ATS 1.43 Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: ATS 1.43 Discussion Thread

#511 Post by flight50 » 02 Jan 2022 12:32

Yep, another bday will roll around for ATS. Would be nice for ATS to get something for its bday. Lode King or 9900i would work for me.
Tristman

#512 Post by Tristman » 02 Jan 2022 13:29

I think they usually only do stuff for the anniversary of the game if it's a significant amount. Last year the game was 5 years old, and we got the 4x2 and 8x4/8x6 chassis options.
With 6 years, I don't know if they will do anything.

Much more significant though (at least if Wikipedia is correct), is that SCS Software celebrates its 25 year anniversary this year. That might be a good reason to give ATS (and ETS2) a nice surprise.
flight50

#513 Post by flight50 » 02 Jan 2022 14:06

25th anniversary is neither games bday though. Sounds like a paint skin, WOT event, Steam discount or simple appreciation blog to me for a SCS anniversary. A game’s bday is more of a reason to do something exclusive for that game. You reward fans for their support for the game. I bet more people would purchase or appreciate game bday than SCS anniversary.

The chassis update was great. Maybe they can fix the cable pogo stick for the 6th bday. We still don’t have a fix for that. Maybe a tuning pack finally or Michigan tire pack.some new though works best. I just think a trailer or new truck would do the most for fans.
LATrucker

#514 Post by LATrucker » 02 Jan 2022 14:20

The Copyright on the Homepage says: "Copyright © 1996 – 2022 SCS Software s.r.o." but the Title of the Website "Simulation games development since 1997".
Since we didn't get a blog post regarding an anniversary last year (At least I don't remember any) we maybe get one this year..

But I think so too, most probably we "only" get some of the things flight50 mentioned.
But a successful release of the bigger projects in SCS history HoR and Texas in 2022 would certainly be a nice present for SCS and the fans... :)
supersobes
Global moderator

#515 Post by supersobes » 02 Jan 2022 15:04

SCS celebrated their 20th anniversary in November 2017 around the same time the New Mexico DLC released. If they were going to do something for 25 years, I assume it will also be this November.
flight50

#516 Post by flight50 » 02 Jan 2022 16:32

Yeah and November is a lonnnng ways away from February. I don't see the point of skipping ATS bday for something releasing, showcased, w.i.p....something. History of ATS was done once awhile back. I think that was like year 3 or 4. I wouldn't bother with history until after 2022 once Texas and Montana hit. So the 7th bday, ATS should have 1/3 of the US done. I remember ETS2 got recognition on its 7th bday iirc. In 2023, I'll take an "Under the Hood" blog for Texas. Assuming that Texas is Nov/Dec of this year. HoR should come out Q1 this year so ATS can take Nov or Dec for Texas. Give Montana the Summer slot this year. That gives the devs more time to work on Texas. There is no rush to get Texas out for Summer. Less to do with Montana so pushing it forward does make sense to me.

If Texas is ready for SCS's 25 anniversary in Nov, I agree with @LATrucker that would be a nice present. Just in time for the Xmas event and a huge way to help promote Texas and everything that comes with it like hopefully tankers and other goodies. We don't know the scope of HoR yet, but we know the borders of Texas and it sounds like its the largest project ever at this time. HoR would have to be larger than Texas area wise and content wise to be the larger project. Texas is going on 3 years production now this Jan/Feb. If it releases Nov/Dec for this year, it will be just shy of a 4 year project. That is a lot of attention. I hope its successful for SCS's sake which is why I always said not to rush it, delay it when necessary but it can't be remedied with bugs and lack of content. Fill up the state with as much content as possible. It needs to have its price justify if people are going to pay ETS2 prices for it. No way Texas is the same as current ATS dlc's. Minimize the room for criticism for Texas. The more polished, the more detailed, the more NEW Texas feels, the more successful it will be. Too much copy paste will get pointed out like a sore thumb. So yeah a 25th year anniversary for the largest ever dlc could work. That would be a nice target actually.

[ external image ]
howey

#517 Post by howey » 03 Jan 2022 09:47

Don't really see ATS getting any sort of special treatment on it's release birthday this year, surprises yeah on projects already been hinted, teased or mentioned but nothing over the top. All focus would be on perhaps the company as said above on 25 years but also ETS 2 which has it's 10th birthday this year in October.

@flight50 as much as I would want it to happen I don't think they would release Montana before Texas now after mentioning Texas first otherwise they should of done what I would of like them to of done and mention Montana first and box the map off evenly before heading more east. I still say a mid year release of Texas in which the blogs for Texas will start becoming more often between now and release i suspect and I hope a end of year release for Montana but I'm not too confident still atm if Montana will make it this year or not. They say that have already accomplished a bit on Montana but from what I gather it's sounds like there rushing a little with the project to meet a deadline this year. What you guys say about them taking there time with Texas and not rushing it because of criticism if they do has the same effect for me when it's comes to Montana because I'm more interested in Montana then I am Texas especially having research a bit about Montana itself with it's industries, road network, landmarks etc so I I'm looking at at least at certain criteria they meet when they release Montana and god forbid it's not another Idaho.

At this rate rate the only thing that would make me buy Texas on release is if they bring a bit of new style cargoes especially if they are from the key/new industries they mentioned otherwise i'll hold out till when Montana comes instead which could be awhile for me since I won't be getting HOR for ETS 2 since I have no interest in exploring Russia especially in it's corridor form that's it's looking like......
flight50

#518 Post by flight50 » 03 Jan 2022 15:44

@howey Did you get a chance to watch the xmas stream from a couple weeks ago? Pavel spoke on Texas & Montana potential for release. Its very possible that Montana can go ahead. Pavel explained it pretty well. Texas is taking much longer than expected is what Pavel said. He also mentioned that they are trying to get something else (Montana) up to speed to offset Texas. He doesn't want Texas being the only focus as we'd have nothing after it. So Montana is getting up to speed. You'd have to watch the stream to understand it all though. The California blog also mentioned that more people are coming in January.

Montana is no Texas. It will take wayyy less time to develop though. 2/3 of Montana is very easy to map. Texas has like 30 plus cities to map. 6 of them are in the top 25 in the US. 3 of them in the top 10. So there is a huge difference in dev time between the 2. Wyoming took 10 months. 12 will testing and bug fixes. Montana could take 12-13 and add a month or so of testing and bug fixes. Montana won't be rushed. 70% of it is terrain and landscaping. With a solid amount of people working it, each person can handle 4-5 sectors perhaps. Its much further along than most people would have imagined considering Wyoming just released with the pics shown on the xmas stream. Eventually it will get blogged.
SmokeyWolf

#519 Post by SmokeyWolf » 03 Jan 2022 15:50

@flight50 I am pretty sure Montana has been worked on since Wyoming if my assumption is correct. Would rather Montana come before Texas to be honest. That would give the 11 western states which a lot of west coast based companies regional division consist of and a boxed map.
flight50

#520 Post by flight50 » 03 Jan 2022 16:03

^Full production, no. Montana did not get work while Wyoming was worked on. The Wyoming team is the Montana Team. Now preliminary work, yes. They can get some things started for Montana before the full production team kicks in. When Wyoming finished, that is when full production for the next dlc starts, not before. A small portion of a team (once their task are done on their current project), they can move over to start preliminary work for the next dlc in line. That is how SCS works.

Return to “General discussion about the game”