A good idea for SCS and the north

Juli On Tour

Re: A good idea for SCS and the north

#51 Post by Juli On Tour » 06 Feb 2022 16:32

TheNauter wrote: 01 Feb 2022 22:37
Juli On Tour wrote: 23 May 2021 10:32
In the last 3 days from 21.05.2021 to 23.05.2021 I have dealt strongly with the countries, Norway, Sweden and Finland.
I was only concerned with these three countries. In all countries there are further signposts and junctions that lead further to the far north.
Over these days, I've been busy finding cities that are good for SCS to model. It should still be playable. Too many cities should not be either. In addition, I have created 3 PDF documentations, as I could imagine that the SCS could realize and plan.
In my PDF documentation with pictures from Google Maps I also included my own pictures when I was in Norway during the holidays.

I have made sure that there are not too many cities. Norway has the most cities. I find Eidfjord quite cool, that's after the Hardanger Bridge or Mo i Rana with the big "Mo Industripark".

Total new cities in Norway:
1. Halden
2. Drammen
3. Tønsberg
4. Sandefjord
5. Porsgrunn
6. Arendal
7. Mandal
8. Feda
9. Helleland
10. Älgård
11. Ärdal
12. Hjelmelandsvågen
13. Nesvik
14. Suldalosen
15. Nesflaten
16. Håra
17. Odda
18. Ullensvang
19. Eidfjord
20. Vossevangen
21. Bolstadøyri
22. Vøringfossen (waterfall)
23. Dyranut
24. Haugastøl
25. Geilo
26. Rødberg
27. Flesberg
28. Jessheim
29. Hamar
30. Lillehammer
31. Ringebu
32. Otta
33. Dombås
34. Verma
35. Søholt
36. Ålesund
37. Oppdal
38. Sunndalsøra
39. Nesset
40. Hjelset
41. Molde
42. Tingvoll
43. Bergsøya
44. Knutset
45. Batnfjordsøra
46. Støren
47. Mediå
48. Mo i Rana
49. Fauske
50. Bodø
51. Innhavet
52. Bognes (Bognes Ferry quay)
53. Skarberet (Skarberet Ferry quay)
54. Nordkjosbotn
55. Tromsø
56. Birtavarre
57. Burfjord
58. Eidsbukt. «Camp Eidsbukt»
59. Alta
60. Skaidi
61. Olderfjord
62. Repvåg
63. Honningsvåg
64. Skarsvåg
65. Nordkap
66. Lakselv
67. Karasjok

Total new cities in Sweden:
1. Strömstad
2. Karlstad
3. Torsby
4. Mora
5. Falun
6. Borlänge
7. Gävle
8. Sveg
9. Brunflo
10. Sundsvall
11. Östersund
12. Storuman
13. Lycksele
14. Umeå
15. Härnösand
16. Tärnaby
17. Arvidsjaur
18. Älvsbyn
19. Luleå
20. Skellefteå
21. Gällivare
22. Överkalix
23. Svappavaara
24. Kiruna
25. Abisko
26. Karesuando

Total new cities in Finland:
1. Vaasa
2. Seinäjoki
3. Ähtäri
4. Jyväskylä
5. Heilona
6. Heilona
7. Mikkeli
8. Varkaus
9. Joensuu
10. Kokkola
11. Liminka
12. Pyhänta
13. Lisami
14. Kuopio
15. Oulu.
16. Kajaani
17. Kemi
18. Rovaniemi
19. Kuusamo
20. Suomussalmi
21. Kemijärvi
22. Sodankylä
23. Kittilä
24. Muonio
25. Kakslauttanen
26. Inari
27. Karigasniemi
28. Kenestupa
29. Utsjoki
I like that idea to expand Nordic in the game but I don't think it's realistic to represent every city you listed. Because the map are scaled. Norway are techincally a narrow country but are long. Many of these will literally be overlapping each other if they manage to fit all these listed city. And many of these places are very small places that they probably not going to prioritise. I would it's more realistic that they add maybe Molde, and Trondheim, Tromsø. And maybe couple of towns in Finmark. And maybe some few places between Trondheim and Tromsø. And maybe Lillehammer. I would think that is hard to represent Norway in this game because they are not many big city and people live spread out. So you have many small towns instead of cities like the same way you have further down Europe.
But they will probaly be able to add more places in Sweden it's more territory they can use. They will probaly not be able to include all your listed places. But maybe more of them becuase it's more space between the places in Northern Sweden.

I don't think it's realistic that they can add all these places in the current map module. If you want to represent all these places. You need make a standalone map that focuse on Norway/ Scandinavia and make a map that are in the same size as the base game with all the map dlc.. Which I hope somebody are crazy enough to make.
How could I or someone else create such a standalone map?
I have no experience with standalone cards.
SCS would like to take a look at the suggestions, they are only suggestions, but I have arranged them logically from the towns that already exist on the Scandinavian map and the routes also partly lead through towns where the route already exists. In theory, you would only have to add one city to the route.
For example Drammen, which is close to Oslo.
As you have already read in my answer post, I have of course mentioned that not all listed cities have to be in Scandinavia. Just the ones that make sense.
For SCS as much as possible but as much as necessary.
Think that's a good foundation on which to expand the complete Scandinavian map.
Of course I would be happy too.
Until then, the oldest cities will be revised, I've read. Makes sense.
Best regards Julian
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
276 kostroma

#52 Post by 276 kostroma » 07 Feb 2022 17:47

it would be a dream to have all that you describe about scandinavia, and this is the great problem of terrestrial simulators, achieving a real expansion is a complicated task that takes years and years, many people addicted to creating cities take years just to make a few cities. the plane simulator makes it easier thanks to photogrammetry, but here, at the moment everything is carved by hand... my dream is saint petersburg - vladivostok and why not, cross to north korea... we have to wait, maybe in 20 years the world scale is achieved 1 to 1.Luckily there are very strong advances, related to his dream, mine and everyone's... it's just a matter of waiting a decade I suppose, because companies often have interests that do not correspond to the wishes of users and it is something totally understandable .
If you do not want to wait so long to see your dream come true, you can hire a person to do the mapping work for you, it is normal for those of us who suffer from an addiction to these video games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLhjZCXo9BY
Juli On Tour

#53 Post by Juli On Tour » 08 Feb 2022 18:14

276 kostroma wrote: 07 Feb 2022 17:47 it would be a dream to have all that you describe about scandinavia, and this is the great problem of terrestrial simulators, achieving a real expansion is a complicated task that takes years and years, many people addicted to creating cities take years just to make a few cities. the plane simulator makes it easier thanks to photogrammetry, but here, at the moment everything is carved by hand... my dream is saint petersburg - vladivostok and why not, cross to north korea... we have to wait, maybe in 20 years the world scale is achieved 1 to 1.Luckily there are very strong advances, related to his dream, mine and everyone's... it's just a matter of waiting a decade I suppose, because companies often have interests that do not correspond to the wishes of users and it is something totally understandable .
If you do not want to wait so long to see your dream come true, you can hire a person to do the mapping work for you, it is normal for those of us who suffer from an addiction to these video games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLhjZCXo9BY
Many Thanks.
The dream can come true, let me tell you now.
Question, what are terrestrial simulators?
Yes, you're right, it's a question of waiting. However, SCS is making good progress. First the oldest cities are reworked. I think Scandinavia will come along in the foreseeable future. Another question, did you see the three links I shared here via Drop Box? For PDF about Norway, I also included pictures about my trip to Norway. This year I will ant the big Scandinavian panorama trip. It goes via Bodø to the North Cape. Lg Julian (The Scandinavian fan). ;)
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
276 kostroma

#54 Post by 276 kostroma » 12 Feb 2022 19:27

It would be very good, it would really be an extensive map seeing the dimensions.
similar to iberia even bigger.
You could make it easier by prioritizing landscapes over cities.
Maybe we have to wait until 2025, I don't know mate
Attachments
map33.jpg
276 kostroma

#55 Post by 276 kostroma » 12 Feb 2022 19:40

There are too many cities. It is a map of about 50 cities distributed among the 3 or 4 countries with the north of Russia. It would be great if they manage to do as many cities as possible but I don't see it feasible, it takes a long time, maybe they do it with some cities and then add.
It would really be a spectacular map
Juli On Tour

#56 Post by Juli On Tour » 12 Feb 2022 20:55

276 kostroma wrote: 12 Feb 2022 19:27 It would be very good, it would really be an extensive map seeing the dimensions.
similar to iberia even bigger.
You could make it easier by prioritizing landscapes over cities.
Maybe we have to wait until 2025, I don't know mate
Thank you for the info. Sounds good, 2025 isn't that long after all. I think I understood your card. You draw a line across the map. E.g. from Kristiansand to Honningsvag in my example and then gets the distance across. Have I understood that correctly?
Juli On Tour

#57 Post by Juli On Tour » 12 Feb 2022 20:57

276 kostroma wrote: 12 Feb 2022 19:40 There are too many cities. It is a map of about 50 cities distributed among the 3 or 4 countries with the north of Russia. It would be great if they manage to do as many cities as possible but I don't see it feasible, it takes a long time, maybe they do it with some cities and then add.
It would really be a spectacular map
It would be an awesome card. Yes maybe they will add cities over the years. I was just traveling through "little" Finland, nothing earth-shattering (yet).
276 kostroma

#58 Post by 276 kostroma » 12 Feb 2022 21:40

It would be amazing to do that route
Attachments
mapppp.jpg
Juli On Tour

#59 Post by Juli On Tour » 13 Feb 2022 09:11

276 kostroma wrote: 12 Feb 2022 21:40 It would be amazing to do that route
Yes. I Would to like to have in ETS2 :)
Polarlicht

#60 Post by Polarlicht » 13 Feb 2022 23:19

I hope and think they will add it eventually. There is still tons to do for years to come, and add and rework in ETS2.
Everytime they announce the next map DLC which is set somewhere else iam personally not interested in, i get kinda sad :| But others want their home region and like it.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”