Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

Space_Night

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

#71 Post by Space_Night » 01 Nov 2021 07:56

Its normal, dial the gain down like my second video
wujek600kv

#72 Post by wujek600kv » 01 Nov 2021 09:18

Space_Night wrote: 01 Nov 2021 07:56 Its normal, dial the gain down like my second video
So presets from Your second film are correct for logitech wheels ,? Show settings your logitech profiler too
Space_Night

#73 Post by Space_Night » 01 Nov 2021 09:56

I'm at work at the moment but if I can work out how to get that menu up I will try to post them.

I've not touched the profiler since I got the g29
Space_Night

#74 Post by Space_Night » 01 Nov 2021 10:22

No but I know how things feel when driving around and in the second video there are no issues. It's not a bug with the games new physics based FFB, more so the sensitivity turned up too high.

So unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on which way we look at it, we're going to have to adapt to the new engine, just like we did with the lighting engine in 1.40 as there is probably nothing that can be done.

My wheel has a slack spot now in the middle presumably because of play in the mechanism, and you can have the best coders in the world do something, they won't be able to iron out mechanism variances such as play in the cogs.
kingoko

#75 Post by kingoko » 01 Nov 2021 16:18

How SCS coders can't do anything with it? All other games somehow menaged that, also before patch too.

Anyway here how it looks like, i will not talk about strange left-right auto wheel move, that was adressed earlier.
Other problem is, when i drive very slowly like 20km/h and less you need too much force to turn wheel imo, but when you drive faster like 80km/h and you turn sharper corner there is too low ffb. Previously with high speed and a bit shrper curve there was that nice feeling to use more force when turning.
Now i can decrease overal gain so driving slowly it will be easier to turn but damn meantime driving fast and each curve it feels like there is no ffb at all turned on.
Also when stopin, switching from 1gear to reverse when you got wheels turned there is some ffb blockade for a second.
Also that wibling left-right, you can handle with it turnin off engine vibration but hey i liked and wanted to use very subtle vibration feel.
Not sure if i express corrctly, not anglophone.
Anyway got no desire to play last days :(
Click here to check my profile :arrow:
No mods, no cheats, no console :P

ETS2: lvl136, achiev: 63/75, dlc 63/72, steam items 79/83
ATS: lvl86, achiev: 70/70, dlc 23/23, steam items 52/53
xXCARL1992Xx

#76 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Nov 2021 16:25

people should srsly forget any mechanical play in the steering wheels, if you dont have a deadzone when the wheel is turned of and it turns in every direction the same it is the FFB that is at fault here, especially for belt driven FFB or even direct driver, there cant be such a deadzone, those people never have witnessed what a real "deadzone" is with gears :person_facepalming:

the gears in the G29/920, and presumably also the G923, are so fine you dont even notice it, i can turn my wheel left, right and center and there is NO DEADZONE, this is the FFB SCS implemented that has a deadzone near the center NOT the wheels so SCS has to readjust here, they should have some G27/29s in the office to test it or ask they emplyess to bring in their wheels to test even if it is only a DFGT wheel from logitech
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Space_Night

#77 Post by Space_Night » 01 Nov 2021 17:39

"Other problem is, when i drive very slowly like 20km/h and less you need too much force to turn wheel imo, but when you drive faster like 80km/h and you turn sharper corner there is too low ffb. "
well as I drive for a living, (Volvo FM 26t truck) the steering does get lighter the faster you travel although it *should* load up and get stiffer the farther off centre you go.

"Also when stopin, switching from 1gear to reverse when you got wheels turned there is some ffb blockade for a second."
I have noticed this but never thought it to be a bug, you have to give it a bit more of a push then it frees itself - sometimes occurs going reverse to first

as for the vibration settings, I turned them down along with terrain as the FFB used to rattle my mouse across the table with the old physics. (not fun when your charging down a dirt road to the bottom of the Stein quarry in Glasgow and your PoV is moving)
wujek600kv wrote: 01 Nov 2021 09:18
So presets from Your second film are correct for logitech wheels ,? Show settings your logitech profiler too

[ external image ]
and slowly dialing in the FFB to something usable. Once you get used to the feel its not too bad, just kicks now and then through the FFB so dialed out down the centering forces and it seems to have gone away, the proof will be at LKW in Maribor (slovenija???) when I come to reverse park onto a bay. Still tries to hold onto a turn imput when I am going from forwards to reverse or vise versa, I have to give it a bit of gentle pursuasion, but its coming (slowly), yo ujust have to mess with the sliders
[ external image ]

Ive thrown the switch over from PS4 to PS3, seems to have had some effect, so Im gonna leave it at that I think, there is a bit of resistance, and a very slight centering sensation with the wheel. (you can't let it go and it will do a full auto centre, BUT it doesn't oscilate, and has some feel to it, its just not very weighty)
Space_Night

#78 Post by Space_Night » 03 Nov 2021 18:52

we had a small game update today so flicked the switch back fromk PS3 to PS4, after a crash (probably caused by throwing the switch mid game or perhaps hopping from a non promods profile to a promods profile, restarting the game, the force feed back on my G29 feels different than the other day.

anyone else noticed this or is it me imagining things? it feels less clunky and a smite smoother, smoother enough to make me consider sliding the terrain slider up
bjorn324

#79 Post by bjorn324 » 03 Nov 2021 19:18

my solution with Logitech Driving Force GT is putting Internal friction to 80-100%. After adjust other sliders to my liking.

Now movement when going straight is manageable.
Space_Night

#80 Post by Space_Night » 03 Nov 2021 19:33

Yet when I did that with my g29 if felt clunky and with gain up it had a mind of its own

Return to “Bugs 1.42”