Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

Some newbie driver

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

#811 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 Jun 2022 18:14

There would be no shortage of (virtual) truck drivers anymore. :lol:

PD: BTW, both of them drove as like if they were still on a race. :lol: I recall one of them taking not so much time before rolling the truck even at default stability config. So reckless. :mrgreen:
Sovereign 89

#812 Post by Sovereign 89 » 02 Aug 2022 19:31

Since next DLC in works will include my country, I voted for a most interesting option now and that is Scandinavia expansion. I love driving up there in promods map, and I'm sure SCS can do even better job of it.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
oldmanclippy

#813 Post by oldmanclippy » 03 Aug 2022 13:48

Yeah Expand Scandinavia is my vote too. None of the other options make much sense:

- Further East won't happen for many years
- More Russia, lol
- Greece, too soon after West Balkans, they would get accused of splitting it up to make more money
- Ireland, unless they come out and say the UK rework is underway it wouldn't make sense to do Ireland
- Iceland, could come as part of Expand Scandinavia but won't come alone at this stage
- More Turkey, they wouldn't do before Greece if they were smart
- North Africa, again they wouldn't do that before more of Europe was complete

So Expand Scandinavia is really the only one that makes sense, IMO. You could argue along similar lines to Ireland that they shouldn't do it before reworking Scandinavia, but as far as we know they would need to rework the entire base map first. Unless they come out and say that Hungary is the next rework country showing that DLC countries can get reworks before base countries, I wouldn't count on them waiting 10 years to rework Scandinavia before releasing another Scandinavia expansion. Plus parts of Scandinavia hold up surprisingly well. It's really just the mountainous parts of Norway that look bad now (and not all of it looks *that* bad), which is ironic because those were the parts that looked best on release. But the flatter areas have aged better. Sweden in particular is pretty good all things considered.

Scandinavia is probably still my favorite DLC of all time in either game. It and Going East are the only DLCs I had purchased in 2015 when I started playing ETS2, and the only DLCs I purchased until I got back into them right before covid started. So it was really the only DLC until Road to the Black Sea and Utah that I got to experience as the "latest and greatest" alongside everyone else. The leap forward it represented over the base map has never been replicated. That's probably why it holds up still today, whereas parts of Vive la France and Italia are starting to show their age more IMO. You could tell that every effort was made to make it truly feel like an old school expansion to the base game, where everything was an improvement or at least a valiant attempt at an innovation. I sort of see a similar kind of spirit in the Austria team and I hope to see it in the Texas and West Balkans teams.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Shiva

#814 Post by Shiva » 03 Aug 2022 14:11

Scandinavia?
I think some cities still look OK, while others, would need either a partial or total rebuild.
Göteborg is a space hog. It has areas I would keep and roads that I would totally remove and replace with other roads.
+ it has road connections that are fictional, even tho the real connections could have been made.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
CarbonGTGaming

#815 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 05 Aug 2022 12:03

The reason I vote for more Scandinavia is because with West Balkans filling the massive gap in the map More parts of Norway Sweden and Finland should be next
AlexxxF1

#816 Post by AlexxxF1 » 09 Aug 2022 09:50

well, the only problem for me is that :
Iberia DLC - mountains,
Austria rework - mountains,
Western Balkans DLC - mountains,
Switzerland rework - mountains,
Norway, Sweden DLC - mountains.

of course, it would be great to dilute it with something, perhaps Belarus, West Ukraine DLC, and this will allow us to release HoR DLC at the same time. this will show that the SCS is in the neutral position.
Or if this is a problem, then SCS can release a new Going East DLC. Slovakia, Poland, Hungary are just awful and so unrealistic. yes, for 2016 it was amazing, but not today.
these countries look even worse than UK 2009.

Completely remove the Going East DLC (2013). do not spend 10 years reworking. in one year release new standard Going East DLC, like Iberia or RttBS.
Switzerland, Benelux, Czech Republic, UK, German cities require such a quick rework,
it would be nice if the surrounding territories of the base map of Italy and France received cosmetic repairs too.
And thats all, It will take so much time (8 full years) that there will simply not be enough left to remake Going East DLC.
Perhaps a good time would be to release it soon - new Going East DLC.

Greece, Turkey DLC are also mountains.
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 09 Aug 2022 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#817 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Aug 2022 09:54

people should forget re-releaseing, IT WONT HAPPEN, Going East will be redone and updated, they wont sell it twice same as the UK (or what from the UK is in the game)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Aziz

#818 Post by Aziz » 09 Aug 2022 10:39

AlexxxF1 wrote: 09 Aug 2022 09:50 it would be great to dilute it with something, perhaps Belarus, West Ukraine DLC, and this will allow us to release HoR DLC at the same time.
Yeah, what a great idea, releasing these right next to each other, and then disabling comments under posts, turning off discussions and facing [Overwhelmingly negative] reviews on steam pages. Look, controversy is fine in marketing, but not when it costs people's lives.
AlexxxF1 wrote: 09 Aug 2022 09:50 Or if this is a problem, then SCS can release a new Going East DLC. Slovakia, Poland, Hungary are just awful and so unrealistic. [...]

Completely remove the Going East DLC (2013). do not spend 10 years reworking. in one year release new standard Going East DLC, like Iberia or RttBS.
Not sure if you're aware but that's exactly what happened to Austria, and most likely will happen to every other place. Unlike Germany, they pretty much wiped the country and remade it from scratch.
Shiva

#819 Post by Shiva » 09 Aug 2022 11:43

Sweden, is not just mountains, far from it.
Norway? that is a lot of mountains, on the other hand.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
oldmanclippy

#820 Post by oldmanclippy » 09 Aug 2022 14:29

That's the great thing about a Northern Scandinavia DLC, there's variety to be found. Winding around fjords in western Norway, climbing over mountains in eastern Norway and western Sweden, forests and low-lying areas in central and eastern Sweden, and tundra/taiga in the far north. And if Iceland was included in such a DLC? That'd be amazing. Like I've said, Scandinavia is probably still my favorite DLC in either game. Not the one that holds up the best today, but in terms of what it brought to the game at release, Scandinavia takes the cake for sure. I think a Northern Scandinavia DLC could bring a similar breath of fresh air to the game. Tons of opportunities for challenging roads, small dot cities for remote depots, new companies and cargo, and of course scenery. ProMods did a very good job with that region, but SCS can do a lot better given how far they've come mapping-wise.

Central Sweden has a very similar vibe to Northern Minnesota so it'll feel nice and familiar to me too. I don't personally have any Scandinavian heritage that I know of but Minnesota is famous for having lots of Norwegian and Swedish heritage.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “General discussion about the game”