Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

flight50

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#241 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2021 13:59

@Trucker_Tommy Used packaging and empty pallets. OMG. Those get my skin boiling the most. Its seems like for WoT jobs, those are 30-40% of the cargo. The bad part is that those are def files. ATS should have a lot more def files. I also know that those are tagged to industries available. This just means that ATS needs more industries. For empty pallets, where is the flatbed load. We've all seen them laying around on prefabs. Toss them on a truck or make better ones for cargo. It would help if we had a depot that made wooden pallets. Not necessary but it makes more sense to have vans for empty pallets. Or if SCS made a recycling industry. That way we can run used packaging to somewhere useful. ICC's need to increase hands down in ATS. Not only are they lacking in ATS, but what we do have, doesn't always make sense on where we pick up and deliver to. So an overhaul there is needed.

The more I keep hearing about JD, the more it makes sense to avoid them. I was clueless on what they were like. Its just that they are the face of Agriculture here in the US so its easy to say them. If there is a chance that someone else can seize the moment in ATS to get seen, I hope they take it and hopefully be less hassle. If Farming Simulator features John Deere, just maybe other manufacturers can see this as a way to get onto the virtual scene to be noticed. ATS isn't farming but at least hauling product from these other manufactures can get a spotlight still. Nothing to operate in ATS, just being cargo displays the logo/brand.
flight50

#242 Post by flight50 » 03 Oct 2021 15:06

I have a rant today. One that seriously justifies the need for more cargo. More of a need for a dedicated team for more focus. More new companies as well. I just visited a prefab to discover it finally and its depressing to continue to see these two specific cargoes. Used packaging and empty pallets. For the most part, this is all Wallberts/retail on the outgoing side for WoT loads. WoT is very limited on cargo. Nothing but used packaging and empty pallets as this shows no diversity at all. Its been 5.5 years and not enough adds for def file cargo in ATS. Def files should be the easiest cargo to make in ATS yet, its very limited. Even some of the 3d that can be done is simple as not much of an issue with copyrights. But this is 3 pages of nothing but the same stuff over and over and over. Some people don't care what they haul. Others do. So not only does ATS need this increased cargo, but because of an increase...if it ever comes, ATS will need cargo finally overhauled to adjust to where cargo go and get picked up. For those that notice, cargo pick up and drop off are not always realistic.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

For those that seek diversity in cargo and companies, ATS need more variety and this is why. There are several things that can happen here.
1) introduce recycling as an industry. There is metal, glass and paper. Hopefully someday we can get alumimium and plastic. Instead of going from store to store all the time, take things to a recycling plant.
2) in retail, companies transfer from store to store the same product that a customer buys. So if a Walmart can ship product into Wallbert, Wallberts should be able to ship from store to store the same products. So a ton more product can get added to the outbound side than used packaging and empty pallets

add 3d pallets as cargo
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
OSHA pallets
[ external image ]

3) a few more options to outbound companies. Rail Depots and ports. Walmart exports globally.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
source https://www.google.com/search?q=does+wa ... e&ie=UTF-8

4) cardboard bales should be a major export from such a retailer. When I worked at Home Depot, we made bales every 2-3 days. A truck picks this stuff up and hauls to a recycler. Charged, USBB, Home Store, Heartland Furniture, Eddy's, Tidbit and Farmers Barn should all get bales. If we ever get multi drop, bales can actually get picked up at several stops along the way to a recycler.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

5) forklifts (propane and electric), pallet jacks, reach trucks, order pickers, charging stations and batteries. These can go from store to store. It would be nice to see Sporklift imported from ETS2. Its a company that can supply ATS with all warehouse equipment.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by flight50 on 03 Oct 2021 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Tristman

#243 Post by Tristman » 03 Oct 2021 16:07

I agree that the amount of empty pallets and used packaging is sometimes frustrating. It definitely feels like filler content.

Adding the recycling industry would be a great idea! It's very relevant these days, there's tons of materials that can go there, and it adds something new to the game.
We already have Avalanche Steel scrapyards for recycling steel, but that seems to be the full extent right now.
pigbrother

#244 Post by pigbrother » 03 Oct 2021 16:28

Yeah, empty pallets and used packaging, the bane of my existence. Creating more visible cargo takes time, but those kind of invisible cargo for boxed vans are a no brainer: frozen beef, frozen pork, frozen chicken, frozen fruits, frozen vegetables, anything like this. Yeah, they are more of the same, but they will create a feeling of variety and will tone down the frequency of empty pallets and used packaging. One def file and one icon, that’s all, please, SCS, do something about it. :))
I have approximate knowledge of many things
IamTheOne

#245 Post by IamTheOne » 03 Oct 2021 19:38

flight50 wrote: 26 Aug 2021 16:49 ^You may want to read the entire thread on what we are actually saying. No one said create a large cargo team. We only need 2-3 people total that concentrates on nothing but cargo. Cargo is both def files and 3d models. So all trailer types are involved.

I'm not sure why you assume cargo would be reskinned? Cargo is 3d models with variety in configurations, size, shape and quantity. They are also 2d def files that can be infinite if the industry is available. Also the cargo team would not just be for paid dlc. Its all cargo created for both games both core content and paid. If you want examples, look at all the links in my signature. There's 100+ cargoes that could come to ATS and without this stuff, ATS will continue to feel snubbed on cargo.
I think it would be best if you didn't take an online forum post so seriously and personally.

In the long term, it still doesn't add to the game, other than fluff and cosmetics. Should SCS dedicate a team, for the sake of gathering a little bit of cosmetic DLC money? Perhaps, but at this rate, why not just go with the paint job model that adopted by ETS?
flight50

#246 Post by flight50 » 03 Oct 2021 20:27

@IamTheOne What on Earth are you even talking about. You're make no sense at all. DLC money? Fluff and comestics, paint job models...what? That is why I said read the entire thread. I think its best you understand the purpose of this thread. This is not the ATS flatbed thread that people are speaking on for dlc's.

In trying to explain to you, you take it as me taking it personal. Your assumption, your fault. You come in here and I tried providing details on what this thread is about. If you think I take it personal, that's on you. You took offense by someone trying to explain the thread to you. Sounds like you don't like explanations.

If you don't agree with a dedicated team, fine. Your choice. No worries. But if you can't help us support the thread topic, you're not helping the issue ATS has. If you don't care about cargo for getting new industries and new companies to bring new cargoes to both new and old industries this thread isn't your cup of tea.
HagenXXV

#247 Post by HagenXXV » 03 Oct 2021 22:36

The empty pallets are a great looking load on flat platforms, it's a pity they are not implemented, at least you can see them in the environment: (image from the past)

[ external image ]

I found some other static loads in Wyoming and there is one that I loved, I don't know what it is, but they look like stacked boxes and look great on the flatbed trailer:

[ external image ]

in addition to a couple of unusual loads of wood :lol:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

With Texas coming up with the glass industry, that can be the gateway to the recycling industry, which by the way moves too much money, I am also tired of used packaging, tractor plows and empty pallets.
flight50

#248 Post by flight50 » 03 Oct 2021 23:11

Way too many pieces of cargo for agriculture missing. There is a solid 2 dozen from the agricultural link in my signature that could apply. If SCS could ink a manufacturer from agriculture like they did with Volvo Equipment for construction, even better. Other wise, make fictional as normal and keep from looking like a brand's color scheme. Equipment itself is not copyright, but naming and color scheme can be.

I agree with Texas bring recycling. But I won't hold my breathe. We don't need landfills but recycling definitely works. Maybe oneday SCS wants entertains going greenbeyound wind turnines and do both recyling and even solar. ETS2 brought solar with Iberia. Import that and bring the cargo and prefabs for it. Solar feilds are here in the US as well.
killingjoke28336

#249 Post by killingjoke28336 » 04 Oct 2021 14:23

I voted no as the map development is still far too slow. More map teams are needed before a cargo team.
flight50

#250 Post by flight50 » 04 Oct 2021 16:22

@killingjoke28336 Two things to understand.
1) the vehicle team and the map team are two totally different teams. Cargo comes from the vehicle team, not the map team. We are asking to branch out the cargo team which means hire specific people for cargo.....which leads to number 2.
2) SCS will hire who they can. They might need more mappers but they may not be able to get them. They'll hire any talent they could get.

Trucks take even longer than maps do. So technically we need more for the vehicle team. Those guys are swamped. We have 3.25-3.5 map teams with 4 map leads. The rebuild team is technically a team but very very small. Could be anywhere from 3-5 people on it. I can assure you the vehicle team needs a lot more help than the current ATS map team. The problem is Texas. Its eating up resources. Once Texas releases more mapping can be done.

Mapping will not speed up. Its just a long process and to maintain quality, the speed is what it is. The more people they add just means more projects. This may seem like its faster mapping but its not. The same amount of time happens as mapping is dependent on what content SCS makes for a dlc. It just more people doing more dlc's. ATS doesn't make the same type of money as EST2 currently. I don't see SCS adding too many map teams for ATS if ATS isn't a massive profit right now. 3 full size map teams is what I always say is the bare minimum. But with the rebuild team, seems like SCS is going for 4 full size map team.......in due time. 5 is ideal but can ATS/SCS afford that? ETS2 would get an official second team before ATS gets 5 map team imho. Until ATS can be more profitable, SCS has to watch their income as well.

A dedicated cargo team can actually be a bread and butter team just like the map team. Currently the vehicle team does too much free stuff imo. Between tuning packs, accessories, licensed trailer packs, licensed industry cargo packs, non licensed cargo packs like HH and ST, industry cargo packs like agriculture, construction or mining there is a lot more money SCS can make besides depending on the map teams. Even the thought of paid classic trucks keeps circulating around. That too can be another avenue to make money. I agree, Pavel agrees and many others agree that mapping is slow. But the quality speaks for itself. Rush the process and the maps aren't what they are now. I'd rather quality vs quantity. There is a saying, you have quality, speed and quantity. You can pick 2 of the 3 but you'll never get all 3 and expect the same standards.

Return to “General discussion about the game”