[REL - FIXED] - GTM Trucks Fix

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
michaelyo

Re: [REL - FIXED] - GTM Trucks Fix

#71 Post by michaelyo » 03 May 2022 23:29

Yeah I watched your video and still had trouble maybe need to work on my blender skills.
KingNothing

#72 Post by KingNothing » 13 May 2022 21:08

I remember this being fixed with the OP's patch but now the mirrors are super bright again. They're above the original steam mod in the mod manager. Still running 1.43
Digital X

#73 Post by Digital X » 16 May 2022 09:32

Not having that problem, I loaded them in one at a time and all mirror variants on all 4 trucks look as they should do. Do you have a mod that has not been update to 1.40 active in your mod list? May be conflicting.
JamesKirk

#74 Post by JamesKirk » 24 May 2022 17:19

This was a modest migration job I did with this mod when ATS switched to the new lighting system after version 1.40. As I said at the time, I don't have much experience in handling mods when it comes to using professional editors like Blender. Unfortunately I can't dedicate myself more due to lack of time due to my real life, but whenever I can I take a look to see what I can improve in relation to this mod and the T800 and T610 mods that are excellent and unfortunately should not be left out. Out of game.
I still remember that I wasn't able to leave it the way I would like, because I wanted to remove the excessive and annoying reflections from the side windows after the 1.40 update.
As I'm inexperienced, my method of work still consists of trial and error until I hit the right path. And by going through this methodology I think I managed to remove the annoying reflexes. I hope this is posting the T800 and T610 models over the course of the week.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

This is just a patch until the original author wants to resume development on the mod. Because, as I said before, it is an excellent mod, on the same standard as the original DLC in quality, which cannot be out of the game. I hope I'm contributing something.

PS - If anyone wants to take the lead, feel free, because I'm always repeating here I'm not very skilled with mods and I don't have much free time, but whenever I can I'll always be looking to deliver something. Thank you and sorry for the delay in updating this beautiful mod.

========>>>>>>> Updated links on the first page <<<<<<<<<=============
Translated by Google Translate - sorry if any words become meaningless
Oh, no
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello, hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello, hello

Beatles - Hello, Goodbye
Midiangel

#75 Post by Midiangel » 25 May 2022 08:16

I have my own fixes for these tracks that I use. I can share. I would like to get some information from the creators of these mods, but as far as I understand, they do not contact anyone about this.

---------
@JamesKirk, do you use reshade? I like how the game looks on your screenshots.

#76 Post by michaelyo » 25 May 2022 11:03

Do you Mind Sharing?
Madkine
Global moderator

#77 Post by Madkine » 25 May 2022 11:22

@michaelyo Only if the original creators agree
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Rider88

#78 Post by Rider88 » 25 May 2022 11:27

Hi James,

Thanks for creating fixes for GTM trucks, works well for me! The only issue I have is that in Quick Jobs these trucks very often have their own default engines which came with the mode (like 500 HP ISX for example),however, these engines don't have sounds (as the original mod is very outdated now). Is there a way to fix this? I looked into the steam workshop folder of the mod but there is no sound files at all so I am not sure where these default engines pull their sounds from.

Thank you!
JamesKirk

#79 Post by JamesKirk » 25 May 2022 13:29

@Midiangel ===========================>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No, I just use the normal game without additional graphics applications. As I don't have a Nasa PC with a Top graphics card, I play on Ultra settings at 150% scale at 1080p. However to take pictures I increase the scale to 400% at 1080p

===================================
I'm still refining the mod to adjust the .mat values to what is currently required.
The download link is on the first page and it's the complete mod, it's not a fix anymore. It seems that the author discontinued the updates, but I think these mods are very good as if they were DLC for Trucks from the Original Game and could not be left out. So I'm just updating what I'm capable of. If the developers decide to come back, and I'm rooting for that, it's obvious that my work is done.
PS - It's still not the way I would like, but it's much better than the first version I made.
PS2 - The Kriechbaum sound adaptation must be used in conjunction with the Kriechbaum sound mod

MOD - KRIECHBAUM SOUND (V4.0 - CURRENT)
MOD - PETERBILT 567 _ SOUND ADAPTER
MOD - PETERBILT 567 _ TRUCK

In this order in the mod manager
Translated by Google Translate - sorry if any words become meaningless
Oh, no
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello, hello
Hello, hello

Beatles - Hello, Goodbye
michaelyo

#80 Post by michaelyo » 26 May 2022 06:06

@Midiangel GTM is dead so I don’t know how we are supposed to ask the creators. I don’t think they have anything to due with the game. Haven’t updated anything in almost 2 years….

Return to “Trucks”