirtualTruckTravels

#805 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 18 Jun 2022 22:53

MT269 wrote: 15 Jun 2022 14:12 I have a feeling that the UK rebuild will come in 2030 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of UKTS.
Why would they celebreate a Old forgotten game that was just a stepping Stone towards next project?
I Hope we see uk rebuild within next 2-3 years maximum.
Trucker Nik

#806 Post by Trucker Nik » 19 Jun 2022 07:15

A nice gift from the SCS for the 10th anniversary of ETS2 would be the announcement of a reworking of the UK it will definitely come sooner than 2030
tomprice98

#807 Post by tomprice98 » 19 Jun 2022 11:08

I think It'll be Switzerland in 2023, Benelux in 2024 then UK in 2025/2026
MACX8

#808 Post by MACX8 » 19 Jun 2022 12:02

for me i see SCS start with Hungary for WB
Hungary will Cross border over 3 countries
Last edited by MACX8 on 19 Jun 2022 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
I use ( Google Translate ) For translation to English
SCANIA-S best Truck ever in a Both game
Some newbie driver

#809 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Jun 2022 13:23

VirtualTruckTravels wrote: 18 Jun 2022 22:53Why would they celebreate a Old forgotten game that was just a stepping Stone towards next project?
Because that was their history, as so many other games. Not so much ago, we saw as how they make an homage to one of the old 18WOS games in one ATS DLC. Said that, to homage their history doesn't mean they had to do something about UK tied to specific dates just because it's an anniversary. SCS needs to keep working tied only to their roadmap based on intentions and capacities. Put themselves red lines to reach anniversaries is the better any developer can do if they want to fail due rushing things.

I would like the UK rework to come soon and in a whole (Pavel said that last one was his intention); not just to bring to current standards one of the oldest parts of the game but also due its relevance in the game. We can find lots of comments in here of people that say "I don't care because it's on a corner of the map that I don't use". But that doesn't change the fact that "corner" of the map if the home country of tens thousands of players 100% sure. And with lot of potential to attract lots more if it would have a good rebuilt.

During the first COVID confinement there was two F1 pilots that streamed by first time ETS2 to hundreds of thousands of their followers, mostly people that would had no idea at all about ETS2. Sadly, all that those viewers saw was UK because, as UK-living people, both F1 drivers started by there to stream. It was an unexpected huge marketing campaign for free that SCS missed because they had not been able to give some love to that part of the map. Would those drivers started to play just on Scandinavia (not even any other modern DLC), I'm sure it would had a very different appeal for the public.

At the end, only them could know how much effort they are able to divert to reworks or all the reasons they have to choose the order in which they choose the reworks.

Regards
oldmanclippy

#810 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Jun 2022 16:33

Imagine if this happened after the Austria rework, and F1 drivers were showing hundreds of thousands of people what SCS is really capable of...
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “General discussion about the game”