Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

danN

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

#81 Post by danN » 08 Nov 2021 10:18

Any news about it?

I also own a DFGT and in the last patch compared to the previous ones my steering wheel had the typical vibration when starting the engine.
Everything was working properly. Now the Terrain surface, Bumps and Collisions options appear deactivated for me and there is no way to activate them. I have reset to defaults to the steering wheel options, including those of the Logitech Profiler and there is no solution.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.
TheTiger

#82 Post by TheTiger » 08 Nov 2021 11:52

As I can see now, they are using driving force GT LUT from Assetto Corsa. :lol: Nice try SCS, far from perfect but still better than before.

Personal thoughts. I tried a custom LUT made by myself and managed to get rid of that dead zone in the middle, so clearly my steering wheel was not broken. BUT, it's pretty obvious that physics-based FFB doesn't work in your SCS game, because most likely, physics doesn't work correctly now. If I want smoothness in the middle, the steering wheel will shake quite a lot. If I use your LUT (from AC), the steering will stop, but it will have dead force feedback in middle and that lock.

In conclusion, you can't have both (smooth in the middle and suspension without shaking) at the moment, no matter how hard you will try.
Space_Night

#83 Post by Space_Night » 09 Nov 2021 11:08

Well it's still a little clunky, so have resorted to using the logitech return spring and zeroing all the ffb settings.
Space_Night

#84 Post by Space_Night » 10 Nov 2021 16:32

Update: with the settings zeroed and relying on my logitech hub to load up the steering during turns I have noticed less lag when using the steering induced camera rotation.

LOGITECH USERS
ZERO EVERYTHING and set spring centering to 9% in your wheel software

Is this lag known about??
kingoko

#85 Post by kingoko » 12 Nov 2021 22:39

so any fix for logitech comin?
I want to play Wyoming guys, fix that random skips left-right when driving. It was so smooth before patch. Also i want back that stromg ffb when driving fast and tourning, not only strong ffb when driving below 20km/h. No option in-game can set it.
Click here to check my profile :arrow:
No mods, no cheats, no console :P

ETS2: lvl136, achiev: 63/75, dlc 63/72, steam items 79/83
ATS: lvl86, achiev: 70/70, dlc 23/23, steam items 52/53
Space_Night

#86 Post by Space_Night » 13 Nov 2021 01:53

@kingoko zero everything on the sliders, then go to your G-hub and turn on the centering spring, select "centering spring on force feed back games" then go back into your game and drive. I was running a near 3 hour stream like that today and the wheel felt perfect
kingoko

#87 Post by kingoko » 13 Nov 2021 18:26

And that must be a solution? wow
I want that strong force when turning at high speed, also i want slightly feel the engine like before. Also feel bumps, colision and terrain.
And you tell me to turn everything off?
I got xbox pad maybe i should use it instead?

dengor

#88 Post by dengor » 13 Nov 2021 18:53

AlexTradeaux36 wrote: 20 Oct 2021 19:40 @Truckdrivr up to version 1.41 Logitech wheels worked fine in SCS games.
Dear, my old G25 works just fine right now at new 1.42. And in your video i can't see any REAL throubles. The wheel behave as it was built. Literally all games have that behavior and it's NOT GAME ISSUE. Reduce overall FFB down to 0 and you will get the same behavior as in previous game's version, I sure. (but that functionality miles away from NORMAL FFB)

Anyway, you can install FFB plugin from Supric (viewtopic.php?f=109&t=49772) and get the best, ignore SCS. (if you will not like that also, nobody will help you)
kingoko

#89 Post by kingoko » 13 Nov 2021 19:08

You are wrong.
Earlier wheel worked smoothly, you could move it like 1 milimeter, now there are some kinda random skips left and right like 1 cm move. It feel strange and unnatural. Also no strong ffb when driving fast, only when driving below 20km/h or starting. If you reduce it so starting and driving slow feel not so strong then driving 70 km/h it feels no force like using some cheap supermarket wheel. Also some blockages when switching from reverso to 1st gear and vice versa.
Some minimal solution, reduce everything hahaa, come on i want minimal feel of engine vibration and bumps, and strong ffb but without that random skips, and that random left-right auto move.
And it beheave like that only in ets/ats, every single game i tested (well not many to be fair) got well working, smooth ffb.

dengor

#90 Post by dengor » 13 Nov 2021 19:38

kingoko wrote: 13 Nov 2021 19:08 now there are some kinda random skips left and right like 1 cm move
Where that skips? In the central zone? It's feature of Logitech wheels. You have the choice: void in the center without any FFB (by Logitech default) or some kind of LUT corrections to avoid the void there. I prefer the second. It cause some kind of noises but it's no real throuble in the games like this. For about weak FFB at the speed I think trucking is not the subject where you can really feel that (or you will flip over). And I think FFB force at the speed is quite normal in the game.

Return to “Bugs 1.42”