Re: New DAF arrived on Euro Truck Simulator 2

#431 Post by AntonioMart » 28 Apr 2022 04:21

The new DAF also can have not only LED tailights:
daf-xg-480-ft-4x2-new-generati,16b56f4c.jpg
This should also be added.
scaniadriver01

#432 Post by scaniadriver01 » 28 Apr 2022 22:54

daf xf 106 rear end... i think this is one of the first production series dafs.. but yeah its also an option if the buyer wants to keep it simple.. as a single bulb is cheaper then replacing an LED panel because 1 light doesnt work anymore...

when i worked at a daf dealership we also serviced trailers.. and an order came in that every trailer from versteijnen in the netherlands wanted the LED panels replaced with normall bulb panels.. the LED panels where 250 euros a set.. the bulb panels 50 euros a set..
Some newbie driver

#433 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Apr 2022 22:21

It's the paradox of LED appliance, it happens the same everywhere. They consume a lot less, light better and take less materials to be made. But manufacturers insist into deploy them in sets that are non serviceable the way a light bulb had always been; so they end being more expensive and create more waste. The worst is, even if the internal LED array is separated in segments (so, if one fails not all the light fails; as it's usally done in vehicles); they never sell that segment stand alone, they force us to purchase the whole optic. It doesn't matter if in vehicles, in house lighting or anything else; it's the same thing everywhere.

That would be only fixed if we all have luck and some very strict law is enforced to end this BS. I wonder if the "right to repair" directives that are being worked on EU could cover that kind of things.

Regards
AntonioMart

#434 Post by AntonioMart » 30 Apr 2022 23:07

Also it can have bumper without fog lights:
wabi_uj_daf03-700x467.jpg
Just like Scania NextGen or Cascadia in ATS. That allows to assemble a cheaper or more expensive version of the truck.

I think that some details will also be added over time, as a window was added in the door and a passenger cinema seat.
harishw8r

#435 Post by harishw8r » 01 May 2022 02:58

Foglights also have the cornering lights integrated with them. They can be added as well as technically they are just static turn signals.
scaniadriver01

#436 Post by scaniadriver01 » 01 May 2022 18:09

Some newbie driver wrote: 30 Apr 2022 22:21 It's the paradox of LED appliance, it happens the same everywhere. They consume a lot less, light better and take less materials to be made. But manufacturers insist into deploy them in sets that are non serviceable the way a light bulb had always been; so they end being more expensive and create more waste. The worst is, even if the internal LED array is separated in segments (so, if one fails not all the light fails; as it's usally done in vehicles); they never sell that segment stand alone, they force us to purchase the whole optic. It doesn't matter if in vehicles, in house lighting or anything else; it's the same thing everywhere.

That would be only fixed if we all have luck and some very strict law is enforced to end this BS. I wonder if the "right to repair" directives that are being worked on EU could cover that kind of things.

Regards
right to repair isnt as strongly mendated in europe as in america...

in most cases in the EU they will tell you if you dont like the product then you need to buy something else..
so we dont have to stick to one product, one garage, one manufactory...

that being said.. some trucks dont recognise LED lightpanels on trailers or conversions on trucks.. they will throw a fault message on the dash telling the driver the lightbulb is broken as an LED has a minimal resistance if none at all and the ECU of the truck or even cars need the resistance of a lightbulb to check if the light is broken or not..
AntonioMart

#437 Post by AntonioMart » 05 May 2022 03:39

Meanwhile, in real life, DAF is already gradually appearing which have some tuning. I'm waiting for tuning in the game in the future. ;)
FR0cvLKXMAA1Zb3.jpg
squerble

#438 Post by squerble » 05 May 2022 11:52

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 24 Apr 2022 14:46 because the mesh is fitted to the texture to keep it 16:9 aspect ratio, so it only uses half of the texture so it doesnt look stupid, coupled with the mesh being so big is why it looks blocky
Ahh thanks that makes more sense now! Still, I hope it can be given some attention :)
actros aaron

#439 Post by actros aaron » 05 Jun 2022 17:32

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cebc6jCMP5n ... MyMTA2M2Y=

New daf XG with mini midlift axle..

*not my insta page
Joan93

#440 Post by Joan93 » 12 Jun 2022 21:57

I hope the new DAF XF & XG could receive an update with all these features already available in real life, such as different taillight, without fog lamps, more plastic & paintable parts, etc.

Or is it gonna remain like it's now... forever?

Return to “General discussion about the game”