Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 298

Carfreak200

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#351 Post by Carfreak200 » 14 Jun 2022 02:31

I just hauled a tanker trailer from Tacoma to a truck stop in Medford Oregon. I had always heard this was possible but never actually did it in over 250 hours. I hope if SCS does release a oil/gas DLC with or after Texas this becomes more common across the entire map.
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
flight50

#352 Post by flight50 » 14 Jun 2022 08:21

Yeah Texas will have to revise the entire map imo. The base map was pretty much the only gas stations I recall delivering to. We'll need more gas stations, truck stops and airports to all get fuel deliveries if oil/gas is going to mean much more. Texas should start a semi cargo overhaul.

I think a cargo team could have a field day with ATS/ETS2. Heck this forum has provided a solid 5+ years worth of cargo. That is almost enough cargo to barely see repeats withing a playing day I bet. Use Cargo market with ability to load own trailers per pallet and LTL and the combinations to repeat cargoes would nearly go away.

For devs that read this forum, please pitch the idea to Pavel in a team meeting. You never know where things can go.
Optional Features

#353 Post by Optional Features » 14 Jun 2022 09:38

Hopefully, we start getting new industries added back to old states. Colorado, Utah, Oregon, and Idaho should get ranches. Deliverable gas stations if they come should be in every state and so on.
Viper28

#354 Post by Viper28 » 17 Jun 2022 17:55

Carfreak200 wrote: 14 Jun 2022 02:31 I just hauled a tanker trailer from Tacoma to a truck stop in Medford Oregon. I had always heard this was possible but never actually did it in over 250 hours. I hope if SCS does release a oil/gas DLC with or after Texas this becomes more common across the entire map.
this shouldn't be that hard to implement. Course if they had some detail to it there could be underground tank access graphics at most stations and a delivery point icon above this area where you pull the trailer over/up to. Course I offend many on these boards with my detail-oriented-ness.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
plykkegaard

#355 Post by plykkegaard » 17 Jun 2022 18:33

I've had the same run a couple of times in the past not sure if it was ATS, ETS2, both games though or even Promods though, sorry
But it was fun, I had to use the whole width of the road to reverse in, to the AIs delight lol

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Tristman

#356 Post by Tristman » 17 Jun 2022 18:37

I only remember doing one in California a few years ago, to some gas station that looked more like a European prefab and was way too small to properly park in.
If we actually get to deliver to the big truck stops though, that would definitely make it interesting. They would have to implement some kinda mechanic where you can only do the job with an owned trailer or you have to deliver the trailer back to an oil depot afterwards or something. Just leaving the tanker at the drop-off point is kind of strange.
xXCARL1992Xx

#357 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Jun 2022 18:43

ETS2 has gas station deliveries, in France at least but they are really rare
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
kostraelpayaso

#358 Post by kostraelpayaso » 17 Jun 2022 19:06

Something that bothers me more than the lack of cargo is the lack of interaction during the process of loading/unloading it. I find the way that it works now pretty aseptic so I normally don't really care about what I am delivering: you simply park in the designated area and the loading screen comes off; then you are ready to continue driving. Obviously, nobody would like to simply wait as an animation shows a forklift loading the truck without any interaction, but I feel like sea port/train station cranes, industrial or agricultural silos or harvesters have the potential to make that process more dynamic and interesting than the current alternative, as well as adding a new small gameplay mechanic. For example, a real time working silo where you have to drive under it at slow speed with an open trailer as it loads with grain or mineral, which may require a phsyics overhaul, the port crane placing the container in your trailer, as other ai trucks are loaded in front of you or driving alongside a harvester while it puts grain in the back of your truck.
flight50

#359 Post by flight50 » 17 Jun 2022 20:00

Tristman wrote: 17 Jun 2022 18:37 They would have to implement some kinda mechanic where you can only do the job with an owned trailer or you have to deliver the trailer back to an oil depot afterwards or something. Just leaving the tanker at the drop-off point is kind of strange.
Totally agree. Currently (iirc), you can only use TPD and b-trains if they are owned. Neither are in Freight market for whatever reason. If they can lock trailers out.....they can lock them in too for certain jobs. Maybe that is why those those type of jobs are so rare. As more states come, the oil/gas industry has gotten bigger. Its time for tankers. I'm not even a tanker guy but I understand the importance of them to the game. Petroleum, to inert gases....we need them. Hydrogen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, helium, etc. They are some inert gases that could find industry in ATS. If there are 2-3 depots to get inert gas to them, bring them. ATS can use as many cargo loads as SCS is willing to put in. The problem is........they are not moving on the subject. This dedicated cargo team seriously needs to happen. The game is growing and depending on one's purpose to play, the same cargoes is disappointing to see day in and day out.

Most hardcore ATS fans put in 20x or more hrs than an SCS employee. It would be nice to see the day cargo starts getting address on a continuous basis.
Optional Features

#360 Post by Optional Features » 17 Jun 2022 21:19

Viper28 wrote: 17 Jun 2022 17:55 this shouldn't be that hard to implement. Course if they had some detail to it there could be underground tank access graphics at most stations and a delivery point icon above this area where you pull the trailer over/up to. Course I offend many on these boards with my detail-oriented-ness.
Your desire to do more than just drive is honestly horrifying. jk.

In all seriousness, though, these are small things that make a big difference. The game needs them badly.
kostraelpayaso wrote: 17 Jun 2022 19:06 Something that bothers me more than the lack of cargo is the lack of interaction during the process of loading/unloading it. I find the way that it works now pretty aseptic so I normally don't really care about what I am delivering: you simply park in the designated area and the loading screen comes off; then you are ready to continue driving. Obviously, nobody would like to simply wait as an animation shows a forklift loading the truck without any interaction, but I feel like sea port/train station cranes, industrial or agricultural silos or harvesters have the potential to make that process more dynamic and interesting than the current alternative, as well as adding a new small gameplay mechanic. For example, a real time working silo where you have to drive under it at slow speed with an open trailer as it loads with grain or mineral, which may require a phsyics overhaul, the port crane placing the container in your trailer, as other ai trucks are loaded in front of you or driving alongside a harvester while it puts grain in the back of your truck.
There should be a significant difference in gameplay between loading or unloading a car hauler, a hopper trailer, a tanker, and a lowboy. Currently, there is none.

My favorite is the sea containers: they just disappear when the player delivers one to a customer. A 40 foot by 8 foot by 8 foot steel box vanishes into thin air at the press of a button. And we call this a simulator lol.

Return to “General discussion about the game”