10th anniversary of ETS2

55sixxx

Re: 10th anniversary of ETS2

#91 Post by 55sixxx » 02 Oct 2022 21:31

TMP is a great example of what, someone with experience, can do with the game.

But this silence from SCS is weird, I think they're up to something. And I think October could be a month where we see one of the trucks Oscar hinted.
xXCARL1992Xx

#92 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Oct 2022 21:35

hopefully, maybe we even get the MAN but i dont have high hopes for it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
55sixxx

#93 Post by 55sixxx » 02 Oct 2022 21:54

Neither do I. Given that it was teased in last Xmas stream I thought that by now the truck would've been nearing completion but those W.I.P pictures and the overall blogpost screams a 2023 release.

I also hope they will be for ETS2, since only two trucks (NG DAF and T Evo) are in current production. (NG Scania does not count since the engine/transmission options in-game are discontinued).
Vk56dehan

#94 Post by Vk56dehan » 02 Oct 2022 21:57

55sixxx wrote: 02 Oct 2022 21:54 Neither do I. Given that it was teased in last Xmas stream I thought that by now the truck would've been nearing completion but those W.I.P pictures and the overall blogpost screams a 2023 release.

I also hope they will be for ETS2, since only two trucks (NG DAF and T Evo) are in current production. (NG Scania does not count since the engine/transmission options in-game are discontinued).
You never really know how old those pictures are though. Who knows maybe those pics where from 3 months prior. I hope for it soon but I'll live either way so, it comes when it comes I guess.
plykkegaard

#95 Post by plykkegaard » 03 Oct 2022 10:54

JoeAlex23 wrote: 02 Oct 2022 21:07 Even though he can't read what we say
Sad really, a bit trumpish

Wolfenstein 3D was not modable at all, but people haced the binaries anyway as they could find he data collections holding all the sprites / graphics used in the game
https://www.moddb.com/games/wolfenstein-3d/mods

Doom made history as free tools for modding increased sales tremendously
Half-Life which is the father of the 1st person genre is based on the Doom engine

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Vk56dehan

#96 Post by Vk56dehan » 04 Oct 2022 13:52

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 02 Oct 2022 21:35 hopefully, maybe we even get the MAN but i dont have high hopes for it
Its actually surprising we havent had any trucks since like early or mid last year (xg). I dont think we've had any truck updates either, thats closing in on a year and a half with nothing truck related. I would be a bit surprised if there wasnt a new truck or a scania update or something to be honest. Full neglect on the europe side that im sure scs is very aware of. I get they were working hard in ats to get manufacturer varieties so im not mad as I play both but I have love for both types of trucks. It could be a truck they havent even teased (normally along with real life tho). They do that sometimes. I have a gut feeling the MAN might be a bit further along then some seem to think.
55sixxx

#97 Post by 55sixxx » 04 Oct 2022 13:56

The last truck addition/update was the NGD XF, FTS and FTN chassis in December 2021 (Which was said to be expected in Autumn 2021 and SCS did released in Autumn but at the last possible days).

Also, the only known truck still un-released IRL is the new Actros facelift that was posted in the Next Truck Speculation thread and I don't see it releasing this year. All the others have been out and about for quite a while now and we still have no traces of them being in-game, which like you said, is a total neglection imo (Although we never know how things are behind the scenes, so we can't judge much).
Vk56dehan

#98 Post by Vk56dehan » 04 Oct 2022 14:08

55sixxx wrote: 04 Oct 2022 13:56 The last truck addition/update was the NGD XF, FTS and FTN chassis in December 2021 (Which was said to be expected in Autumn 2021 and SCS did released in Autumn but at the last possible days).

Also, the only known truck still un-released IRL is the new Actros facelift that was posted in the Next Truck Speculation thread and I don't see it releasing this year. All the others have been out and about for quite a while now and we still have no traces of them being in-game, which like you said, is a total neglection imo (Although we never know how things are behind the scenes, so we can't judge much).
Oh ya I forgot about the xf/xg update, I knew there was something. Idk what is up with iveco, unfortunate. NA volvo and merc seems to be on ok terms, hopefully that bleeds over. I wonder, and would bet, if now that scs has been using cad files recently and dramatically increased the quality and accuracy of the truck they've decided that will be the only way to do it from now on. Maybe some of these manufacturers missing are unwilling to hand them over.
55sixxx

#99 Post by 55sixxx » 04 Oct 2022 14:15

Afaik, they use both photometric and cad files... Because if they were only originated from cad, they wouldn't bother going to the manufacturer's plant like Feldbinder and NA Volvo and take those 3d picture references.

Counting off the TGX, we still have yet to see something from the FH5, Actros 5 and S-Way. And the ones that need a new truck the most are both Iveco and Volvo... I'd go with Volvo first since they have a much much larger fanbase.
Vk56dehan

#100 Post by Vk56dehan » 04 Oct 2022 14:36

55sixxx wrote: 04 Oct 2022 14:15 Afaik, they use both photometric and cad files... Because if they were only originated from cad, they wouldn't bother going to the manufacturer's plant like Feldbinder and NA Volvo and take those 3d picture references.

Counting off the TGX, we still have yet to see something from the FH5, Actros 5 and S-Way. And the ones that need a new truck the most are both Iveco and Volvo... I'd go with Volvo first since they have a much much larger fanbase.
I obviously want all of them fairly equal. Im an odd one though, I would want the merc over volvo. Personally just dont really like the volvo interior or display. Love the outside though. My list of desire would be man- S way (for variety sake)- merc- volvo with scania update thrown in.

Return to “General discussion about the game”