Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#231 Post by Madkine » 24 Sep 2021 07:02

The fact they did license for farming simulator is likely to work in SCS favour, as they now have a process in place.
When Giant approached them it was probably the first time a game had tried to license them.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Ludo Diabolo

#232 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 24 Sep 2021 07:22

@Madkine

In fact John Deere took a long time to license their agricultural simulator because for almost 5 years they have had their own agricultural video game ;) .

Then John Deere and the biggest license left to Farming to get, and it was not easy for them ;) .

But even if now John Deere decided to make a step in video games, it's more interesting to sign like it did in 2019 with Farming, a game based on agriculture ! ! !

Than to license it to SCS who won't represent them at all.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
howey

#233 Post by howey » 24 Sep 2021 12:47

I agree with Ludo here from what I have seen from people that tend to deal with them unless your dealing them with a sale they seem really secretive on there brand itself, like John Deere aren't even happy for people to take photos or videos while on tours on their facilities idk why just how it is so unless SCS gives them a proposal that's to good to refuse it's highly unlikely we would get them in the game. The alternative would be if a rival brand of theirs got their content into the game and then maybe they might be more willingly to allow their content into the game.
Some newbie driver

#234 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Sep 2021 13:35

Beware with John Deere, it doesn't matter that they could have "the mind opened" to those kind of licensing with video games. Their lawyers are still a pack of hyenas ready to jump over anything with a grim in their face that is anything but friendly.

Go check what they try to do about repairing your IRL JD machinery in the USA, trying to leverage Copyright patents laws in a very weird way. I think the Supreme court finally blocked those pretensions but it was by any means a very nasty move from them. If they keep that kind of corporate mentality, I would rather not to touch them even with a stick.

Regards

EDIT: I said copyright but that was a thing about patents. In EU with have copyright in software, in the US you have patents.
Last edited by Some newbie driver on 24 Sep 2021 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
flight50

#235 Post by flight50 » 24 Sep 2021 13:36

Hmmm. I never knew John Deere was such a hassle. That's not worth the trouble imho. I'd definitely go after someone else. As long as its a brand that represents the Agricultural industry, it doesn't matter much who the brand is. If getting JD makes SCS jump thru hoops, I won't bother. I don't follow FS so I had no idea the issues Giants had.
HagenXXV

#236 Post by HagenXXV » 24 Sep 2021 14:53

I didn't know that John Deere was so complicated either, I will go for CASE which is part of Navistar, I would settle for:

1 Tractor
1 Combine Harvester
1 Wheel Rakes
1 Loader
1 Skid Steers & Track Loaders

https://www.caseih.com/northamerica/en- ... cts.aspx#0

and new Hay loads for flatbed trailers.

The truth is that I never thought that SCS was going to release a DLC of construction machines, I really liked it and I hope that with Texas or Montana comes a DLC of agricultural cargo.

Edit:
CNH Industrial has alliances with Navistar in some countries to sell its machines in International Trucks dealerships, but it is not part of the Navistar group as such, Iveco is more involved in this aspect.
I let myself be guided by what I saw at a dealership near my house, they have International trucks and CASE machinery (and also IVECO trucks) displayed side by side:

[ external image ]
Last edited by HagenXXV on 24 Sep 2021 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
flight50

#237 Post by flight50 » 24 Sep 2021 16:02

I'm cool with Case. I'll take your word for it that they are part of Navistar. I haven't done the homework. We do know that Navistar likes SCS and is on good terms. Case would be perfect for ATS if JD is that difficult. They have enough categories to sustain a nice Ag industry. I'd shoot for a little more than 5 pieces for Agriculture though. Agriculture brand could be per game though. I'd add a lot more accessories/attachments with Agriculture. It would be nice to have a step deck trailer to take advantage of lots of cargo from this industry.

To your list, I'd add a baler for equipment. For the attachments, I'd go combine header, silage handler, 2-3 different types of tillers, planter/seeder, application boom arm and a mower attachment.

So 6 pieces of equipment and 5-8 attachments. Equipment for lowboys/double step decks and attachments all for standard flatbeds, step decks and sliding tarps.
Bedavd

#238 Post by Bedavd » 24 Sep 2021 16:33

Actually Case was created from assets acquired from International Harvester, who then went to join Navistar afterward. Case later merged with New Holland and are both owned by an Italian parent company, CNH Industrial, which makes Case, New Holland, Steyr, and..........Iveco! So there is a little bit of report there hopefully.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Trucker_Tommy

#239 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 25 Sep 2021 11:19

I’m enjoying the new Volvo construction dlc and thanks to SCS and Volvo for coming to an agreement. Hope for the same on the truck side too. I’m also of the opinion both ETS and more so ATS need new industry and cargo. Most of the time all I see is used packaging which is very tiresome. Hopefully with Volvo construction here maybe other official brands will become interested. Would love to see brands like John Deere, New Holland or Caterpillar but we shall see. I’m of the opinion new industry and cargo is desperately needed like others have stated.
Trenero

#240 Post by Trenero » 25 Sep 2021 12:42

I'm not a Deere fan, prefer other brands first and probably cause less trouble.

I like more the option of CNH Industrial, that can bring Case, New Holland and Steyr loads at the same time(More diferent colours for the loads, blue, red, white).

But there are also other big corporation that made agricultural equipment, AGCO Corporation, that made the famous brands Massey Ferguson, Fendt, Valtra... (red, green, white/black?)

CNH has contruction equipment too, under brands Case and NH but in my opinion will be better if they focus in agricultural equipment only.
So CNH or AGCO will be fine both have brands with red tractors and as everybody knows "Red is faster" :D

And apart of the finished products it would be nice if they include other loads like half amsembled tractors, like only Cabs, or engines... to haul to the equipment factories (prefabs) already in game.

Return to “General discussion about the game”