Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 298

HagenXXV

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#382 Post by HagenXXV » 15 Sep 2022 14:34

All those loads look great on that trailer, hopefully someday the creator of that mod will share it, those kind of mods are very rare and honestly it looks amazing, I came across several static loads in Sidney, I can't believe we still don't have the option to transport Bobcat or smaller tractors, additionally, they removed a forklift to the Lodeking Dropdeck. I have faith that in Texas we will be able to haul more construction equipment (both new and current) but to be honest, I can't understand why the team preferred to model the tree load from scratch and not add the bobcat.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

This is increidble :? =

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

How did all that agricultural machinery get to that warehouse? Why is that warehouse not being used as a labor market?

[ external image ]

looked great and symmetrical with the 3 :(

[ external image ]
Optional Features

#383 Post by Optional Features » 15 Sep 2022 16:20

@HagenXXV We still don't have an ag dealer in the game despite having tractors and triggers. What is the delay? It's not like we'll be loading equipment manually (I wish).
Higgybaby

#384 Post by Higgybaby » 30 Sep 2022 07:04

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this,
but afterall this is for talking about possible cargos ingame (although it mostly focused on flatbed), so i thought better here than making a new topic just for nothing:

Anyway, I was a bit bored a few days ago and started thinking about what could the upcoming glass factory bring for loads getting in or out, this is what I came up with:

Inconimg:
Quartz Sand (main raw material for glass production)
Soda
Lime (stone?)
Boron
More is possible, but afaIk these are the most common
(Guess that would be mostly dumper or silo truck loads from mines or chemical factories)

Outgoing:
Glass panels (for glass facades to construction sites [Plaster and sons]; to the house factory [Olthon homes IIRC] to make prefabricated windows with frames or glass doors; furniture factory [Heartwood furniture] to make glass furniture like glass
tables, showcases,...)
Windshields/vehicle windows (to car factory for car windows, to heavy vehicle manufacturer/service [Goliath/HMS], to truck Manufacturer [e.g. Kenworth]; repair shops [Voltition, various truck dealers?, american lines?,...]
Tableware/Glassware (To stores and warehouses for retail [Sellgoods,Wallbert, Tidbit,...]
Container Glass/Bottles (Botling factory[USBB]; Food Factory[Global Mills])
And very far fetched, but I like the idea:
laboratory Glassware (to Chemical factories[Gallon,Chemso])

What do you think, did I miss an important part?
And sorry if it isn't the right place for this post, but I couldn't find a more fitting one and did not wanted to make a new one just for this.

Greetings Higgybaby
flight50

#385 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2022 12:32

Furniture and appliances are the only things missing for the glass industry that I can think of. Its a similar list for things I was thinking of here viewtopic.php?p=1743407#p1743407
CarCat

#386 Post by CarCat » 03 Oct 2022 19:01

Higgybaby wrote: 30 Sep 2022 07:04 I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this,
but afterall this is for talking about possible cargos ingame (although it mostly focused on flatbed), so i thought better here than making a new topic just for nothing:

Anyway, I was a bit bored a few days ago and started thinking about what could the upcoming glass factory bring for loads getting in or out, this is what I came up with:

Inconimg:
Quartz Sand (main raw material for glass production)
Soda
Lime (stone?)
Boron
More is possible, but afaIk these are the most common
(Guess that would be mostly dumper or silo truck loads from mines or chemical factories)

Outgoing:
Glass panels (for glass facades to construction sites [Plaster and sons]; to the house factory [Olthon homes IIRC] to make prefabricated windows with frames or glass doors; furniture factory [Heartwood furniture] to make glass furniture like glass
tables, showcases,...)
Windshields/vehicle windows (to car factory for car windows, to heavy vehicle manufacturer/service [Goliath/HMS], to truck Manufacturer [e.g. Kenworth]; repair shops [Voltition, various truck dealers?, american lines?,...]
Tableware/Glassware (To stores and warehouses for retail [Sellgoods,Wallbert, Tidbit,...]
Container Glass/Bottles (Botling factory[USBB]; Food Factory[Global Mills])
And very far fetched, but I like the idea:
laboratory Glassware (to Chemical factories[Gallon,Chemso])

What do you think, did I miss an important part?
And sorry if it isn't the right place for this post, but I couldn't find a more fitting one and did not wanted to make a new one just for this.

Greetings Higgybaby
Wishful thinking, but I would hope if we're getting a glass factory maybe we could get a dedicated glass trailer... One can dream.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there...

I live in Rhode Island and love anything related to trucks.

Specs: Ryzen 3 2200G, 1660 Super, 16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
flight50

#387 Post by flight50 » 03 Oct 2022 19:36

CarCat wrote: 03 Oct 2022 19:01 Wishful thinking, but I would hope if we're getting a glass factory maybe we could get a dedicated glass trailer... One can dream.
This is my exact thinking is to get this trailer setup for the glass plant. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
supersobes
Global moderator

#388 Post by supersobes » 03 Oct 2022 20:07

That second one looks like it's a double drop deck with a glass rack on it. That would be pretty versatile trailer that would be really nice to have in ATS. SCS already made one of these as it was used for the Idaho potato event, and it can share a lot of the same cargoes as drop decks and flatbed, so it should be fairly easy to add to game, I think.

[ external image ]
Optional Features

#389 Post by Optional Features » 03 Oct 2022 20:31

Yeah, those racks are probably not part of the trailer: just an addon that can be removed. That would be the best setup. One trailer for multiple jobs with addons. Deck extensions would be another nice option.
flight50

#390 Post by flight50 » 03 Oct 2022 21:05

@supersobes correct. That is what I mentioned last year when we found out Texas was bringing glass plants. No point in wasting that Idaho trailer when all they have to do is model an A frame rack. I'd love to get a tarped and non tarped model going.

Current ATS doesn't have tarped loads and no crated loads really. If we can't get 3d models uncovered, tarped and crates is an easy easy add to open deck trailers. More variety makes less repetitive cargoes more enjoyable.

A dedicated cargo team should have a field day with missing cargo in ATS. Now and the future. There's enough cargo to build for the next 10+ years when you factor in variations. There could be hundreds of configurations possible with just open deck cargo alone.

Return to “General discussion about the game”