Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

killingjoke28336

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#251 Post by killingjoke28336 » 05 Oct 2021 08:45

I really hope Texas is a big success so the further development is safe.
flight50

#252 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2021 13:13

^I totally agree. If for some reason ATS had to stop production, that would be pretty sad. I'd go back to the hobby I was doing before I found ATS. The map pieces will seem to come together faster once the Texas team dissembles. But part of that success will come for Texas depends on ICC's. One of the C's=cargo and that is how this thread popped off. I see ETS2 new maps come with all sorts of new companies with every dlc. Granted Texas starts a new region in the US for ATS, I see the opportunity for several new companies and new industries. The other 2 parts of ICC's. To me, new companies/industries brings new cargo. There should always be new cargo and new companies coming with every dlc for ATS. Industries, not necessarily. But definitely several pieces of cargo.

Cargo just seems to be limited due to manpower. The vehicle is in control of a ton of stuff with cargo being one of them. Also, the vehicle team works both games so that is even more limitations. Cargo is too easily overlooked most times. Especially the def file cargo. However, they are the easiest to make. The variety with non 3d cargoes is numerous. Imho, a cargo team is basically another asset team but instead of for maps, they are for trailers. If they can have an asset team, a smaller version of them can be for trailers. 2-4 focused on cargo is all we need. There is no need for a huge team like the map team. Cargo should come in phases and come with each big update. That is what 2-3 times a year. Surely some type of cargo can get added to the games periodically and not just with map dlc's.
dkasper00

#253 Post by dkasper00 » 05 Oct 2021 18:36

I think Texas will be a huge success. The importance of Texas to ATS is known and from the stuff shown it shows.

I expect new cargoes to come with Texas, a cargo team would definitely help in that regard.
I'm passionate about Mack Trucks, grew up around them as a kid.
flight50

#254 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2021 21:19

I'm sure SCS agrees with you @dk00?. I hate to put numbers on Texas but it should come with quite a bit of new cargo imo. ATS needs a cargo wake up call. If Texas is pretty much 2-3 states, its should have 2-3 times the amount of content we've gotten with other dlc's. Call it greedy if you'd like but new feeling for ATS in desperately need. With Texas starting a new region, I see it just like starting a new ETS2 region is which several new things come.

If SCS wants to get their money's worth with Texas, I'm hoping a new focus on ICC's in the plan with Texas. Of course ICC's alone is not the end story. I'm just hoping for a new look. The same stuff with this size of a map is getting to repetitive unfortunately. Not everyone agrees and that's fine. Not everyone cares about ICC's. Somethings that some people care about, I might not care about. So there are several aspects about the game that satisfies a person more than others.

But the more successful each dlc or upgrade is, the more help SCS can hire. The more they can hire, the more content can come.
flight50

#255 Post by flight50 » 13 Jan 2022 19:42

Today's Montana blog got my wheels turning. I can only imagine the potential cargo possibilities. I bet I could come up with 2 dozen or more cargoes from today's Montana's Industry blog. If Pavel assembled this this cargo team, we don't have to settle for 1-2 new cargoes for each industry per new dlc. We can get the whole 9 yards as much as possible and not even distrub the vehicle team actually works trucks, trailers, AI vehicles, etc.

Example: Waste transfer. The blog mentioned plastic, glass and paper. We could get 2-3 cargoes from each of those totaling 6-9 cargoes. That would be great. How about Landscaping. Why get just 2-3 when we can have 6-8 from here viewtopic.php?p=1091907#p1091907. Throw in dumpers for loads of sand, gravel, dirt, peat, compost and even stones. I'm waiting the day when we can see a blog that SCS agrees that making a dedicated cargo team is the way to go. 2-3 people is all we need. Start with that. If more are necessary, increase the size later based off demand.
axl135

#256 Post by axl135 » 13 Jan 2022 20:13

Today’s Montana blog is leaving a smile on my face, and I hope Texas and a gradually rebuilt California will bring more, yet-to-be-revealed, ICC’s.

Yes, I know I am being greedy, but I believe ATS really needs to catch up to ETS2 in the economics department.
flight50

#257 Post by flight50 » 13 Jan 2022 21:02

Greedy, lol. Heck no. If you are, I'm on your team too, we both greedy then. ATS needs to depict everything it possibly can that will fit in ATS. Its about diversity. I'd say a vast majority of industries can fit into ATS. This one covered several that I mentioned in the past. This is too sweet. Most that are in place can just be vastly expanded as far as cargo.

A few industries parts that could be a thing:
automotive - car plants, tire plants, rubber, parts stores
energy - solar panel fields and associated equipment, nuclear plants
agricultural equipment - farm equipment manufacturer, farming equipment resaler, farming parts manufacturers
aggregates /quarries - limestone, sand
food - cold storage, refrigerated containers
precast - concrete products
piping - plastic, metal and cast iron manufacturers
Textiles - Apparel, bedding, flooring

not sure if they every come:
military
healthcare/pharmaceuticals

Make these industries deeper:
building materials
agriculture
construction
chemical
flight50

#258 Post by flight50 » 15 Jan 2022 16:47

Per the Montana industry blog:

Electric - The coiled products would be great for flatbeds and step decks. The smaller ones could even come on vans and sliding tarp trailers. if we can get a specialized pole trailer, we can get these long utility poles, concrete beams, steel I-beams, wind turbine blades

[ external image ]

references
viewtopic.php?p=1399825#p1399825
viewtopic.php?p=1256873#p1256873

Crate cargo. This would add a nice touch to fladbed and step decks. These can be parts shipped in. Ports, Airports, rail yards, manufacturers, etc. Parts can come and go almost anywhere. These crates are 3d but the content in them are def files. ATS could easily see a solid dozen different sizes and shapes of all kinds...bulky, small, long, short, tall, oversized...There could be 1-3 crates per trailer or there could be dozens. Limitless here.

[ external image ]

references
viewtopic.php?p=1034061#p1034061

Landscaping - new aggregates types (stones, boulders, pebbles, gravels. different soils (clay, loamy, sandy, silty, peaty), compost, mulch, different sands (topping/mason, play sand, general purpose, blasting, silica, river sand), peat

[ external image ]

references
viewtopic.php?p=1091907#p1091907

Grain Elevator - looks like gas tankers or water tankers. great load for a flatbed, step deck or lowboy

[ external image ]

references
viewtopic.php?p=1090773#p1090773
howey

#259 Post by howey » 24 Jan 2022 23:57

After reading the latest Texas and Montana blogs the chances of seeing new cargo does look promising but unfortunately won't believe it until I see it transporting in it game.

Hopefully we will be able to transport cotton bales in both round and square form and also hopefully the palletized cargo that were shown in a few pics in the latest blog. Hopefully we will see more livestock and grain types in both Texas in Montana especially with Lode King trailers making the game at some point so it would be good to Ultilise them more.

With Montana hopefully we will see pallets of seed bags like with the fertilizer ones we already have in game. Sugar beet for the sugar plant and also trailer parts like axles and tyres for the truck trailer service centers Montana.
flight50

#260 Post by flight50 » 25 Jan 2022 02:13

Agreed. Both Montana and Texas should produce a solid batch of new cargoes. We definitely can't get our hopes up too high day one though. But between the 2 states, I think a dozen cargoes minimum need to come. Is that too much? I don't think so. Montana is bringing 8 new industries by itself. INDUSTRIES...not companies. If you are bringing 8 new industries, I'd expect at least 1 new cargo for each (should be more of course, but lets go with one). Now you have 4 more cargoes left to make 12. I'd like to think Texas brings another 8 new industries or even just new companies. So lets be conservative and say Texas brings half of what Montana did. That is 4 new industries so 4 new cargoes. So that is 12 companies, 12 cargoes right there.

To much variety between both states to skip on cargoes. On the high side, 2 cargoes per new industry. Now we are looking at 24 cargoes. 24 is less likely but its not far fetched either. 2 new cargoes still isn't enough for 12 new industries. That is exactly why the title of this thread is justified. With a dedicated cargo team in place, hired specifically for cargo, that doesn't take away from the vehicle team. Hire specifically for the vehicle team if you want vehicles. Hire for a cargo team if you want cargo....period. End of story. The vehicle team covering both....is not working. The cargo is not growing very well with the game. We can get well deserved cargo with a dedicated cargo team. With a cargo team knocking out cargo for 12 new industries, now make that 3-4 new cargoes per industry with that extra manpower. Now we are sitting at 36-48 cargoes. Sounds too high still? I still think no. Considering how much ATS lacks in regards to cargo, it needs to happen. Add in tankers, flatbeds, reefers, dry vans, hoppers, chippers, lowboys....that is a lot of trailer variety that has good industry in the game but the cargo lacks. Between def files and 3d files, I seriously don't see why ATS can't have 36-48 more cargo options than what we currently have. The cargo is becoming just as repetitive as some overused companies. Used packaging and pallets? Give us facilities that benefit from these. We get to much from currentl industries. ICCs.....I can't stress it enough. Add variety. ATS deserves it just like ETS2. Variety is there for ETS2 and its time to do the same for ATS. The larger the map gets, ICCs needs to spread with diversity to grow along with the maps.
Last edited by flight50 on 26 Jan 2022 04:10, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”