[REL/WIP] Arnook's Container Pack - ATS Edition (V9 ~ 12/04/2024 ~ 1.49)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Arnook

Re: [REL/WIP] Arnook's Container Pack - ATS Edition (V5 ~ 15/08/2022 ~ 1.41-1.45)

#141 Post by Arnook » 17 Aug 2022 12:08

thank you everybody for the nice words

@Carfreak200 Glad you like the mod, to your questions :

- the 53ft isn't in the traffic because the base game 53ft wasn't in the traffic either so I chose not to go that way. I suppose it's just too long for the AI to properly handle
- Sadly the containers aren't available for flatbeds or stepdecks, that's just the way SCS chose to do it. I could technically add them to the mod, but it would require modifying the base trailers and I don't have those skills. I hoped the Lode King DLC would have that option but sadly not...
- About the AI Train Add-On : first of all, i'm not the one developing it. @KrysEmlyn graciously offered it to me, it's his work, so he'll be the one that can do anything about that.
Also : i already thought about reskinning the train containers as well as the "decoration"/prefab ones but that would require quite a lot of effort from my side for an overall result that might be sketchy considering the quality of the 3d model of those containers (you can put a bow on a pig but it stays a pig).
I also thought about replacing the models by the ones from the mod (both 3D + skins) but i'm afraid that it would have a big toll on game performance considering how often those containers can appear in some locations (train yards, container ports, etc.) and the polycount of some of the containers in the mod.

BTW : all skin thumbnails have now been replaced by gifs in the first thread
Carfreak200

Re: [REL/WIP] Arnook's Container Pack - ATS Edition (V5 ~ 15/08/2022 ~ 1.41-1.45)

#142 Post by Carfreak200 » 17 Aug 2022 18:00

I completely understand. Thank you so much for the quick response. Hopefully SCS adds the ability to haul containers on flat beds and stepdecks soon enough.

To @KrysEmlyn, would it be possible for you to replace all the standard SCS box containers with the ones from this mod like I mentioned in my previous post.

To your final point @Arnook, I believe that any upgrade to the decoration containers would be worth it. Currently, I believe the Real Companies Revival Project has updated the branded containers to real ones but the quality of the skinning is not great. So maybe you can recruit someone to do a reskinning or remodeling of those containers if it's not something you personally want to handle but want to include in the mod. As I think that would be a huge win for the game.
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
KrysEmlyn

#143 Post by KrysEmlyn » 18 Aug 2022 04:05

I'll be compiling updates for both ATS and ETS2 for the train addons I've been developing using Arnook's containers this weekend.
I've been busy working 6 days a week at my job lately and trying to enjoy the Montana DLC since it released.

As for replacing the default container cars for the trains, I'm hesitant to do so because of how those vehicle models are used elsewhere in the game.
The SCS container cars have the containers as part of the physical train car model and have various looks/variants assigned.
My custom container cars are using hookup locators and custom defined model hookups to place the containers into the train cars.
As such, if I replace the game's models with mine, there will be lots of errors about missing looks/variants and the possibility of crashing your game when the game tries to load the models and cannot find the data it is looking for.
So, I'd rather avoid such issues and not replace the game's default models with mine.
Carfreak200

#144 Post by Carfreak200 » 18 Aug 2022 07:35

KrysEmlyn wrote: 18 Aug 2022 04:05 I'll be compiling updates for both ATS and ETS2 for the train addons I've been developing using Arnook's containers this weekend.
I've been busy working 6 days a week at my job lately and trying to enjoy the Montana DLC since it released.

As for replacing the default container cars for the trains, I'm hesitant to do so because of how those vehicle models are used elsewhere in the game.
The SCS container cars have the containers as part of the physical train car model and have various looks/variants assigned.
My custom container cars are using hookup locators and custom defined model hookups to place the containers into the train cars.
As such, if I replace the game's models with mine, there will be lots of errors about missing looks/variants and the possibility of crashing your game when the game tries to load the models and cannot find the data it is looking for.
So, I'd rather avoid such issues and not replace the game's default models with mine.
I completely understand and I thank you for explaining so well. I look forward to future updates to your mod addon in the future
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
Jarrad

#145 Post by Jarrad » 21 Aug 2022 09:01

Is there any chance of making the ISO tanks heavier than 30k?

or is that determined by another mod?
Arnook

Re: [REL/WIP] Arnook's Container Pack - ATS Edition (V5 ~ 23/08/2022 ~ 1.41-1.45)

#146 Post by Arnook » 23 Aug 2022 16:25

@Jarrad Yes, I will take a look at it for the future updates.
Meanwhile you can adjust the "mass" value in : def/cargo/tankconti.sui

The AI Train Add-On has been updated with the new 40ft Open Top containers along with some other fixes

Thanks again to Krys Emlyn !

Check the first post

EDIT : 19:44 (french time) I have replaced the link of the newest version of the AI Train Add-On with a fixed version, the previous one was bugged by my mistake. Please redownload
ATLANTIK7773

Re: [REL/WIP] Arnook's Container Pack - ATS Edition (V5 ~ 23/08/2022 ~ 1.41-1.45)

#147 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 24 Aug 2022 10:03

Arnook good afternoon!
After updating the AI Train Add-on.
I got an error in the log.
Error.png
game.log.txt
(148.79 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Need help! Thanks in advance!
Arnook

#148 Post by Arnook » 24 Aug 2022 10:58

@ATLANTIK7773 Do you use the latest version of the AI Train Add-On ? Please redownload and try with the newest version
(See my message above : I updated the link to a fixed version yesterday evening after spotting some mistakes, maybe you downloaded the first version)
ATLANTIK7773

#149 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 24 Aug 2022 11:02

Thanks for the information, now I tried to roll it, put the old version of the errors, no, the log is clean. I'll try it now!
Arnook

#150 Post by Arnook » 24 Aug 2022 17:51

You are right, sadly the error still seems to be in the latest version.

DEAR USERS : PLEASE REVERT BACK TO THE FIRST VERSION OF THE AI TRAIN ADD-ON (from May 23rd) WHILE THE BUG GETS FIXED

Sorry for the inconvenience

Return to “Skins”