Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

oldmanclippy

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

#831 Post by oldmanclippy » 10 Aug 2022 14:22

The poll was never very useful, it's just a fun way to see what the community thinks should come next. It's surely too late to influence any SCS decisions before 2025 at the earliest. And even then, they really shouldn't take a 134 vote sample size of people on the forums to make that decision. If they were really interested in polling the community, they would be more active in it, taking polls from many different sources not just looking at a fan-made poll on the forums, to get an accurate picture of what fans want.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
gaillard

#832 Post by gaillard » 10 Aug 2022 18:27

A 136 votes poll after 17 months surely shows nobody's really interested... I did vote, and I'm not.
Some newbie driver

#833 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Aug 2022 19:26

Virtual Trucker 51 wrote: 10 Aug 2022 14:02I wondered if this poll was useless, since Pavel confirmed that they have been working on expanding the map until 2024 for a long time and this poll won't change that
We had been explained since many many years ago that SCS works on a 3-year-in-the-future schedule. So, everybody here knew (or could knew) the poll was useless since the moment it was created.

Useless, of course, for those that pretend they can command what SCS has to do by just voting on a poll. Something that was, to say it softly, absolutely naive.

For everybody else who view the poll as a way to talk about their preferences and see the opinion of other players, the topic has been a success.

Regards
Trucker Nik

#834 Post by Trucker Nik » 10 Aug 2022 19:32

It's interesting to see that scs knows what the community wants even without a survey, if I remember correctly in the last poll the Balkans DLC won and scs is working on it, I bet all my money that the DLC for 2024 is the one with the highest number of votes in this poll (I also cast my vote there)
Some newbie driver

#835 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Aug 2022 21:00

Virtual Trucker 51 wrote: 10 Aug 2022 19:32It's interesting to see that scs knows what the community wants even without a survey, if I remember correctly in the last poll the Balkans DLC won and scs is working on it,
Balkans DLC has been the highest voted expansion since before the release of RttBS (a DLC that lot of people really thought it was going to cover whole Balkans... the cries turned to be a river).

So no, SCS doesn't know what "the community" wants. Starting by the very fact that no poll is going to be the voice of any undetermined community, especially with such small amount of votes. SCS know what they want to do, what they can do with their resources and what's the order of doing things they consider more appropriate. Reached the actual point, the chances for the next DLC to be on Balkans were so high that it takes no credit to guess it right.

Regards
dahaka

#836 Post by dahaka » 10 Aug 2022 22:21

They completely disregard the polls. Very few people had asked for Russia, and they went for it before the Balkans. They also went for the Baltics before Iberia, which was literally the most requested area of all time. So yeah. Honestly they will likely go for Northern Scandinavia next, not because of votes, but because it makes most sense. Greece is unlikely even if paired with Turkey, because it's in the exact same region. Ukraine Belarus and Moldova are extremely unlikely because of the war and social/political tensions, Ireland will probably not come without UK rebuild, it's also small enough to be done in a couple months, and Northern Africa is unlikely, as if I recall Pavel said they will map mainland Europe first, before expanding to other continents.
Some newbie driver

#837 Post by Some newbie driver » 11 Aug 2022 12:58

And I can't do but thanks a lot them they do Baltics way before Iberia, no matter how much people would requested the opposite.

Go imagine how it would had become Iberia without the rock and mountain generation tools they developed way later than Baltics, without the expertise to cram a lot more content in the same space (that we start to see it shine on Corsica and Sardinia updates), without still knowing how was going to be the new lighting so they could create 3D assets leveraging that change in full effect, without the extra staff they hired and allowed them to put almost double the content that's usual on a single DLC...

Baltics was perfect for SCS planning at that time, no matter what were our personal desires. We had to endure for some extra years the complains of lots of Spaniards with withdrawal syndrome but it worth the extra wait.

Regards
AlexxxF1

#838 Post by AlexxxF1 » 11 Aug 2022 18:46

dahaka wrote: 10 Aug 2022 22:21 They completely disregard the polls. Very few people had asked for Russia, and they went for it before the Balkans. They also went for the Baltics before Iberia, which was literally the most requested area of all time.
Well, that's just a subjective opinion. as well as mine, which I will now express.
In fact, there is a survey only among english speakers or those who know english. only those who know english express their opinion here.
Many more people do not know it and do not use it, as, for example, in Turkey or Russia or other countries.

The fact that the West Balkans asked a lot, not Russia....Well, Top Steam Wishlist convinces me of the opposite.
Much more willing to receive HoR than WB.
Similarly with the Baltics and Iberia. I'm sure the SCS has accurate statistics on how much BtBS DLC and Iberia DLC was sold.
I'm sure that Baltics DLС sold much much more than Iberia DLC.

The fact is that Russia is not only the largest country in Europe. The point is that there are more Russians in Europe than others live.
Up to the Urals, in the European part of Russia, about 120 million Russians live.
In second place in Europe 83 million Germans, third 67 million UK (or 83 million Turks, if you count everyone, with the Asian part).

Who could be interested in Baltics DLC or about Russia DLC - 120 million Russians in the European part + 30 million remaining Russians in the Asian part of Russia + Russian-speaking people and having a common history in the USSR and the Russian Empire - Belarus 10 million + Ukraine 41 million + Kazakhstan 19 million + Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia 15 million + Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia 6 million + Uzbekistan, Tajikistan,Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan 56 million.
Total about 297 million.

:arrow: It seems to me that all the SCS took this into account, choosing Russia, and not the West Balkans, choosing the Baltics, and not Iberia first.
choosing even the first RttBS with capital Istanbul and not Iberia.

yes, if the SCS showed the sales statistics of Baltics DLС and Iberia DLС, it would be clear to me whether I am right or I am very much mistaken.
although in any case Iberia DLС was bought not only by the Spaniards, the Portuguese, but also by me with great pleasure. yes i can be wrong.
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 11 Aug 2022 19:18, edited 5 times in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#839 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 11 Aug 2022 19:07

"Top Steam Wishlist convinces me of the opposite."

wich says exactly nothing, HoR store page is online fore 17 month already, Western Balkans only for 2 to 3, HoR already received many, many promotional blog posts and social media post, Western Balkans not

so saying more people want HoR then WB is nonsense, there wasnt enough time to reach all players who have an interesst for it

searching for west balkans has even more results on google then for heart of russia
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
AlexxxF1

#840 Post by AlexxxF1 » 11 Aug 2022 19:33

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 11 Aug 2022 19:07 "Top Steam Wishlist convinces me of the opposite."

wich says exactly nothing, HoR store page is online fore 17 month already, Western Balkans only for 2 to 3, HoR already received many, many promotional blog posts and social media post, Western Balkans not

so saying more people want HoR then WB is nonsense, there wasnt enough time to reach all players who have an interesst for it

searching for west balkans has even more results on google then for heart of russia
Well. exactly two months after the announcement, HoR was in 27th place in Top Steam Wishlist.
exactly two months after the announcement, the Western Balkans were in 131th place in Top Steam Wishlist.

About searching results on google...well. English speaking people type in english on google - Heart of Russia. Russian speaking type in russian on google - Сердце России.

Return to “General discussion about the game”