Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

Optional Features

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#311 Post by Optional Features » 16 May 2022 02:29

flight50 wrote: 15 May 2022 23:24 Not showing means SCS didn't listen or take the advice. So you can't go by what you see. I know for a fact a couple of NA truckers that are beta testers. I know they provide input all the time. But if SCS doesn't take the suggestion, the game won't show it.
Yeah, they should start. The game needs it, and their profits will benefit from it. It's clear the current dev team doesn't understand trucking, industrial facility design, highway infrastructure, and a number of other things. They are doing the best they can with what they know, but they obviously need to learn more.
HagenXXV

#312 Post by HagenXXV » 16 May 2022 17:32

we know it is not a question of money, it is the shortage of human talent, it is understandable and that is why I agree when they say they do what they can with what they have, but I wonder something, why the person or people who were modeling the dropdeck traier loads did not add these objects, considering that they are very common in the landscape and gaming industry? why did not they dare to add them?

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Tails

#313 Post by Tails » 16 May 2022 17:44

its a disappointing that some of the Volvo construction equipment cargo pack are not compatible with drop deck trailers.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
Travismods

#314 Post by Travismods » 17 May 2022 08:48

HagenXXV wrote: 16 May 2022 17:32 we know it is not a question of money, it is the shortage of human talent, it is understandable and that is why I agree when they say they do what they can with what they have, but I wonder something, why the person or people who were modeling the dropdeck traier loads did not add these objects, considering that they are very common in the landscape and gaming industry? why did not they dare to add them?
Why they did not add them? Laziness and pouring everything into map creation, lack of inspiration and lack of innovation and lack of an overall drive to bring more functionality to players and make the world richer. Look at the blog posts, they have a community telling them everything is fine and dandy. These issues aren’t really taken seriously because its frowned upon especially on the blogs to openly demand more of SCS. So they can stay lazy. People accept it. Don’t let people ever tell you developers cant fall into that comfortable trap. Its the reason for a lot of things at SCS. Not a reason people want to hear, but nevertheless a reason. These things cannot be explained away by engine limitations or money arguments or Pavel said x on a stream, its just that SCS don’t really care to go the extra mile for diversity to gameplay in ATS, even for things completely possible within the map editor and Prism engine. Thats more or less laziness, no matter if people call that ”bashing SCS” or not. Too often we see SCS half bakenthings. They start making something and then just drop it and leave it when its half baked. And they bring too little, too slowly and don’t bother adding diversity where there is nothing stopping them. That is being lazy, whether people want to call it lazy or not. They don’t ooze the passion to make something truly remarkable in the simulator world. They prefer being at status quo, their community is de facto telling them to stay there on the blogs, bar a few complainers on the forums.

The community has demanded far too little from SCS, for far too long. So here we are, asking ourselves why the game lacks the basic diversity we expected it to have by now. You, the community, enabled SCS to leave it like that.
Last edited by supersobes on 17 May 2022 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed images from quote [Forum rule 2.3]
Optional Features

#315 Post by Optional Features » 17 May 2022 16:35

@HagenXXV What's most incredible about that pic is the decorative nature of several businesses in the area that could have served as more equipment companies, something that is way too rare in this game.

Irl, there are equipment and truck dealers everywhere: in game, there are almost none.
HagenXXV

#316 Post by HagenXXV » 18 May 2022 23:04

I thought the same, I think the current trend for customer service is through social networks, I think the forum is only useful in beta stages for big bug reports (and I don't even want to talk about the chrome rims that disappeared and the fenders of the cattle trailers) I will try to show the suggestions through Twitter or Facebook; but it's a pity because in my opinion, the forum users are the most loyal customers of the game.
Optional Features

#317 Post by Optional Features » 18 May 2022 23:46

HagenXXV wrote: 18 May 2022 23:04 I thought the same, I think the current trend for customer service is through social networks, I think the forum is only useful in beta stages for big bug reports (and I don't even want to talk about the chrome rims that disappeared and the fenders of the cattle trailers) I will try to show the suggestions through Twitter or Facebook; but it's a pity because in my opinion, the forum users are the most loyal customers of the game.
We desperately need more dialogue between dev and customer. People want cargo, and doesn't seem like anyone at SCS is paying attention.
howey

#318 Post by howey » 20 May 2022 00:59

After reading the last couple of pages on input and feedback I too think they did a poor effort on load options for the dropdeck trailer like some have mentioned. The biggest question I ask is why they didn't take the same approach they did with ETS 2 with the lowloader trailers and add 2 tractors ,4 forklifts etc. Plenty of room and there light enough to be legal on the axle and gross weight still.

Also like some have mentioned as well is why they didn't add some of the suitable VCE DLC equipment for the dropdeck trailer just easy missed opportunities that do make it annoying for people who want to use new content options but are disappointed on the variety of loads they provide.

I really hope they add alot of variety to the LK trailers when they come to ATS. I really want to use them trailers when they come to ATS but will be pissed and disappointed if they go half arsed with the load variety for them.
flight50

#319 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2022 01:43

Wait.....that HMS trailer above........how long has that been in the game? Its not a usable trailer skin is it? At this point, every depot outside of airports and seaports should probably have a trailer skin.
Optional Features

#320 Post by Optional Features » 20 May 2022 01:48

howey wrote: 20 May 2022 00:59 After reading the last couple of pages on input and feedback I too think they did a poor effort on load options for the dropdeck trailer like some have mentioned. The biggest question I ask is why they didn't take the same approach they did with ETS 2 with the lowloader trailers and add 2 tractors ,4 forklifts etc. Plenty of room and there light enough to be legal on the axle and gross weight still.

Also like some have mentioned as well is why they didn't add some of the suitable VCE DLC equipment for the dropdeck trailer just easy missed opportunities that do make it annoying for people who want to use new content options but are disappointed on the variety of loads they provide.

I really hope they add alot of variety to the LK trailers when they come to ATS. I really want to use them trailers when they come to ATS but will be pissed and disappointed if they go half arsed with the load variety for them.
So far, seems like the Lode King is just using standard cargo options.

Return to “General discussion about the game”