Scania L6 & V8 Open pipe with FKM Garage exhaust system (Version 4.0 Released)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
JMR2R

Re: Scania L6 & V8 Open pipe with FKM Garage exhaust system (Version 3.5 Released with 3 stages exhaust system)

#122 Post by JMR2R » 30 Aug 2022 15:09

After version 1.5, there is no air release valve sound when shifting gears. Will you add it in subsequent versions? Now, the ideal way is to limit the response time of the vent valve to a specific speed
SlavJerry

Re: Scania L6 & V8 Open pipe with FKM Garage exhaust system (Version 3.5 Released with 3 stages exhaust system)

#123 Post by SlavJerry » 30 Aug 2022 23:10

@JMR2R well which sound are you talking about? gearbox shifting sound or exhaust brake shifting sound?
I make mods

yeah that's pretty much it
JMR2R

#124 Post by JMR2R » 31 Aug 2022 04:00

@SlavJerry Dear Jerry, please forgive my bad English and don't know the correct description. Your 105's open pipe sound, when the engine is shifting at a certain speed, also makes this sound, I see people calling this special sound a "deflate valve". And your SCANIA sound effects V1.1 and V1.5 will also make the sound of the deflation valve when the engine reaches a certain speed when shifting gears. I have seen many videos of real trucks open pipes, including your own post in this post. A comparison of reality videos. We can notice a "wheezing"-like sound from the truck when the driver shifts gears, and the FKM's exhaust is particularly unique. But it hasn't appeared since V1.5. At present, there are a lot of open pipe sound effects on the Internet with deflate valve response, but many authors' deflate valve response timing is not well handled, because many of them no matter what speed the engine is at, as soon as the throttle is released, the deflate valve sounds It will appear, several open pipe sound effects from R.J Productions have matured after many updates. In his sound effects, the response of the deflate valve is limited to a certain speed. Your 105 open pipe deflation valve response is also very good.I'm very much looking forward to your reinstatement of this mechanic for a subsequent version of your FKM Open Pipe.
JMR2R

#125 Post by JMR2R » 31 Aug 2022 07:15

Maybe it's the "-Background gearbox whine sound" in your other post "Scania V8 Open pipe with Lepidas Team exhaust system (Hotfix V2.0.1 Released)". Not sure if the description is right or not, hopefully you can restore it in FKM and reduce how often it responds, only on certain high rpm shifts.
SlavJerry

#126 Post by SlavJerry » 31 Aug 2022 08:59

@JMR2R oh it's blow off valve sound, it's the sound of turbo pressure releasing after release the throttle which I forgot when and why I removed it. I will add that back in the next update
I make mods

Shadowstyle

#127 Post by Shadowstyle » 31 Aug 2022 10:51

Engine brake shifting sound would be nice
SlavJerry

#128 Post by SlavJerry » 31 Aug 2022 23:08

@Shadowstyle still doing research to make it works porperly
I make mods

JMR2R

#129 Post by JMR2R » 01 Sep 2022 05:57

Thank you so much, looking forward to your update, Jerry. If possible, I hope to limit the response of the blow-off valve to 2000rpm, or a reasonable range of shifting revs. I'm still using the V1.5 version, the deflate valve is too responsive on this version, and sometimes it responds without even releasing the throttle at around 1500rpm.
SlavJerry

#130 Post by SlavJerry » 01 Sep 2022 08:58

@JMR2R well in that version blow off valve system is very over-simplified so yeah
I make mods

Return to “Sound”