[REL] Mack R Series....Superliner

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
jackwi

Re: [REL] Mack R Series....Superliner

#261 Post by jackwi » 16 Jan 2023 19:59

Ishlen wrote: 16 Jan 2023 19:17
jackwi wrote: 16 Jan 2023 17:28
Look if you have no sound then you will have a mod problem, I have both the Mack R and the Mack Superliner with engine noise so no problem at all. maybe you need to get a newer version of your engine. or uninstall everything and then reinstall. But at least it's not the Mack Superliner. you must of course have the V2 version of the Mack Superliner
Sorry, but nope. I tested it in a clean profile and the samem problem did occur. So, please stop saying nonsense. Also you obviously dont have much clue about what you talking about sorry but im not taking your word as proof lmao.
Lol well I'm just saying that I do have sound so it's not the Mack Superliner, and if you know better then your Superliner would have sound by now right?
but good luck I would say I will continue to enjoy the Mack Superliner
Ishlen

#262 Post by Ishlen » 16 Jan 2023 21:05

Im pretty sure you didnt even try to use both in the same game session, then you will realize what im talking about. Use the Mack R, and once you have done a delivery with it, use the superliner. Then you will see. And reached this point, i really dont care, im getting used to unpolished mods anyways. Sad but its how it is. And in any moment i said i CANT use the superliner. if i want to (as long as i dont touch the Mack R). You just didnt understand the problem. But whatever.
ToastyToaster

#263 Post by ToastyToaster » 17 Jan 2023 03:20

For me, deleting just the Mack noises .bank files in the Superliner files seemed to stop the issue of interior sounds not loading for whatever Mack I used second. It was designed to be standalone from the Mack R so of course there could've been issues if you use both at the same time.

I love using this truck. Dieling did an amazing job on it, especially with the V2 update.
Fury6

#264 Post by Fury6 » 17 Jan 2023 13:09

That doesn't really solve anything because the sound banks are at different paths - so you've stopped the game throwing duplicate bank errors, sure, but you now have the Superliner permanently missing the sounds (not a total disaster really, but still) from the Mack noises bank.

Better solution would be to just re-path the sound bank references in the .soundref files from:
.../cabin

& the Mack noises specific .soundref file references in the sounds.sui file from:
.../interior

You can either point them to the Mack R paths, or if you want the truck to be independent of the Mack R mod then point them to the SCS defaults (half of them already are).
--

Better yet would be for Dieling to update the noises bank for the Superliner, so here's hoping he's paying attention :)
---
Let's see... take-offs = landings, it's been an ok day.
ToastyToaster

#265 Post by ToastyToaster » 19 Jan 2023 00:30

Oop, yeah, you're right. I forgot I had already changed the interior sounds.sui to point to the Mack R's bank in an earlier attempt to mitigate the issue. Forgot about the cabin .soundrefs though, but copying them over from the R should be an easy fix. Thanks for pointing that out!
Ishlen

#266 Post by Ishlen » 19 Jan 2023 18:06

ToastyToaster wrote: 17 Jan 2023 03:20 For me, deleting just the Mack noises .bank files in the Superliner files seemed to stop the issue of interior sounds not loading for whatever Mack I used second. It was designed to be standalone from the Mack R so of course there could've been issues if you use both at the same time.

I love using this truck. Dieling did an amazing job on it, especially with the V2 update.
Hm, i dont think that could work because as the other guy said, the mod is already pointing to the specific path of the mod looking for the sounds.

As i said, i didnt see anywhere that this mod is incompatible with the regular Mack R. If it is, then it is not compatible then its not a bug, of course its made on purpose.
But a really bad practice in modding is to reuse assets instead making duplicates with DIFFERENT names and references. Some modders apparently still have this fail.
If you just rename the superliner banks and change the references that will make the superliner completely independent. But i guess at this point that is too much work.
Fury6

#267 Post by Fury6 » 22 Jan 2023 11:42

Simply renaming the banks will achieve *nothing*, it doesn't matter what they're named they're *still* duplicate banks - they still reference duplicated GUIDs, which then no longer makes them *globally unique*, (sigh).
---
Ishlen

#268 Post by Ishlen » 23 Jan 2023 05:22

Fury6 wrote: 22 Jan 2023 11:42 Simply renaming the banks will achieve *nothing*, it doesn't matter what they're named they're *still* duplicate banks - they still reference duplicated GUIDs, which then no longer makes them *globally unique*, (sigh).
Thats why i said you also need to modify the references in each gui file and such. Apparently you didnt bother to read. Lets hope the author didnt abandon this mod and he can make the proper changes in the next version (if there is a next version...).
Fury6

#269 Post by Fury6 » 24 Jan 2023 06:41

Renaming the banks won't work, period. Doubling down on it isn't going to change that.

Its time for this discussion to stop and leave it to the modder to change it or not.
---
Bicycle_Cop

#270 Post by Bicycle_Cop » 09 Feb 2023 02:25

Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to add more versions of the DIY mudflaps. I was trying to duplicate them so I could have a second option so that I could have one side reversed for my mudflaps, but it seems that the texture path is stored in the model files as opposed to a def, so I'm a bit unsure how to make another version from them.

Return to “Trucks”