Engine upgrade and DX12 coming to ETS2 and ATS!

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Engine upgrade and DX12 coming to ETS2 and ATS!

#291 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Apr 2023 07:54

there is no vice grip, your are just to lazy to learn reverse engineering and start hacking the game, saying the game has some sort of lock to the code is the most nonsense think somebody can say, you just dont want to accept it but at the same time use GTA as an example that is the whole opposite of what you want to prove. so start learning and your "limitations" are gone
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#292 Post by Optional Features » 29 Apr 2023 07:55

dhrto wrote: 29 Apr 2023 07:48 I'm quite sure SCS won't go after features like walking outside your truck and doing/exploring things on foot. Their game world is just not designed that way.
What would have to change about the design of the game world to accommodate a camera with a fixed height moving about the world independent from a vehicle?

BeamNG added walking to their game without changing the game world at all. I'm sure a modder would have done the same for this game if it was possible (like 1000 other things).
dhrto

#293 Post by dhrto » 29 Apr 2023 08:08

The camera is already there. Devcam and recently now even more user friendly with photo mode. What I meant (and that is what I think you want) is that the game world is not interactive. We can't open doors of barns or buildings, we can't go inside buildings, we can't interact trailers, et. To make it so, a lot would have to change in the game world.

As we talk about preferences, that would definitely not be on my preference list. I like larger maps and you (as I deduce from your posts) like to see more hardcore simulation. Nothing wrong with either, but please don't project your preference as the universal truth for everybody.
System specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX3080 (no OC), Varjo Aero (using OpenXR through OpenComposite instead of SteamVR), 32 GB DDR3200, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB, Win10. And most importantly: vanilla game, no mods.
Optional Features

#294 Post by Optional Features » 29 Apr 2023 08:29

dhrto wrote: 29 Apr 2023 08:08 The camera is already there. Devcam and recently now even more user friendly with photo mode. What I meant (and that is what I think you want) is that the game world is not interactive. We can't open doors of barns or buildings, we can't go inside buildings, we can't interact trailers, et. To make it so, a lot would have to change in the game world.
Well, the start of that is just a devcam with a fixed height and a "clop clop" sound when the player presses WSAD. We don't have that, and there is no way to mod it into the game.

Opening doors have already been attempted by the community for both trucks and trailers (and SCS themselves teased it in a preview of ATS), but modders are relying on incredibly restrictive code elements that prevent assigning new keybinds to new animations (if someone makes a new door animation, it has to be bound to a window or some other existing SCS thing to work) or using F7 customization to change parts of a loaded trailer. One modder I know distantly made doors open on his van trailer with F7, but when loaded, the doors were stuck open until the load was dropped. Removing these two limitations would make opening doors a thing on many more mods, which would be welcomed.

As for building interiors, the game already has these for the vehicle customization shop (and dealer showrooms kinda), and we can already walk in the shop. The only thing SCS (or a modder) would have to do is make the triggers spawn more types of interiors. Instead of opening the shop or showroom, the trigger might open a default chrome shop interior or maybe a convenience store.
As we talk about preferences, that would definitely not be on my preference list. I like larger maps and you (as I deduce from your posts) like to see more hardcore simulation. Nothing wrong with either, but please don't project your preference as the universal truth for everybody.
I also like larger maps, but it would be nice to have a bit more meat with the potatoes. A big map eventually will get old just like a real life drive done countless times. But the challenges starting, during, and after the drive will break up some of that monotony. Hardcore simulation is something like brake fade, engine overheating, individual tire pressure, or functional runaway truck ramps (that are needed because of brake fade).

Raising a dump bed to unload a trailer (as opposed to backing into a dock) or opening swing doors to dock doesn't seem that hardcore to me. But regardless of distinction, making things optional allows players of all types to enjoy the game as they would like. And right now, there are almost no options for those who want to do anything beyond very simplified driving.
Some newbie driver

#295 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Apr 2023 16:08

The whole assets of the game aren't made to be seen from a POV of a "walking camera".

All those things than seem so nice from our driver cabin will in most cases look horrendous on a walking mode that allow us a closer view. To avoid that they will have to re-skin a HUGE % of the world and even redo lots of assets whose polygon count is actually too low for a close view. And that's the main reason that walking mode isn't going to be added in a long long time if ever. Plain and simple, before doing such an enormous amount of work for that walking mode, they are going to invest in things way more relevant for the game.

If they ever add a walking mode into the game, and that's a big IF, it will be probably limited to when we will be inside of the confined limits of "yards" (companies, garages, maybe rest areas or similar "controlled" places). That option would allow do enormously decrease the amount of rework to be done in the 3D world.

Regards
Vator

#296 Post by Vator » 25 May 2023 14:22

Have there been any updates on the release of this? Like, is it close to done now or it's still years off?
parasaurolophus67

#297 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 25 May 2023 14:23

@Vator They won't set a date on when. We can only say it could be 1.48 or 1.49.
Trucker Nik

#298 Post by Trucker Nik » 28 May 2023 08:28

I think it's safe to say that it won't be in 1.48, I still think it will be in 1.50 like a new light in 1.40, very special things are released in the update from 0 at the end (at least it seems that way to me) even if it's true that in 1.36 it was directx 11 and that was also a special thing, even so I'm going from 1.50, if it was earlier I wouldn't be angry :)
flight50

#299 Post by flight50 » 28 May 2023 10:29

There are zero details on 1.48 and definitely nothing for 1.49. So we can't say it's safe to say. We need details and confirmation from SCS to know anything. Otherwise it's all speculation as to what update the engine update comes with. Whenever the update is ready though, SCS should release it. Holding it for ab update to end in 0 isn't exactly the ideal thing to do.

Pavel did seem optimistic on 2023 based on the 2022 xmas stream but that was almost 6 months ago. A lot can happen in
6-12 months and thing could get pushed still. 1.50 seems more like a Q1 2024 Spring update. But even that is speculation.
JoeAlex23

#300 Post by JoeAlex23 » 28 May 2023 15:22

I'm still speculating that they are waiting until Steam drops support for Win7/Win8 (since only Win10/Win11 support DX12) at the start of 2024 to release the DX12 update, so it might actually be 1.50, but we could see a separated experimental beta branch for 1.49 so people can start testing it, it could go either way.

Return to “General discussion about the game”