Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

dahaka

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

#791 Post by dahaka » 09 Jun 2022 08:23

@Some newbie driver No they don't take the straight line in that case. Both Ukraine and Belarus would need a separate customs process for them to be driven through, which is just not worth it. Hunland for example drives lives animals from Hungary to the Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, etc. and they always drove through Belarus and Russia, because it was easier. Belarus Russia and Kazakhstan form a customs union, so you make a customs process once at the Belarusian border, and then you are good to go to your destination in Kazakhstan. For driving north, nobody crosses Ukraine and Belarus, Unless one of those countries are destination. But for the Baltic and Scandinavia countries they just transit through the EU.
AlexxxF1

#792 Post by AlexxxF1 » 09 Jun 2022 13:04

@dahaka you are deluded a little. most drive in a straight line, not a detour.
this is the same with Switzerland :!: .

Switzerland is not part of the European Union ( like Belarus or Ukraine). But almost no one takes the detour. Almost everyone passes through it in transit.

I worked for a Lithuanian company, on a truck with Lithuanian EU license plates. for example, when there was a Strasbourg (FR) - Padua (IT) cargo, the company, my manager, always forced me to go directly, and not to detour Switzerland. although it takes about two hours at the entrance ( Basel ) and about two hours at the exit ( Chiasso ) to cross the border - waiting in line, creation of documents for transit.
for example loading from the Netherlands, or I remember Koln (DE) - Brescia (IT) , rode through Switzerland.
Transport company, my manager, always made me take a detour and change my direct route only just to go to Luxembourg, to refuel there. in Luxembourg was the lowest cost of fuel in comparison with neighboring countries.
This is something I've run into all the time. And never drove a truck around Switzerland when the path went straight through it (although it takes a long time to cross the borders, more than to cross all of Switzerland after) or one could cross all of Austria).

And also carried goods from Lithuania to Bulgaria only in a straight line and back. I have never made a detour of Belarus and Ukraine.
oldmanclippy

#793 Post by oldmanclippy » 09 Jun 2022 14:00

AlexxxF1 wrote: 09 Jun 2022 13:04 And also carried goods from Lithuania to Bulgaria only in a straight line and back. I have never made a detour of Belarus and Ukraine.
Is it easier for you to truck through Belarus from Lithuania to Bulgaria than it would be for an EU citizen? Or would it take the same amount of time at the borders?
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Some newbie driver

#794 Post by Some newbie driver » 09 Jun 2022 16:19

Thanks for the info @AlexxxF1 and @dahaka

Hoping the day the mechanics of the game would make worth to consider some of those things when doing a route. ;)
AlexxxF1

#795 Post by AlexxxF1 » 09 Jun 2022 18:58

@oldmanclippy Well, the time of passing the border is absolutely independent of citizenship. All are in absolutely equal conditions. The transported cargo has a huge impact on the border crossing time. One cargo is cleared at customs in moments, another cargo and its check at the border can take half a day. As I said, oversized cargo, perishable goods (such as flowers) or dangerous goods go out of turn and always pass the border instantly. Consolidated cargoes on the contrary require more time for clearance, as they require a lot of papers and documents.

@Some newbie driver I fully agree with you. It would be great if various little things from real life were brought into the game. it would diversify the gameplay.
for example a more realistic economy. for example the opportunity to buy own house, equip it (furniture, household appliances) - even in the form of pictures and 2D will be very nice ).
Pfc. Leyden

#796 Post by Pfc. Leyden » 09 Jun 2022 20:08

Some newbie driver wrote: 09 Jun 2022 16:19
Hoping the day the mechanics of the game would make worth to consider some of those things when doing a route. ;)
I've always thought, why not include a function, to set the sleep time at rest stops yourself, instead of 6 or 8 hours automatically. You could take a "small" 4 hour break and risk a fine for spending too much time behind the wheel. I mean, I often use the console to jump to early morning hours bcs I like driving before sunrise, but that would add an "official option".

And now, how do we get back on topic?
Ch_R0me

#797 Post by Ch_R0me » 09 Jun 2022 20:16

Voted for Iceland.

Yet, I believe that the Iceland, Ireland and nothern parts of Finland, Sweden and Norway should be released under one "Nothern Reaches" DLC, even if it would cost more than Iberia for example.
Personal Truck Wishlist:

ETS2: Ford F-Max or SISU Polar or M-B Actros 5 (2019);
ATS: KW W990 or Intl' HX 520/620 or WS 4900.
Some newbie driver

#798 Post by Some newbie driver » 09 Jun 2022 23:29

AlexxxF1 wrote: 09 Jun 2022 18:58@Some newbie driver I fully agree with you. It would be great if various little things from real life were brought into the game. it would diversify the gameplay.
for example a more realistic economy. for example the opportunity to buy own house, equip it (furniture, household appliances) - even in the form of pictures and 2D will be very nice ).
I would not go so far as that you mention. My comment was more on the line that the mechanics of the game would make worthy to stop and think about the kind of options you explained truckers IRL have to make.

Would the economy of the game be more diverse and realistic; then the choice to take one route or another would have real impact. As you said, the costs of the tolls or the fuel VS the opportunity money lost due excessive time lost on customs. To make those decisions right would be an extra gameplay incentive if they would have real impact. With millions on the bank, it's useless. Even playing with economy reduction factors, those choices doesn't feel important enough.

Regards
dahaka

#799 Post by dahaka » 10 Jun 2022 22:40

@AlexxxF1 I don't think I'm deluded, Not many EU trucks drive through Ukraine and Belarus. The roads are not that great, and the border takes a long time to cross. Nothing like switzerland, in Switzerland all you need is a T2 document, which is made in roughly 20 minutes by any customs office, if you drive into switzerland through Weil am Rhein in the north, you can just roll up to one of the booths, give your papers, get a stamp on them, pay the road tolls (if you got no auto toll device) and be on the way. Literally takes 10 minutes. And you don't even need to get out of your truck. Now crossing into Italy in the south at Ponte Chiasso takes a bit longer, but its never taken me more than an hour. I do the trip regularly. Also, there is a train between Freiburg and Novara, which crosses switzerland without the need for you to do any customs. Takes about 9-11 hours, so you can get your daily break and sleep on the train. It's extremely popular with trucking companies (not so much with drivers).
Now both Ukraine, and Belarus take forever to get into. Getting into Ukraine from Hungary can easily take 20+ hours, if you are carrying normal cargo with a curtainsider. The roads are not great, and the I'm not sure about Belarus, but Ukraine was never exactly safe. If you ever stopped on the side of the road or in a layby you could kiss your spare tire and your diesel goodbye, maybe even your organs. Western companies don't really drive there unless absolutely necessary, I'm pretty sure some eastern ones do. I sure know that no Greek company sets foot in those countries without good reason, not sure about the other southerners though.
AlexxxF1

#800 Post by AlexxxF1 » 12 Jun 2022 16:54

@dahaka Yes, in some ways, you’re right. yes, customs documents are done quickly. the only problem is that you are not alone. when you arrive, you get in line. before the border, you need to move off the road and submit documents for the cargo, which would be done by T2. here every time I did customs documents . https://www.google.com/maps/place/Evola ... 491?hl=eng
Then you drive up to the border, and again you get into the queue.
That is why I wrote that the full passage of the border for transit to enter Switzerland took me min at least 2 hours each time. (and this despite the fact that this side of the border is very automated).
At the exit-entrance of Chiasso-Como, you have to fill out the papers yourself and walk through the windows, where again you are not alone and you have to wait in line.
Here I did customs documents if I came from Italy side.https://www.google.com/maps/place/Trans ... 323?hl=eng
left the truck in the border parking lot, went to the customs building, and then returned for passport control and cargo control and paperwork for the cargo.https://www.google.com/maps/place/Zoll+ ... 77?hl=eng

Roads in Belarus Ukraine are the same as in neighboring Poland, Hungary, Romania. (except that the 500-800 km trip is shorter through BLR UKR, which saves a whole day of driving, and other advantages,which I wrote above). but I a little agree with you, in Ukraine there are some sections of roads meets in a very very terrible state.
If you about the danger of parking for the night, losing diesel fuel, I think you confused Ukraine with Romania. Romania has a really big problem with fuel theft. The same problem in France, even on toll roads and parking lots. many people talking to people in parking lots during the weekend said that they had encountered this. In Belarus, Ukraine, fuel is very cheap, so there is no point in stealing it.
The trucking company I worked for had about 1,000 trucks. There have never been cases of fuel theft in Belarus or Ukraine, but in Romania and France there are a lot.

if you compare the passage of the border Hungary - Ukraine and 20h, each border has its own capacity.
if the capacity of the border HU - UA ( Beregshurani -Luzhanka) is 90 trucks per day,

::: the capacity of the border crossing Lithuania - Belarus (LT-BY) :::
Medininkai - Kamenny Log 500 trucks per day
Tverachius - Vidzy 96 trucks
Lavorishkes - Kotlovka 250 trucks
Salchininkai - Benyakoni 250 trucks
Raygardas - Privalka 230 trucks

::: the capacity of the border crossing Latvia - Belarus (LA-BY) :::
Selene - Urbany 200 trucks
Paternieki - Grigorovshchina 200 trucks

::: the capacity of border crossing Poland - Belarus (PL-BY) :::
Bobrovniki - Berestovitsa 500 trucks (I remember I passed that border in 2.5 hours)
Kukuryki - Kozlovichi 1200 trucks

there is no difference in the transit of Belarus or Switzerland, the only difference is where there is a greater cargo flow, which creates long queues at the borders. and the passage through Belarus is very popular, as the queues at the border were always huge (given Belarus border is open around the clock 24\7, when the Swiss border is only open to trucks from 05:00 to 22:00 only 6 days in week).
Yes, Switzerland is smaller and easier to get detour. But even considering the size of Switzerland, they prefer not detour it, but to drive through it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”