Cruiseliner
2%
Transtar
5%

Total votes: 898

velles

Re: Out of Production Truck Wishlist

#191 Post by velles » 07 May 2023 06:33

I think the problem is not that no one wants to licence out-of-production truck (Snowrunner has licenced classic Internationals and Freightliners, while FS2022 managed to licence classic Mack RW and 1980s Volvo F16) but with SCS bandwidth - they prioritize production trucks first - therefore they'll probably work on new VNL and T680NG & 579NG first. And there's still Kenworth T800, Western Star 4900 and Mack Pinnacle, not to mention that ETS2 also needs some new trucks (like Iveco S-way or Ford F-Max). With SCS's bandwidth any out-of-production vehicle is almost certainly very low on priority list.

I don't know how 9900i got into the game (it seems like either SCS had no idea it was out of production when they were licencing it or it was in the works for 5 years) but I'm glad it did, because it is probably my fav truck in ATS (reworked W900 is also great but I don't like that it has only interior with infotainment screen - despite the fact you can still order the version without it)
https://www.petersandkeatts.net/efs/wp/ ... 370570.jpg
On the other hand 9900i interior is as classic as American trucks may get - no GPS, just radio, fake wood and a ton of gauges.

Anyway, I still think that SCS should direct some of their workforce towards at least one cabover truck (since I know few people that play mostly ETS2 instead of ATS because they prefer driving a cabover). But as a low priority project.
Possibly that's what happened to 9900i - it was licenced but afterwards SCS learned that it was out of production so it fell at the bottom of their to-do list. But it ultimately was released. That's how ATS COE should be given its chance.
JoeAlex23

#192 Post by JoeAlex23 » 07 May 2023 07:06

^ It looks like you just don't understand anything about licenses and are just coming up with things as you go.
velles

#193 Post by velles » 07 May 2023 07:22

JoeAlex23 wrote: 07 May 2023 07:06 ^ It looks like you just don't understand anything about licenses and are just coming up with things as you go.
Is this you?
https://i.imgur.com/NvKuZbc.png
flight50

#194 Post by flight50 » 07 May 2023 13:55

@velles Your a new member here and I'm not sure if you lurked the forum for several years prior to joining or if you are new to the SCS period. But a little backlog on what happened with the 9900i is bandwidth. SCS had that license for a long time. Pavel came to the US back in 2018/2019 iirc. There was a blog on him going to Navistar. The 9900i was blogged once for sound recordings well before it went out of production. https://blog.scssoft.com/2019/09/record ... n-usa.html. Even the new VNL is on that list and that truck is just now being created but that license more than likely came back when the old VNL license came or sometime after. That was the confirmation for the most part that a license was obtained for the 9900i. During the course of time, that truck went to out of production. SCS was well aware that it was going out of production though which is part of the reason for it going lower priority. They are in close contact with all manufacturers for sure I bet. The 5700 was in the exact same boat but it too came after it went to out of production. When SCS negotiates trucks, they more than likely do it for several models at a time....its the only thing that makes sense. One truck here and one truck there is probably a waste of time. So bandwidth is a huge part of it which is what I was saying on the previous page..........SCS capacity. Back in 2018 the vehicle team was much smaller. It was just recently on the stream Jarda was on (vehicle lead) was on and in his interview, he told us the size of the vehicle team and its has significantly grown since covid first hit. Their numbers should indicate a lot more projects in the works now.

There are more licenses obtained for trucks and trailers more than likely but there is a priority list for sure. The other thing is the ease of cooperation with ETS2 trucks and ATS trucks. Seems as though lately, US manufacturers have eased up and are easier to work with. ATS has better quality trucks yes, but the quantity is still low. They are more than likely playing catch up with ATS to make up for all the years ATS was not getting trucks. If every brand brought at least 2 models....that is a good start. International has 3 and could easily add a 4th. On top of that, several models in the US derive from other models as far as chassis and sleepers. There are a few models in the game right now that is 50% completed to do other models.

Soo yes, in production is priority. I've advocate as lot for hiring contractors to make out of production trucks many times. Out of production are not secret trucks. They are well established. All SCS need is license and plans and let proven contractors work them. Contractors can be from anywhere though. Will inner SCS works in productions, I wish Pavel was open to contractors working out of production. At least try it. Hire 1-2 contractors to start and go from there. Its an easy way to expand the vehicle team. There is a massive amount of out of production trucks compared to in production trucks.
TexasWhirlwind

#195 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 07 May 2023 14:18

You left out the Peterbilt 377. This is my vote..
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
flight50

#196 Post by flight50 » 07 May 2023 15:02

There are only so many slots available for a poll. If the 377 didn't get enough votes, it will not make the poll. So nothing was missed, it just didn't get enough votes. I'm not going to add trucks that didn't get enough votes. If we get one truck off this current poll, I'll reset and re-tally all the votes again. Since the poll closed, there are several more votes that came in though.

I did accidently leave off one truck but it wasn't the 377. We have 15 slots and somehow only 14 made the poll. I'll fix it for next time though.
velles

#197 Post by velles » 07 May 2023 20:10

@flight50 I did not read the forum, but I've read a blog and know that 9900i was in the works for quite a long time. I am curious if they managed to get that licence when the truck was still in production (2016-2017) or later but they had no idea it was discontinued. Anyway, whatever happened, I'm glad that it is in the game.
flight50 wrote: 07 May 2023 13:55 ATS has better quality trucks yes, but the quantity is still low. They are more than likely playing catch up with ATS to make up for all the years ATS was not getting trucks. If every brand brought at least 2 models....that is a good start. International has 3 and could easily add a 4th. On top of that, several models in the US derive from other models as far as chassis and sleepers. There are a few models in the game right now that is 50% completed to do other models.
I wouldn't say the quantity is currently that low. If you compare it to 18WOS series which had like +30 trucks then obviously yes. But that was during an era when models were low-poly and easy to make in large quantities. And IIRC they had like 3 or 4 interiors that were recycled between all trucks (I might try to find my Haulin CD somewhere and check).

If you're comparing with ETS2 then the truck variety is roughly similar - 13 vs. 16 trucks (ETS2 has Scania R and S listed as separate trucks but these are pretty much cab variants of the one truck model, same with Scania Streamline and 2009 R). Also ETS2 inherited some of the content from German Truck Simulator (like old TGX and Iveco, which even in ETS2 was initially included as unlicenced "Ivedo" - and these are absolutely the worst trucks in ETS2).
When SCS returned to America with ATS they had to make trucks from scratch because 18WOS trucks were extremely dated even by GTS/early ETS2 era standards. ETS2 was somewhat advantaged to have more trucks due to inclusion of older content but that content now is an eyesore, on the other hand ATS truck quality is much more levelled, even the oldest trucks like T680 and 579 don't look that bad. And these will be reworked anyway because of the NG models release. In ETS2 case (with the exception of 2020 Volvo FH) SCS unfortunately can't combine adding new model with a rework of an older truck because all the other dated trucks are out of production (unless they want to include some classic European trucks like Renault Magnum AE and use that as a opportunity to rework newer Magnum model).

I predict that ATS will probably soon overtake ETS2 in truck variety since there aren't that many notable new trucks to add in ETS2, other than Iveco S-Way, Ford F-Max and facelifted Actros - new MAN is almost ready and 2020 FH is being worked on (but it won't be a new truck, just facelift of an already existing model). In ATS case there's still a long list of in-production trucks that aren't included - Kenworth W990 and T800/T880, International HX, Western Star 4900, Mack Pinnacle, also probably new Peterbilt 589 (unless they're already secretly working on it).
flight50

#198 Post by flight50 » 07 May 2023 21:06

I pretty just indicated that SCS are in contact with the manufactures that inform them what going on with their trucks. SCS is not as blind SCS and they are not as dense as you think they are. I'm sure they know when trucks go out of production well before the community knows.

The quantity of ATS trucks was low from release up to recently compared to ETS2. I'm not speaking of 18WoS though, I'm only comparing it to ETS2. 18WoS is an American title and contracted SCS out. SCS does not have rights to anything from that game which is how ATS started. SCS blogged that or streamed that information....I can't remember. So nothing truckwise from 18WoS can carry over. All that stuff was not licensed brands anyways. ETS2 recycled trucks and map from older games yes. ATS was 100% from scratch with trucks and maps......so ATS was/is always behind. But the advantage of being the younger game is that less stuff is old.

Yeah you are probably right as far as ATS overtaking ETS2 on trucks with current models. The models you listed have a truck with similar parts/components so new models are pretty much 50% done already. That's one beauty of sister companies under one umbrella.
velles

#199 Post by velles » 07 May 2023 21:55

flight50 wrote: 07 May 2023 21:06 I pretty just indicated that SCS are in contact with the manufactures that inform them what going on with their trucks. SCS is not as blind SCS and they are not as dense as you think they are. I'm sure they know when trucks go out of production well before the community knows.
I know that since SCS is in contact with manufactures the first option was more probable. So they had to licence it all the way back in 2016-2017 (or someone in SCS liked that truck so much that wanted to have it in the game despite the fact it was discontinued)
flight50 wrote: 07 May 2023 21:06 The quantity of ATS trucks was low from release up to recently compared to ETS2. I'm not speaking of 18WoS though, I'm only comparing it to ETS2. 18WoS is an American title and contracted SCS out. SCS does not have rights to anything from that game which is how ATS started. SCS blogged that or streamed that information....I can't remember. So nothing truckwise from 18WoS can carry over.
Even if they had rights, the models from these games were probably not acceptable quality. Here's a vehicle list from last game in the series, Extreme Trucker 2
https://www.igcd.net/game.php?id=100000211
SCS had to start from scratch and that fact combined with low bandwidth resulted that the game released with just 2 trucks (W900 DLC arrived shortly after release)

BTW - I am curious why so many people voted for the old Cascadia - it is neither classic nor that interesting looking truck. IMO that's like voting for a 2002 Oldsmobile in a racing game. I think SCS should focus on either trucks that are in production or classics like K100E.
flight50

#200 Post by flight50 » 08 May 2023 00:53

The poll is for people to vote for what they like.......not for what you or I may think should be in the lead. The old Cascadia is an icon in the North American trucking industry. I'm not sure if you live in North America or not but its no secret how dominant the old Cascadia is. Its still one of the most visible truck on the roads still today but the new Cascadia has probably caught up with it.

2018 is when SCS started going after licenses. Not 2016 nor 2017. If they got licensed back then, we would have had a truck before the old VNL came late 2018. You can easily look at the 2016 license blog to see what SCS tried to get in the game. But if you didn't see the 2019 sound blog I mentioned earlier, I doubt you've seen the 2016 license blog. You are trying to teach a lot of people what you know when many of us have been around here for years are up to date on SCS and their process. You've been a member here for less than a week. Its like you're trying too hard to be liked with knowledge you know but everything your comments talk about.........its all been posted here on the forum before. I'm not shutting you down...I'm just giving you a heads up you are rubbing people the wrong way as trying to be a know it all.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”