Stuttering with own trailer [FIXED]

GoingDutch

Re: Stuttering with own trailer

#291 Post by GoingDutch » 08 May 2022 17:01

Thx @martinglight, my findings equal yours :)

I am trying to find out how I can lower the amount of generated cargo jobs.

With Freight Market jobs (i.e., jobs without an own trailer), it is easy. Change the variable no_cargo_probs (default 0.1) to something like 0.9 in file economy_data.sii, to tell the game all available cargo slots should only have a change of 10% to have a valid job. In other words, all slots are 90% not 'filled' with jobs. This works, a LOT less jobs all over the map.

However, I didn't manage yet to get the same results for Cargo Market jobs (i.e. jobs with an own trailer). I didn't find yet the magic variable, to make this happen. Maybe there isn't such variable howeve altogether, because these cargo jobs are generated in a complete different way (maybe perhaps hard coded, I don't know...).

Someone has a clue, where to look for? Or tell me "indeed, can't be done with variables..."
GoingDutch

#292 Post by GoingDutch » 16 May 2022 08:23

I might have found a work around that's acceptable for me.

Having a level 90 profile, no mods, all map DLC's, all skills (rating 10). I used a save edit tool to remove all my skills on that profile, giving me a rating of 0.0. Reasoning behind this is to limit the different cargo jobs in the cargo market. Now, if I want a cargo job with my own trailer, I use Trucky to create a job that I want.

I've been driving now many many hours on several long distance jobs (> 4000 km) without any stutter. I will keep testing this, as I need very solid evidence and confidence this work around really works (tried so many work arounds already). If it does, after a while I will increase my skills gradually. See on what point it breaks again with my stuttering.
martinglight

#293 Post by martinglight » 17 May 2022 13:27

As for me, I have been using the following settings to make my experience bearable:

-mm_max_resource_size 22
-mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000
-mm_pool_size 12288

This way the stutters become less severe than the default settings.
Always underway.

System:
Windows 11 Pro
ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-H D5
Intel Core i9 13900KF
32GB 6000MHz DDR5
Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD
Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 O24G
GoingDutch

#294 Post by GoingDutch » 17 May 2022 15:36

Thx, will try that right now, with all skills restored to max level.

Meanwhile, drove about 5000 km today, with skills lowered: zero stutter...

My current parameters are:

-mm_max_resource_size 32
-mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000
-mm_pool_size 16000 (i.e. half of RAM)

System specs: 32Gb RAM, RTX 3060, 2 x 1Tb SSD, Intel I7 11700K
GoingDutch

#295 Post by GoingDutch » 17 May 2022 22:18

Hmmm, applied the mentioned parameters. A pity, after about 2000 km, stutter-fest kicked in again. I've switched back to my low-skills-level workaround...
xXCARL1992Xx

#296 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 20 May 2022 18:46

there might be a way to reset the cargo market, but it is risky because it means to edit the save file

what i noticed is that inside the savefile there are seeds for the cargo generation, 10 per company from what i see and what i noticed is that almost all of them where the same seeds, wich most likely means they all expire at the same time ?

[ external image ]

i noticed that i had many pages with the same time, like other people already found out, just for example cargo_offer_seeds[0]: 43884 is almost 1100x inside the file, same goes for the others except 8 and 9, those are unique

so what i did is delete those entries completely with notepad++ and changed cargo_offer_seeds: 10 to 0 and started the game, after that i had at most a handful of jobs with the same time and the seeds inside the file where all more or less unique and didnt repeat almost 1100 times
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
GoingDutch

#297 Post by GoingDutch » 20 May 2022 20:41

That's very interesting! I think you find inside the save file that what we (others) also found: re-genereating at the same time of a whole lot of jobs (causing the stutter at that moment).

Do you need to change the save file just once, and solved? Or is the cargo job market flooded again after 30/40 hours or so? Does the problem return after some time?
xXCARL1992Xx

#298 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 20 May 2022 20:49

i didnt do long term testing with it, i just had the idea to look inside the save files and found those seeds for the cargos and wanted to see if deleting these entries would generate new jobs and it did, with far less ones that had the same expiration time
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Max
SCS Software

Re: Stuttering with own trailer [FIXED]

#299 Post by Max » 24 May 2022 20:03

i believe i found and fixed the issue.
regular job regeneration was working corectly. but it was hit by unwanted sync when time fast forward happened - eg sleep. there was global random generator re-seed based on current time, which is variable in regular time flow, but same for all jobs expired during the sleep (except the first one) and those job generated same expiration time in future. players who did not slept, nor fast forwarded time by console or similar means did not met the issue. also it needed some amount of unlcoked companies to reach bigger chunks of synced jobs (thus the hard reproduction and "exclusivity" to ETS).
i tested few sleeps and it looked like it rather break "expiration groups" to smaller ones with fix. so it should be ok. the fix will be in some of future updates.

until that you can just force reset of economy. complete regeneration it will spread job expirations correctly and it will work until you sleep few times.

thanks for help everyone.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
plykkegaard

Re: Stuttering with own trailer [FIXED]

#300 Post by plykkegaard » 24 May 2022 20:24

Ahh that explains why my game was not affected as I have sleep disabled
Nice catch ;)

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “Bugs 1.40”