Cruiseliner
2%
Transtar
5%

Total votes: 885

flight50

Out of Production Truck Wishlist

#1 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2021 17:39

Please read before posting comments on the intent of this thread. This thread is a spin off from this post I recently made here over in the "Next Truck Speculation" thread. Seems as though several people would love to have a bit of history in ATS. We talk about Classics and out of production trucks a lot so to not clutter up the "Next ATS truck" speculation thread anymore, this thread is more of wishlist thread and for fun..........just in case SCS ever entertains old trucks. With games like Mudrunner, Snowrunner and Farming Simulator all having licensed older trucks, manufacturers are not saying no. Its the community that keeps saying...SCS is only doing in production trucks or SCS won't do old trucks. SCS has neither said yes or no either. The problem is the higher priority on modern trucks and the low bandwidth for SCS. Sure the manufacturers have a say in this but at the same time, they are not turning down other games. Money talks. Are manufacturers asking for too much for licenses, are references an an issue, is it bandwidth? Could be a combination of everything. We never got that LB so we'll never know. Its a touchy subject for SCS though.

At some point, SCS will have to mix things up as people don't just want modern day aero dynamic trucks. Having a bit of history in garages is cool. People are making mods for the game anyways so might as well make some money and make them official. Manufacturers are granting licenses for them for other game. For SCS, it makes sense for these out of production trucks to be paid imho. If you don't want to pay for them....don't buy them. Play with the available trucks. They are not core content and not required to play. With all the efforts they'd have to go thru in order to pull this off, many of us are willing to pay. Not everyone plays with mods and its becoming more and more tedious to wait for updates. What about people that don't play with mods that might want (x) model? Vanilla content is best. Let the devs handle manintenancing models. Many people would rather let SCS manage that part so that they will always work when they update day one or once an update goes public. We get enough things for free and out of production trucks can be part of the income tree just like so many other things can be.

So with that said, this will be a poll for your favorite out of production trucks. There will only be 5 options available though since the poll amount has increased from 10. This poll will be a lot slower with updates and will only be modified when current models go discontinued and/or more options that more people like are mentioned. I won't claim to know all old models (so correct me if I'm wrong) at all so the most popular models will be part of the polls as you all mention them. I'll give this thread some time to accumulate a truck roster. I believe we can now have 15 slots for polls so lets max this bad boy out. There are a ton of North American trucks that fit this poll well. So once we have a good roster, I can start the poll. Remember, this is for fun so until SCS acknowledges we'll get one of these, don't expect this poll to be realistically coming to ATS. But it is a reminder for SCS on where the love lies with the community.

Freightliner Trucks
old Cascadia
[ external image ]

Century C120
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Classic XL
[ external image ]

Columbia CL120
[ external image ]

Coronado 132
[ external image ]

FLA
[ external image ]

FLB
[ external image ]

FLC
[ external image ]

FLD
[ external image ]

International Trucks
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

9900i Arrived March 22, 2022
[ external image ]

Kenworth Trucks
K100
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

T600
[ external image ]

T660
[ external image ]

T2000
[ external image ]

Mack Trucks

CH
[ external image ]

CHU
[ external image ]

CXN
[ external image ]

Mack R
[ external image ]

Superliner
[ external image ]

Titan
[ external image ]

Peterbilt Trucks
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

386/387
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Volvo Trucks
VNL - gen 1
[ external image ]

Western Star Trucks
5700XE
Released January 31st 2023
[ external image ]
Last edited by flight50 on 06 Mar 2023 12:48, edited 5 times in total.
harishw8r

Re: Out of Production Truck Wishlist

#2 Post by harishw8r » 25 Nov 2021 18:14

Okay, I thought we could fit them in a poll, my bad :lol:

I would love to see the Volvo VN, Kenworth T2000 and the Freightliner Century.

And of course the Old Cascadia and 5700XE
ASDF

#3 Post by ASDF » 25 Nov 2021 18:39

Freightliner Agassi (the prototype of the Shattered Sky that appeared in "Transformers 4 Extinct Rebirth") is still being produced and sold in Australia and New Zealand, right?
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#4 Post by Wolfi » 25 Nov 2021 18:44

ASDF wrote: 25 Nov 2021 18:39 Freightliner Agassi (the prototype of the Shattered Sky that appeared in "Transformers 4 Extinct Rebirth") is still being produced and sold in Australia and New Zealand, right?
Do you mean the Argosy? The first gen was kinda nice, the facelift looks terrible imo and SCS wouldn't be able to make the Transformers movie version, because that would be a licensing nightmare.

I'd go for old Cascada, Coronado 132, Pete 362 and 372, and Mack Ultraliner. :P
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
ASDF

#5 Post by ASDF » 25 Nov 2021 18:45

To be honest, I like these trucks that have stopped mass production or are about to stop mass production. If scs software is willing to talk to the manufacturer and release Freightliner Classic Truck Pack DLC, Kenworth Classic Truck Pack DLC, Peterbilt Classic Truck Pack DLC, MACK Classic Truck Pack DLC, Volvo Classic Truck DLC, as soon as these classic truck DLC are on the shelves, I will buy them
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
ASDF

#6 Post by ASDF » 25 Nov 2021 19:11

Wolfi wrote: 25 Nov 2021 18:44
ASDF wrote: 25 Nov 2021 18:39 Freightliner Agassi (the prototype of the Shattered Sky that appeared in "Transformers 4 Extinct Rebirth") is still being produced and sold in Australia and New Zealand, right?
Do you mean the Argosy? The first gen was kinda nice, the facelift looks terrible imo and SCS wouldn't be able to make the Transformers movie version, because that would be a licensing nightmare.

I'd go for old Cascada, Coronado 132, Pete 362 and 372, and Mack Ultraliner. :P
Yes, Freightliner Argosy, this truck is still in mass production in New Zealand and Australia, and mass production in the United States and Canada has been discontinued, right?
Tristman

#7 Post by Tristman » 25 Nov 2021 19:12

Way too many interesting trucks to choose from, and this doesn’t even include the long defunct brands (Ford, Diamond Reo, Marmon, etc.).

I’d be happy with anything really. I’ll keep an eye on how this thread continues.
DAFmanXFE6

#8 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 25 Nov 2021 19:13

For me has to be old GMC/Chevrolet from the 60’s and 70’s, chassis’ were the same with different names - biggest problem I foresee with these is “who owns the rights?”

GMC General/Chevrolet Bison
GMC Astro95/Chevrolet Titan

In addition to the MACK ones a late 70’s early 80’s Ultraliner would be cool, plus MACK probably still has the rights.
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
ASDF

#9 Post by ASDF » 25 Nov 2021 19:15

MACK Titan, MACK CXN and MACK CXU613, these three trucks have 8x6 chassis and 8x4 chassis options, right?
FalleN_KinG

#10 Post by FalleN_KinG » 25 Nov 2021 19:51

I'd like the Freightliner Classic XL, Freightliner FLB, Kenworth K100, and the Mack Superliner maybe even the Mack R.
Last edited by FalleN_KinG on 25 Nov 2021 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”