[REL] Mack R Series....Superliner

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Burbon

Re: [REL] Mack R Series....Superliner

#251 Post by Burbon » 19 Dec 2022 23:45

The truck is great, especially with new sleeper! However, could you consider making few more accessory pins to put more things into the sleper? Like to holes in cabinets.
Benthetrainfan01

#252 Post by Benthetrainfan01 » 21 Dec 2022 09:27

The mod does not show up at the dealer for my part, any way this can be fixed?
Fury6

#253 Post by Fury6 » 25 Dec 2022 10:19

There's nothing to fix (with this mod), something is going wrong with your profile somewhere (ie. mod conflict; map mods etc.).

Couple things to try before taking your profile apart - if you have at least three trucks owned already you can use the 'Buy Online' (or whatever it's exactly labelled) button, see if it shows up there

and/or

Try the 'Access Mod Dealer' (again, exact label notwithstanding) button.
---
Let's see... take-offs = landings, it's been an ok day.
PikPikker

#254 Post by PikPikker » 03 Jan 2023 05:35

Two things about this awesome truck..

1) Most painjobs are applied incorrectly in the interior - I mean, the stripes are in the incorrect position on the hood when you use the interior camera.

2) I would like to see the short 8x4 chassis for the day cab - I'm sure I saw it on some real Mack trucks. (4x2 would be a nice idea too)
Ishlen

#255 Post by Ishlen » 13 Jan 2023 01:05

Fury6 wrote: 25 Dec 2022 10:19 There's nothing to fix (with this mod),
There is a problem with the soundbanks. Apparently the mod is using the same one as the mack r or another truck that is also using it. Once you use the Mack R, if you try to use the superliner, all the sounds are gone.

So yes, there IS something to fix.
jackwi

#256 Post by jackwi » 13 Jan 2023 22:15

place the truck on the top
Ishlen

#257 Post by Ishlen » 14 Jan 2023 01:40

jackwi wrote: 13 Jan 2023 22:15 place the truck on the top
That wont fix anything. The same sound bank can be only used by one mod. I didnt properly test it but my suspicion is that in the same game session you can either only use the mack r or the mack superliner. The soundbank is loaded and it stays loaded until the end.. The fix i guess would be to rename the soundbanks and modify the proper definitions. Or to make this mod NOT compatible with the Mack R, then the author should specify that in the description.
Fury6

#258 Post by Fury6 » 16 Jan 2023 12:43

Ishlen wrote: 13 Jan 2023 01:05
Fury6 wrote: 25 Dec 2022 10:19 There's nothing to fix (with this mod),
[...]
So yes, there IS something to fix.
There are two sound banks common to both mods, one is the E6 engine bank and the other is the Mack noises bank. I DO, as it happens (I should have double-checked before posting), also get duplicated bank conflicts however only for the noises bank not the E6 bank and have all engine sounds (and other sounds not provided by the noises bank) for both trucks.

Looking at the two common banks, the Superliner's E6 bank is modified, only the Mack noises banks are identical. So at least as far as the Mack noises bank is concerned, you are indeed correct and Dieling should update this bank.

Also, for me at least, the Superliner is always the one that loses the sounds, doesn't matter which truck I try to use first in a given session, (nor the mod load order, for that matter). [edit: Disregard, I forgot to exit fully out of the game between checks]

Regardless, the Superliner does indeed need an update for the Mack noises bank, at the least.
--

P.S.
Just renaming the bank won't cut it.
---
Let's see... take-offs = landings, it's been an ok day.
jackwi

#259 Post by jackwi » 16 Jan 2023 17:28

Ishlen wrote: 14 Jan 2023 01:40
jackwi wrote: 13 Jan 2023 22:15 place the truck on the top
That wont fix anything. The same sound bank can be only used by one mod. I didnt properly test it but my suspicion is that in the same game session you can either only use the mack r or the mack superliner. The soundbank is loaded and it stays loaded until the end.. The fix i guess would be to rename the soundbanks and modify the proper definitions. Or to make this mod NOT compatible with the Mack R, then the author should specify that in the description.
Look if you have no sound then you will have a mod problem, I have both the Mack R and the Mack Superliner with engine noise so no problem at all. maybe you need to get a newer version of your engine. or uninstall everything and then reinstall. But at least it's not the Mack Superliner. you must of course have the V2 version of the Mack Superliner
Ishlen

#260 Post by Ishlen » 16 Jan 2023 19:17

jackwi wrote: 16 Jan 2023 17:28
Look if you have no sound then you will have a mod problem, I have both the Mack R and the Mack Superliner with engine noise so no problem at all. maybe you need to get a newer version of your engine. or uninstall everything and then reinstall. But at least it's not the Mack Superliner. you must of course have the V2 version of the Mack Superliner
Sorry, but nope. I tested it in a clean profile and the samem problem did occur. So, please stop saying nonsense. Also you obviously dont have much clue about what you talking about sorry but im not taking your word as proof lmao.

Return to “Trucks”