Jollicious Josh's Journeys

JolliciousJosh

Re: Jollicious Josh's Journeys

#41 Post by JolliciousJosh » 13 Dec 2021 10:26

Story Behind the Tipper (Welcome to the Spring Era)

Way back in the middle of February, the MDT Team and I were in a virtual meeting for widening the cargo coverage. We mentioned the next trailer type to carry different bulk cargoes to different agro-industrial and quarry zones. Moira (the president of the company) had this idea since her close friend has an agricultural business in Saint-Cyr-En-Val, Orleans (part of Bourges in the game) and wants them to carry agricultural and bulk goods to different destinations. My focus is also transporting these goods from different industries to agro-industrial areas and from agro-industrial zones to logistic terminals within EU.

Thus, Margaux (a researcher of the MDT Team) hinted at the next trailer to purchase, a tipper. Though, she had yet to decide which tipper type we are using, if it's either an aluminum or a steel-type.

[ external image ]

Before playing ETS2 at the start of November, 2020 (and the commencement of operations of the company), Moira had the idea that all cargoes will be based 'by season concept. For example, general cargoes called her as 'autumn cargo,' since these cargoes are carried by curtainsiders and dry freighters. (See classifications described her on "One Year of Boundless Logistic Expedition"). In the virtual meeting, she explained that when tippers become ownable in reality, the company will rejoice to the next level. Her focal point of the company is to transport bulk and agricultural goods using tippers, apart from general and chilled cargoes. Margaux described tippers as 'spring express' since it has to deal with the spring season where plants grow, flowers bloom and new crops are cultivated. Generally speaking, “all cargoes are for all seasons'' (said Athena, an MDT team member, in logic). In the middle of November, Moira noted that she opted to take a high-side aluminum tipper.

After months of meeting and testing the tipper, the wait is over because tippers are now ownable when stable 1.43 arrived last Wednesday. That time also, when our purchased tippers were ready to release with completed legal requirements. Olive announced that the ceremonial rollout of the tippers took place last Thursday in our Munich depot.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Exactly a year ago (in 1.39), when we were in a farm owned by Elsa (a mere friend of Olive and Moira) in Saint-Cyr-En-Val, Orleans (F), she wanted to transport agricultural goods from that place of origin to any destination in Europe, through purchasing our own tipper, since these goods are on demand by different clients. Elsa engaged in the farming industry in November 2015 while she was taking the course of agriculture and technology.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Moira: "No matter what loads are stored in the tipper, whether a light or a heavy bulk material, the truck and ourselves are stronger and braver than we think."

In reality, this became an answered prayer when tippers landed in the depot.

"Freedom is the answer to transport any bulk materials, using this aluminum tipper. I would like to thank you all for the support and development updates for this owned trailer. This can’t be perfect without the aid and pledge of the company. Let’s get tipping.”

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
(The last two screenshots were taken on the first day of 1.43 release. That was the time when Jason turned over a newly-purchased high-side aluminum tipper from a manufacturer in Waltrop (D) to our depot in Munich. However, the color of the chassis was spring green but Chandria wanted to repaint it into sky blue, before the ceremonial rollout launch of the tipper.)
Last edited by JolliciousJosh on 13 Dec 2021 10:51, edited 2 times in total.
JolliciousJosh

#42 Post by JolliciousJosh » 10 Jan 2022 13:46

Take Me Back to the Nordics

I had a 3-week Holiday hiatus after the brave storm passed by. It was a rollercoaster holiday season that I had.
Moira noticed me to take a break after I experienced lots of unexpected emotions after the storm. The last trip that I haul was bound for Montpellier (last December 15, a day before the bad weather strikes) using the new DAF XF paired with agricultural tipper.

While I took a holiday break, Olive and the MDT Team took over to drive my trucks that I frequently used, paired with different trailers, while others are renting other's trailers. Moira decided not to do Christmas parties (as supposed to happen on December 22, whether physical or virtual) but instead, they held a Christmas Gift-Giving, in which the MDT Team and the European communities united to help the people who were affected by a brave storm (in the heart of my home place). The event made successful and simple.

To make my story short, I open 2022 with a Nordic journey together with Olive.

[ external image ]

In the middle of the trip to Kotka (Finland), I had long, long conversations with her. She asked me what are my big changes for 2022, and I replied:
"For 2021, it was a rollercoaster year, similar to 2020. Overthinking, depression and anxiety attacked me so much, specially when the winter ends, amid the pandemic. In 2022, no negativities, bring back the happiness of our lives and live vibrant. No overthinking and anxiety, even any kind of stress that can trigger. And I believe that I'm stronger and braver than others think."

[ external image ]

We decided to take a mini-break and buy some meals (for breakfast) at a gas stop in Loviisa. While taking a break, Olive gossiped me about my girl crushes in real-life (not 100% local and foreign artists, but I keep mum on it until say so. :lol: )

[ external image ]

After unloading canned pork, we load a canned tuna. And this time, to Helsingborg (Sweden).

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Back to Brussels from the port of Gedser, loaded with chilled hakes.

[ external image ]

When we got back to our headquarters, I wonder, I will take back again to the Nordics, after series of deliveries mostly in France, a bit of Benelux, Italy and Germany.
Olive: "Our wish is in command..."
JolliciousJosh

#43 Post by JolliciousJosh » 14 Jan 2022 14:04

Trip to Istanbul

As to celebrate the 3rd wedding anniversary of Jason and his wife, we travel to Ístanbul Metropolis by means of trucking. The last time I reach the city was on the onslaught of Christmas 2020 and in post-January, 2021.
This time around, Jason and his wife joined me to haul a long journey to Ístanbul (just for pure job), as they had experienced to travel Turkey for leisure way back January 2020. I took on a 2015 Scania R520 instead, when a mechanic team contacted me through the phone that the Scania S520 was not on a good condition, especially the interior itself. Nothing bad for the engine and transmission since they're at least 90%.
So, we delivered tons of assorted sugar there from a food logistic carrier in Liége, and disembark in the heart of Ístanbul to distribute it to different consumers. When we passed through different border checkpoints in Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey, at last, the policemen (of these countries) were not apprehend us, and we follow health protocols, especially inside the truck (e.g. physical distancing and the allowed passenger capacity inside the truck).

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

We took a lunch break inside the truck with a perfect landscape view of Iron Gates and the Danube River in Orsova (upon boarding off to Ístanbul).

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Welcome to Ístanbul!

[ external image ]

Finally, we disembark tons of sugar to be distributed to different Turkish consumers in different markets.

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#44 Post by JolliciousJosh » 17 Jan 2022 14:03

Crossing the Italian Islands

While I took a quarantine in Brussels with Jason and his wife just a day ago from Istanbul, my handler in the company, Belinda (the newest part of the MDT Team who was recruited by our head at the height of the yuletide season), took over this brave Finnish SISU together with Olive in the winding roads of Sardinia and Sicily, all in Italy.

Departing towards a farm in Floresta, Messina.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

The beautiful view of Mt. Etna is clearly seen from the farming depot.
(Belinda wanted to remove the beacons.)

[ external image ]

Going Pescara for hauling wheat.

[ external image ]

Back to Sardinia.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Back to a farm in Floresta loaded with excavated soil.

[ external image ]

Loading the same cargo to another agricultural depot in Caccianova, Cosenza (part of Catanzaro in the game).

[ external image ]

Belinda and Olive were on siesta mode, while the truck is ready to load some agricultural cargo, and this time, heading Paris.

[ external image ]
Last edited by JolliciousJosh on 24 Jan 2022 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
JolliciousJosh

#45 Post by JolliciousJosh » 24 Jan 2022 14:03

Daylight on the Rise

1/3 months ago before Belinda enters the world of trucking industry as my handler in Malaya Delivery Transport, the company, headed by Moira, turned over the new generation DAF XF with 4 units designed for tipping and delivering food liquids across Europe.

While Jason, his wife and I were on a 14-day quarantine in Brussels after a trip to Istanbul, 10 days ago, Olive, with its co-driver/assistant/handler Belinda, take on the new DAF XF 410 for tipping bulky materials.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

They stopped over in a hotel in Osnabruck for something special. Two hours ago, themselves, the MDT Team and I watched the music video of "Rise." It tells about new beginnings and journeys, and the multi-talented singer of this song made us very impressive, wonderful and awesome.

Me to the multi-talented singer (while I'm on quarantine): "You made us proud. What a wonderful treasure you made."

And my heart is so full.

After 15 minutes, Olive and Belinda resumed trucking towards Rotterdam. Upon entering Holland, Belinda had an offer to me, buying a virtual concert on Saturday afternoon.

Belinda: "Will you buy a regular ticket for her concert, please?"

I still have second thoughts whether I get the virtual concert or not, but Belinda and Olive recommend me to buy one. Meanwhile, some MDT employees started to ship a very popular domestic loveteam that is on the rise, and they bought and secured their tickets, while some have VIPs.

"Let us have fun and enjoy on Saturday. It will be a special day for our co-bubblies."
- Belinda

[ external image ]

Meanwhile, someone is on the rise again.
First, A new semi-trailer that will be the part of the company's trailer and cargo coverages, while its under experimental test run on the streets of Sweden.

[ external image ]

And guess who's back, Moira's Legendary Scania S520 V8 has been finally alive! She gladly blessed and thanked the overall quality service staff of the company for the efforts of restoring this truck from mechanical and technical issues. One of a mechanical team, says:

"Protect this legendary truck at all costs. Let it rise again on the major roads of Europe."

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#46 Post by JolliciousJosh » 31 Jan 2022 13:47

Working With My New Handler

Just last morning, Jason, Moira and I went back to work, days after a two-week quarantine (and we blessed that we didn't get infected by the virus). And when we arrived in our main headquarters in Liege, I saw a new next-gen Scania with this signature livery parked inside the compound, and I explain to her what's the meaning of this.

Moira: "I made a surprise with your newest handler from scratch. I think its time for you to work with her, with this new Scania. Olive will now be working with my co-drivers, too."

The new employee that she refer to is Belinda, who gets hired by Moira and a human resource employee as an expeditor/co-driver. She's also used to be my handler when I deliver and drive. Olive works as my handler before but now, it is on the hands of Paolo (driver/expeditor of the company).

Before I roll out the next-gen Scania with my handler, we got different assignments on what cargo should cover (by team).

Margaux: "Since we have our own box and tipper trailers, we will divide it into two teams with its leader, one team belongs to the general, and the latter belongs to the dumping team."

I led as a tipping team (where my handler belongs to), while Olive led the general team, which focuses more on dry and frozen cargoes.

[ external image ]

Rolling out to Bordeaux.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Me and my handler took a dinner in an agricultural vineyard in Saint-Médard-en-Jalles while loading tons of ryes back to our depot in Liege with this beautiful sunset.

[ external image ]

Shine and rise.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#47 Post by JolliciousJosh » 07 Feb 2022 08:07

Volvo's Comeback

The last time I use the FH Sleeper was December 12 with a mileage of more than 101,000. And one time, Olive asked me that I miss driving this truck. Exactly, but the truck was undergo diagnostics and maintenance and the mechanic found out that the truck has minor problems but it repaired quickly. So far, the condition of the truck is still excellent. No oil leaks found.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

On board to Luxembourg to pour out tons of stones.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

My birthday comes closer on Valentine's Eve. Surely, I'll be on a vacation mode together with the MDT Squad + Belinda for a beach group Valentine date this weekend.
JolliciousJosh

#48 Post by JolliciousJosh » 14 Feb 2022 12:30

Have a nice Valentines!
- From MDT Team and yours truly.

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#49 Post by JolliciousJosh » 21 Feb 2022 13:34

Back to Regular Tipping Job

A week after a long break for celebrating my 26th birthday and a Valentine treat with my loved one in a far, far beautiful paradise, I go back to a regular tipping job with my handler Belinda within the outskirts of France and Italy, since many clients called by my company to haul agricultural and heavy bulk materials to different destinations in these countries.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Time for dinner in La Rochelle Depot.

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#50 Post by JolliciousJosh » 28 Feb 2022 13:39

Back to Basics

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

POV Scene with my co-driver Belinda, while passing on this beautiful road to Tours.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

On break.

[ external image ]

Back on the road on an early dawn.

[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”