Louisiana Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Louisiana Discussion Thread

#141 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2022 03:43

As with anything, plans change. We once all jumped on the getting to Florida bandwagon because that what Pavel stated. Its an easier path to predict when thinking of keeping the map somewhat boxed. With route 66 in mind its seems more like the plan is switching to a more centralized map and then fan out North and South of that. It brings the Northeast and Midwest to the front lines before the South corridor. But Louisiana could still be part of that. New Orleans, I-55 and I-49 plays into the hands of getting to Chicago from the Gulf.
oldmanclippy

#142 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Aug 2022 04:03

Eh I think Beaumont is the only city you could maybe make a case for Louisiana helping get to Chicago. Even then, Arkansas would be the best route probably IRL. Maybe not once I-69 becomes a thing but that will be many years away. So Louisiana really only helps itself for that purpose. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Louisiana on the way to Illinois. But I don't think it's as important as it was when the goal was understood to be Florida.

Should be interesting to see though. Just because Pavel says that the Great Lakes are the goal, doesn't mean that a detour to Louisiana wouldn't be part of the plans. We really don't know. Xmas stream should be illuminating.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#143 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2022 06:17

Why Beaumont? I-55 can be a straight shot in and includes two other major cities in Memphis and St. Louis. Beaumont is not in that equation. We can go from Gulf of Mexico to Lake Michigan on one road. Water body to Water body is what I'm thinking.

[ external image ]
55sixxx

#144 Post by 55sixxx » 05 Aug 2022 12:10

I look at these speculations and get excited for the fact that we'll get the chance of travelling on all of these nice interstates throughout the entire country but then I remember it will be years until we actually see them in-game, then I get sad again.

Two departments SCS has to increase man power as much as they can: Vehicle and Mapping.
flight50

#145 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2022 12:51

I'd throw programmers in that equation for sure. They are the underlying backbone. The ones we don't see but gives us all the functionality of the game.
oldmanclippy

#146 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Aug 2022 14:32

flight50 wrote: 05 Aug 2022 06:17 Why Beaumont? I-55 can be a straight shot in and includes two other major cities in Memphis and St. Louis. Beaumont is not in that equation. We can go from Gulf of Mexico to Lake Michigan on one road. Water body to Water body is what I'm thinking.
That's what I'm saying, adding Louisiana won't help any existing states until they start pushing further along the Gulf or KY/TN, it will only add new extensions to roads. But it won't fix any previously unrealistic routes that had to go around the gap of Louisiana like Montana did, because no routes would change. Except Southeast Arkansas to Southeast Texas.
Redbird9346

#147 Post by Redbird9346 » 06 Aug 2022 23:31

Once we get to the smaller states east of Texas, we have to start thinking of multi-state bundles. It would have made no sense if, for example, expansion into the Baltics included ONLY Lithuania, then Latvia, Estonia, and Finland each as separate paid DLCs. This could go several ways. I'm thinking Louisiana+Mississippi+Alabama, and maybe even throw Tennessee and Arkansas into the mix. Though adding the latter two really can't be done without Oklahoma.

Minnesota could be its own DLC. The Dakotas could be their own DLC. The prairie states (Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma) could be their own DLC. And so on as you further east.
JoeAlex23

#148 Post by JoeAlex23 » 07 Aug 2022 00:21

You are looking WAY to far into it if you think SCS will start bundling 3 states anytime soon, at much they will start with 2 and at some point maybe 3 the smaller the states get. But 4 or 5 states in a bundle? Not happening until they get to the North East region.
harishw8r

#149 Post by harishw8r » 07 Aug 2022 02:52

It’s still not sure how they planning to release the states after Texas, whether they start bundling from Oklahoma itself or later. The next two DLC announcements should hopefully give an idea.

My guess is that they would start making two states per DLC after Texas/Oklahoma.
oldmanclippy

#150 Post by oldmanclippy » 07 Aug 2022 03:01

Oklahoma technically isn't a lock to come alone yet. Highly likely, yes. Guaranteed? No I don't think so. We did get conflicting reports from the Montana stream as to what the status of the Montana team currently is. Davido says they're on their next project, but Pavel says that every hand is on Texas now. It's possible that the bulk of the Oklahoma team is on Texas currently. Which could lead to a scenario where the asset and research teams have been on Oklahoma and Kansas already, so that the mappers can hit the ground running and get them both out for a late Summer or Early Fall release. With the future Nebraska team branching off Texas to go help with the base map for 4 months, then work on Nebraska for a late 2023 release. I think that's quite unlikely as it would make far more sense to have Oklahoma come in mid Summer and Kansas and Nebraska come in the winter. There's also no guarantee we will see 3 states in 2023. Kansas could be the only planned state for late 2023. Or they may have bamboozled us and it could be Arkansas, who knows :lol: The next DLC announcement along with the Xmas stream can't come soon enough.

Return to “General discussion about the game”