Jollicious Josh's Journeys

JolliciousJosh

Re: Jollicious Josh's Journeys

#31 Post by JolliciousJosh » 01 Nov 2021 15:18

Thanks for the compliment, Dareus. Very well appreciated.

Meanwhile, on to the next documentary:

My First Truck

While Malaya Delivery Transport wasn't established yet exactly a year ago, I acquired the first truck of the company with the aid of Jason and Moira, which is the Volvo FH Sleeper Cab bought in a dealership in Luxembourg. The reason why I choose the sleeper cab cuz the cabin of the truck itself feels nostalgic in the way of modern technology and I'm fond on low roof cabs when I choose Volvo. Other trucks such as Scania S, Mercedes-Benz Actros MP4, DAF, XF 105 and 116, Renault T High, etc., I prefer high roof cabins for extra space (but both trucks weren't acquired yet when the company established on November 4, 2020, and these trucks were bought on the following consecutive weeks/months).
Exactly a year ago when I adopted into stable version (1.38) from the demo version (which was 1.36), I took that truck to France and Italy (which was my first phase of expanding EU) for carrying cargo. At that time, I acquired a single axle curtainsider for the job.

As I took back in time, I do revisit Bourges, my first city captured in Vive La France. As I winding through the secondary roads to the city, my first impression on the roads are highly breathtaking, as it is you're escaping from the heart of the city from stress.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Three days ago (in 2020) when Moira and I planned to have a logistics office in Orleans (which is considered part of Bourges in the game) after passing these peaceful secondary roads for a couple of times. She said, "You know, Josh, there will be light and joy if our circulation of our business and income is performing at the perfect state. We're on a starting point on the first place of our business."

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Two months later (that time when Malaya Delivery Transport was operational), Jason and Olive, with the recommendation of Moira, opted to upgrade into a Globetrotter XL Cabin for the meantime until I got the FH Tuning Pack (just last several days ago). My first truck was counter-owned by Moira.

[ external image ]

After 10 months of waiting, finally, I took back my first truck with reversion to Low Roof Sleeper cabin, plus additional reimagined accessories, thanks to Jason, Moira, Olive and the MDT Team.
Not just that, MDT acquired a new Krone Dryliner.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by JolliciousJosh on 07 Nov 2021 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
JolliciousJosh

#34 Post by JolliciousJosh » 04 Nov 2021 11:52

One Year of Boundless Logistic Expedition

History: Malaya Delivery Transport, S.R.L. established on November 4, 2020, with Moira as the head, and co-heads Jason, Olive and I, with its main headquaters in Liege, Belgium. Its secondary office is at the heart of Brussels. While other offices and garages are located in Poissy, Paris, Orleans, La Rochelle (both in France, while Orleans and La Rochelle have their respective mega depots) and Dusseldorf, Germany, with 114 employees, both staffs for logistics, trucking and warehousing. The company has fleets for the following trucks:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Cargo Specialties: Currently, MDT accepts intra-national travel for unlimited chain of supplies around-the-clock, consist of general and dry goods, frozen and chilled goods, ranging from at least 1,000 kgs, with the 5-season concept, namely autumn, winter, the halfway point, spring and summer.
Autumn - designed for general and dry goods.
Winter - designed for frozen x chilled goods
Halfway Point - Mixture of dry and chilled goods and bulk materials (other cargoes coming soon)
Spring - Selected bulk materials (consist of construction and agriculture)
Summer - Other construction and heavy cargoes (in the future)
The company also engage trailer rental for other companies across EU.

In commemoration of this special day, MDT bought a new Krone Dryliner and a new DAF XG+, which is now added to the fleet group. Moira tells about this:
"Our new truck is tougher. Our new trailer is stronger and braver. Today, let us begin and start the change and forget about the past."
[ external image ]

Last June 10, DAF gave us a limited experimental run on the new XG+ following its release after IRL virtual launch, before it rolls out today. Production on the truck IRL began last September with its rollout last month.
Last edited by JolliciousJosh on 13 Dec 2021 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
JolliciousJosh

#35 Post by JolliciousJosh » 08 Nov 2021 06:56

Seasons Explained and Looking Forward

Before the establishment of the company in ETS2, that was on October 25, 2019, Olive explained to me about the four seasons when I was having fun with her, and what cargoes contain each season. So, we decided to discuss at a café of a huge mall adjacent to the sea. Originally, Moira and the team introduced the season concept.
"In Europe, there are many chains of logistics circulating anywhere, within and beyond the continent, carrying basic and essential commodities, both dry and cold. While other transport companies, whether big or small, usually carried along with heavy loads, containers, and the like, aside from the basic goods." And this became the scope for the company, so I imagined that all cargoes beyond the basics will be divided into four seasons. The first two cargoes, dry and chilled goods, be classified as fall and winter cargoes, since chilled goods are exposed to very low temperatures while general and dry goods are stored through insulation to control the temperature, while transporting to a point of destination.

Fast forward to February, Margaux (a research employee of MDT) submitted the next potential cargo for our company to Jason. As it is, there are many cargoes in the game carried by a flatbed/container, lowbeds/lowloaders, log loaders and cisterns. What's not (currently) in the game are tippers, transporters and silos. She said:
"The next season is spring. What trailers are we expecting?"

Contrary to virtual forum with the MDT Team, it is still currently in uncertainty what semi-trailers be used to cater the needs of the business and increase the level of income in behalf of the MDT. Athena (one of Olive's colleagues and a fellow employee of MDT) voted the next trailer: Tipper. and explained:
"The reason why we choose tippers cuz these are rarely and commonly used in agriculture and construction."

Margaux said, "it is perfect. Fit for the spring."

[ external image ]

Fast forward to the middle of October, Olive announced, that there will have five seasons, and all of the team surprised, "why five seasons?"
Supposed that MDT has a four-season concept, but widen the coverage into five. "This is what we called the halfway point, the middle of the season, the addition to the season concept."
I had an idea what the halfway point will offer. It might be using flatbed with container pins, or shall remain the mixture of chilled and dry goods in a trailer, but not necessarily. Another suggestion from Ella told, "halfway point is a center of neutrality."
Olive explained that the "halfway point is the transition to a closed cargo to a open-wide cargo when it comes to job offer from the industry client."

[ external image ]

On the latter part of October, the team had a positive development that tippers (presumably reworked) are spotted through the blog. It is seconded by another blog containing water bodies in Russia at the time of the anniversary of the company."

That time when a Luke, a part of MDT team, told the confirmation: "We are confirmed that tipper is the next trailer ownership for ETS2. And as Olive mentioned, that cargoes carrying some bulk, construction and rest of agricultural stuffs, will be classified as spring cargoes."

[ external image ]

The company is set to be looking forward and moving on to another season with the additional trailer ownership, tipper.
Last edited by JolliciousJosh on 13 Dec 2021 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
JolliciousJosh

#36 Post by JolliciousJosh » 15 Nov 2021 12:20

Loading an agricultural product from the Baltics

This contains the transition from using general to bulk cargoes.

Olive and I were on standby to transport pure milk from an animal processing plant in Nīca, just few kilometers away from the neighboring city of Liepāja and bound for Rostock (Germany). Before transporting milk, we were had a virtual meeting last Saturday night with Jason and the heads of the MDT on what are the plans to purchase it and what to expect for the arrival of the reskinned ownable tippers.

I was belong to the research group of all owned trailers, specifically dumpers. Over the weekend, I researched tipper types from different manufacturers (aside from Schwarzmuller) and what are their offers. Based on my research, I found four different tipping manufacturers, majority are them are made in Germany, so I seek assistance with Margaux (a staff of the MDT) on what tipping type is suitable.

Days ago before the virtual meeting, Moira (the president of the company), called us what dumper type are we using.

"Some dumpers carrying agricultural products, these are spring-related, that's our target niche. While other bulk and construction products, it is quite tougher and braver in a different type. Mostly, agricultural products are carried by an aluminum tipper, cuz these products are light. If we carry through rocks, this is a bottleneck. Heavy materials are quite hardest when loading into aluminum tipper."

The company also focuses on transporting agricultural products, along with other general cargo. During the meeting, we had a decision to take on the 3-axle, high-volume aluminum tipper. The virtual meeting took 20-30 minutes.
(1.43 is currently under beta stage. So Moira recommended me to stay in 1.42 and wait until the final release of the next version. "When 1.43 comes, that's the time that our purchased aluminum tipping semi-trailers are arrived.")

[ external image ]

Leaving the plant.
[ external image ]

Traversing Szczecin.
[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#37 Post by JolliciousJosh » 22 Nov 2021 14:46

Circular Distribution

After the ceremonial rollout of the new XG+ owned by our company, 17 days ago, I took a drive on this truck paired with Krone Dry Liner. The consignee offer a cargo bound for La Rochelle (France) from our depot in Liége, and minutes after, Olive called me through the phone (via Bluetooth on the truck) to stop over at Poissy depot to take a ride and take charge of the goods that the trailer is carrying. After which, we went to Milan to carry another cargo and back to Liége to drop off the last cargo.
[ external image ]

Suppose that I drive the Actros 4 1827, but unfortunately, it encountered a mechanical problem since Friday. So Olive wanted me to stay on the XG+ and do the same itinerary as to yesterday. The mechanic staff is yet to determine the cause of the problem, even the condition of the Actros 4 is excellent.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Rolled off in Dover.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

English-produced beverages on board back to La Rochelle.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

And loading full barrels of oil to a chemical plant near our main garage in Liége, which is the last trip of second round.
[ external image ]

Say hello to the garage!
Margaux was in La Rochelle Office and Depot for job matters related on our next cargo coming in 1.43: "Bon voyage!" (Olive and I passed over on our garage and depot in traveling back to Liége.)
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#38 Post by JolliciousJosh » 29 Nov 2021 15:15

High-Side, High Volume Capacity Curtainsider on the Roads of France

While the company's tipper trailer is working under progress while the order has in place, Mac (a mere friend of Moira and Olive who is based in London), tried me to take on the SDC Curtainsider, in which its height is 4.62m tall than the ordinary ones. I'd looking photos more often on Flickr using these curtainsiders in the roads of UK. Majority of these curtainsiders are owned by different transport and logistic companies in the UK, so we did a strategy to test on the roads of Mainland EU, particularly in France to take on the 4.62m tall curtainsider paired with a 2014 Scania R410.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Passing the heart of Lyon at Dusk (pre-1.43)
While doing ordinary transit operations, I usually pass over Lyon, on roads A6 and A7, which is an arterial road to/from Southern France, Italy and Switzerland. Passing over the old A6 (for the last time) before the city gets a major makeover in 1.43.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Results, however, according to Mac after series of cargo operations from France to Germany and back are very positive. Based on the criteria gathered by him and Olive, payload capacity of the trailer is high, and can reach up to 29t, which is a benefit to carry more cargo, as it meets the EU load containment standards, and its mass are also increasing, compared to the ordinary curtainsider. Productivity is also higher compared to the ordinary ones, where the value of the cargo and income is slightly high. Load security is rated at a high quality standard. The lifespan of the curtainsider is longer to limitless, with low maintenance and operating costs.

Due to positive results, he recommend me to order one for our company for operations in the mainland EU, especially in France, Germany, Baltics and Scandinavia.
Last edited by JolliciousJosh on 29 Nov 2021 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Truckerking_42006

#39 Post by Truckerking_42006 » 29 Nov 2021 15:53

lovely !! thread
[ external image ]
MY FLICKR FLICKR MY SCREEN THREAD CLICK HERE MY SKINWORKS CLICK HERE
JolliciousJosh

#40 Post by JolliciousJosh » 06 Dec 2021 11:25

Thanks, mate! Moving on to a new story:

En Route to Scandinavia

This time around, catered general cargoes to Scandinavia with this brave truck.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

On a rainy sunset at twenty-three.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

A fresh sunrise.

[ external image ]

Taking a cool break with a breathtaking view in upper Kristiansand.

[ external image ]

Ready to load wood products bound for a famous dairy plant in Trelleborg. At that time, Olive wasn't there, as she was ridden another truck taken by Ches (a driver who's also an employee of MDT). They also bound for a ferry port in Trelleborg to unload furnitures and stuff from Limoges. She called me to meet at the gas station that is located near the ferry port.

[ external image ]

The interior of the truck. There is a unique code on the telepass (left). This code applies all of the fleets of the company. :D

[ external image ]

Safely transported and embarked at the dairy plant.

[ external image ]

Climbing Bergen.

[ external image ]

Going back to Stockholm. (P.S. Previous delivery was yesterday to the Swedish capital from Stavenger.)

[ external image ]

Last Scandinavian delivery back to Poissy, Paris.

[ external image ]

Leaving on a ferry to Rostock.

[ external image ]

Ride home.

[ external image ]

Before bounding Scandinavia from Rotterdam, my first truck got the mileage of 100,000km last Friday.
-This was in the middle of the trip from La Rochelle.

[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”