Jollicious Josh's Journeys

JolliciousJosh

Re: Jollicious Josh's Journeys [EU]

#51 Post by JolliciousJosh » 07 Mar 2022 13:57

Something Interesting

Last November 2021, Moira, Jason and I had a minutes of meeting together with the MDT Team in our depot office in Brussels, and we were talking about the expansion of the company to the United States. Thus, more opportunities will rise up after a monstrous performance of the company which has been awarded by different transport organizations in Europe (both government and the private sector), in times of crisis in the continent.

When I drive the entry-level Actros MP4 (272 hp) from the south of Issoudoun to La Rochelle and to Dusseldorf, I discuss with my handler Belinda about the exact details on our American expansion and why we decide it, because the heart is in the hands of the Americas, where my fellow overseas Filipinos who are working and staying along (together with their loved ones, too). Although, there are other nationalities (including the Europeans), are having an opportunity to have an adventure to the States. Two months later, the company started to recruit people (in any nationality) for the actual operation on March 10.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

We had a breakfast in a farm, south of Issoudoun, while loading tons of dry milk to a supermarket in the center of La Rochelle.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Breakfast + coffee time

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I'm share with you all an another journey. The link is on my signature below, the red one.
Last edited by JolliciousJosh on 14 Mar 2022 09:00, edited 1 time in total.
JolliciousJosh

Re: Jollicious Josh's Journeys [EU]

#52 Post by JolliciousJosh » 14 Mar 2022 08:58

Alive Four Life

I use a 2002 Scania 4-Series with a small DC9 engine, 260hp for the use of hauling refrigerated goods. I surrender this truck in late February (because of the new lighting open beta that was made incompatible before the author turnover) and in September 2021 f(or the replacement of Mercedes-Benz Actros MP4 with its small engine output at least 200kw), but it was too hard to decide if I let go of Scania 4-Series for an Actros 4.

[ external image ]

Past forward to present, I had an idea on how to make this truck alive is to change a new engine from an small, yet old DC9 engine to a reconditioned DSC12 engine (400hp), for the use of bulk operations.

[ external image ]

What the mechanic team did is that the DSC12 engine more cleaner, fuel efficient and improved quality as same as newer engines found on 7-Series Scanias, despite that this engine is Euro 2-compliant without oil leaks. There are also minor changes in the interior, where the stock steering wheel has been changed to a classic white Vabis steering wheel and the cabin has been installed with a classic wood compared with the old standard one.

[ external image ]

First run on the 4-Series to Nantes.

[ external image ]

Belinda be like while riding on this truck: "This is so fabulous! The engine sound looks great and perfect! I love this sound on my ears, It hears like my voice."

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

Re: Jollicious Josh's Journeys

#53 Post by JolliciousJosh » 28 Mar 2022 14:20

March More Fun

Last month, Belinda, Olive and I planned to go to my hometown (in the Philippines) to do something special, when Olive noticed me and Belinda that a spectacular auto event took place for two weekends of March, so I asked permission to Moira and the team to had a vacation leave with my handlers since they missed the vibes in my hometown due to restrictions brought by the pandemic.

Way back March 7th, upon arrival in Dusseldorf Depot Office, I took a coffee break with Belinda, Olive and some of the MDT Team to discuss the spectacular motor show in our hometown. The first time I went to various motor show was in September 15, and there were models there, so, I keep an eye on it, until my friend who is also a bubbly, discovered photo shooting with the models in September 18, 2018. I started photo shooting from scratch a month ago but my friend wants to go to an agro-farming expo but I don't have funds to get access inside the exhibition, and Olive said there are models inside, until they walked outside of the exhibition to do meet and greet and do photo shooting with the models and I had a chance to do perks as what my friend mentioned. And it goes on and on until the lockdown announced two years ago.

Fast forward to second and the third weekend of March, it was full of fun and excitement. While we were at the airport, we do sightseeing lots of cool cars, fancy pick-up trucks, motorcycles and the like, but there were only light trucks exhibited on the show. (there were no huge trucks displayed on the show, too, from stainless styles from Japan and the US to Holland-styled trucks). Also, there were tons of models there and we had an opportunity to take photos together with some experienced photograph enthusiasts, even hobbyists (like us), and we know each other as a new friend. (PS: We like models too.)

When we got back to Brussels just now, we took over a new DAF XG+ owned by Bubblies International Transport Cooperative-Europe, a new transport company organized by Donato and the Bubblies (based in Duisburg, Germany), in partnership with Malaya Delivery Transport, S.R.L to rent/use our trailers anywhere in the continent (with some restrictions due to crisis in real life) for 5 years.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

We felt happy while the pandemic comes end. What we wish is to hold more concerts and events in our hometown, but Moira is very kind to do so to go to my hometown since she had experienced travelling to other places during her break from work.
Belinda: There will be more events to come until the year goes at end.
JolliciousJosh

#54 Post by JolliciousJosh » 04 Apr 2022 11:37

Reviving from Scratch

A team from the Bubblies International Transport Cooperative - Europe gave me a 2019 Volvo FH4 from scratch. This time, it comes with a D13K Turbo Compound system packing 460 hp.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

One of the team from this partnered company said, it might have another one (a sleeper cab) for bulk transport which I had used before. I decided to surrender my first truck before 2021 ends because the hue of the truck looks very odd, so this cooperative helped me to had a major makeover (definitely a simple style).
JolliciousJosh

#55 Post by JolliciousJosh » 11 Apr 2022 11:22

A Treat to Olive

We head to Scandinavia again together with Dave and Max, who are handlers of our partner company, Bubblies International Transport - Europe, to treat to Olive who is turning 28 today. We load some materials to an agro-farming industry in the outskirts of Esbjerg from Duisburg using the new Renault Range T High Evolution.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Before loading nuts to Norwegian capital, we did a video call to Olive, her colleagues and the MDT team for celebrating her birthday, and we did also a long, long story.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

We stopped over at a ferry port in Frederikshavn, to buy something special for her, including some meals. After we unload nuts in a dry market in Oslo, we load again tons of packages to our depot in Liege, in time for her simple physical party.
Before the party, the admins of MDT posted schedules for Holy Week. Being said, there will be so much limited trips on Thursday and ends on Easter Sunday, whereas essentials in all trailer types are only accepted during these days.
JolliciousJosh

#56 Post by JolliciousJosh » 18 Apr 2022 10:46

Greek Power

Last month, Moira approved a request from the team to beautify her 2014 Scania R520 V8 with a twist.
During a week-long holiday break, we traveled to the La Rochelle depot to assess and update the progress of the truck. One of the truck styling team says the interior upgraded to the next level with a red Danish plube curtains on the front and on the side, and the steering wheel changed to an old-school Vabis steering wheel. Updates on the exterior are huge, especially its color.
Last Tuesday, Randall (our technical staff) contacted the truck styling shop based in the Netherlands to find a unique exhaust system that is originated in Greece, and the informer says that this unique exhaust system is also on sale, given that truckers from the West need not to go to Greece to find and install this exhaust system.
A day later, the sales associate of a truck styling shop arrived in our depot in La Rochelle to install the exhaust of the truck called 'Lepidas Exhaust System.' Nothing change on the engine output.

[ external image ]

Last Sunday, we test it out to Limoges, and the turbo spool sounds great. No smokes were emitted during the test run.

[ external image ]

Some of the colleagues said that, "Would you willing to join the truck show with this truck?", and I replied, yes.
The owner of the truck is open to showcase the truck show in a town in the Netherlands anytime soon.
JolliciousJosh

#57 Post by JolliciousJosh » 25 Apr 2022 14:03

Premium Tipping

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Fully loaded with wheat leaving to La Rochelle
(PS: Olive and I had a breakfast + a short talk with her close friend)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#58 Post by JolliciousJosh » 02 May 2022 09:35

Scania Siblings

Two Scanias were donated to me from Bubblies International Transport (Cooperative) - Europe. All of these are in perfect condition despite these trucks were used in 2014.

First, I test a 6-Series Scania P Day Cab. During the run, I found this alternative for comfort driving, either a short or a long distance trips.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

On the other days, I test another truck and these time, a Scania G410, for bulk operations.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

These truck siblings filled in together with my Scania R410 (Streamline) and the next-gen Scanias. The eldest of these truck is an S520 V8, while the youngest is a 6-Series P280.
JolliciousJosh

#59 Post by JolliciousJosh » 09 May 2022 12:24

Meeting with the Italian Natives

Serena and Belinda invited me to go Naples for an invitational visit for a new sister transport company that will fall under my group of transport companies.

During the meeting in a hotel with the Marianos, the progress of establishing a sister transport company is about 70%. While the main headquarters is still to be work in progress, we discussed the trucks that they trusted and recommended. The trailer scope is the same as our mother transport company.

[ external image ]

Hours after the meeting, we stopped over at their farm, 200 kilometers south of Naples, and the Marianos decided to stay overnight until May 11th. I have enough clothes in my bag, and my handler's, too.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Two days later, we went to Rome for a quick visit and a stop over to Serena’s farm to discuss our sister transport venture.
JolliciousJosh

#60 Post by JolliciousJosh » 16 May 2022 12:09

Revisiting Austria with this lowered FH.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Back in Amsterdam.

[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”