Map Expansion Strategy Differs Between ATS and ETS2: Why?

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
flight50

Re: Map Expansion Strategy Differs Between ATS and ETS2: Why?

#11 Post by flight50 » 09 Aug 2021 22:46

Both countries actually have 50 states a pieces. The US has more larger countries. The biggest thing is how the ETS2 map team is structured. They started with one huge team and did huge maps. ATS started with one small team.......added multiple map teams and still made smaller maps to try kicking out maps more frequently. After Texas, the map will roll out faster. I don't have an issue with how ATS is setup but I do think in the future, bundling will happen. I like to call them super teams. Basically Texas and ETS2 maps are done by super teams. Super team is 2+ map teams. Based on ATS, most maps are made with 10-12 people. Double that into a larger team and you get a super team. A super team can cover more ground, but takes much much longer to develop the map at the same time.

Split up the map and you kick out that map faster. ATS needs maps asap because it started from scratch. ETS2's base map was generated from older SCS games. That is now showing its age and the older areas in ETS2 are needing rebuild. ATS has much less of this. Although ATS's base map needs a rebuilt, its mainly for 2 reasons. 1) to get rid of the Euro style first implemented and 2) to level the playing field quality wise to make it all consistent. The ATS base map is still said to be better quality though. To me, I personally think the ATS map team is more passionate and are more about details. The ETS2 team is better with assets, depots and new company creation.
markpeixoto

Re: Map Expansion Strategy Differs Between ATS and ETS2: Why?

#12 Post by markpeixoto » 04 Mar 2022 15:24

good morning everyone. I'm a driver and I've traveled all over Europe. what I don't like is to pay for a map so expensive that it doesn't bring realism, an example of the Pyrenees, where that fascinating descent from the A1 is, the angrier I get from Nice to Genoa in Italy it's just mountains. if I buy a map of a country, I want it to bring me some realism and challenge and more roads through national roads. thanks

Return to “SCS Blog and Websites”