Cruiseliner
2%
Transtar
5%

Total votes: 900

55sixxx

Re: Out of Production Truck Wishlist

#151 Post by 55sixxx » 01 Nov 2022 17:43

Believe me, I too thought the 18spd was a monster to deal with... But that's really not the case. It's just like a regular car gearbox but you get 4 on top of 4 and only split them if really necessary, same can be said for Lo gears where you'll only use it to start moving with heavier loads.

And I've read the reason the shifter is not included as a model in-game is due to game limitations, that's BS if you ask me, because honestly, they don't even have to animate it... Just having it there already adds a lot. And I simply just can't use a manual in a truck that has a auto selector.
GinXeng

#152 Post by GinXeng » 03 Nov 2022 20:52

It is not game limitations if modders can do it, its just lack off effort on their part
Optional Features

#153 Post by Optional Features » 03 Nov 2022 21:13

flight50 wrote: 29 Oct 2022 02:57 36 shift definitely are not necessary in ATS. Even in real life, a trucker won't go thru all the gears all the time and they won't always get high in the gears unless they are on the highway. LO is rarely used if its not necessary. In ATS, I shift my 18 speed more like 13speed and sometimes even like a 7 speed (I typically don't go past 7H). I also don't always need to split gears and its rare I have to use LO if not on an incline with a heavy load. In fact I only split when I'm typically heavy hauling.
Well, part of the problem with our in game transmissions is the feeling of weight in game.

According to a friend of mine, accurate acceleration for 80k pounds is warp 0.75 and 400 hp.

I go the other way, and use a 50 ton weight mod (or trailers edited to be heavier). So my current truck is like 450 hp grossing like 110k. Now, climbing a hill takes work. I have to use my splitter constantly, and braking (I run it 1/3 from the left) takes time.

Best of all, if I switch the jake brake on on a downhill, it stays on, and I have the potential to gain speed. I might even need to use my air brakes (if steep enough) to keep under control.

It's how the game should feel by default: trucks are big and heavy and should be big and heavy in game.
Vk56dehan

#154 Post by Vk56dehan » 03 Nov 2022 23:32

GinXeng wrote: 03 Nov 2022 20:52 It is not game limitations if modders can do it, its just lack off effort on their part
Facts
RoundTheBend

#155 Post by RoundTheBend » 12 Nov 2022 08:02

I'd love to be able to drive those old school trucks like:
K100
Mack R or Superliner
FLB
352/362

Some of the older inclusions just seem like previous models of existing trucks, so would be less inclined to chose those. To me/those who aren't as versed in older trucks would see something like the Volvo ro Western Star Trucks as just "different" or "less interesting" options of what I already have.

Older trucks in totally different forms seem really cool/interesting to introduce, even if they are hard to be found on the road (if at all) these days.
flight50

#156 Post by flight50 » 12 Nov 2022 13:27

I be cool if SCS only created old school trucks just for us to drive. AI isn't exactly necessary. The spawn number would have to be extremely low anyways.
AntonioMart

#157 Post by AntonioMart » 18 Nov 2022 00:01

The new trucks are very cool and it's undeniably cool that the SCS is given the opportunity to add them to the game. :) But a lot of people want old school american trucks, because this is a whole era, which, unfortunately, is irretrievably gone. Please, SCS, give us that too. In addition, сan also implement the possibility of buying used trucks.

If the difficulty with adding old trucks is not only in get a license for it, but also in the fact that they are all equipped with a manual transmission, I think it's not so critical. Nothing prevents making a shift stick in the cab, even if it wil not be animated. After all, the pedals are also not animated, but this does not bother anyone.

Peterbil 377 looks nice too.

[ external image ]
Tristman

#158 Post by Tristman » 29 Nov 2022 09:39

I wish they would be able to recreate the 18WOS truck roster and add that to the game. It’s a nice mix of aero and classic trucks, so it would serve to please most I think.

As someone who developed an interest in trucks because of ATS and not prior, I have to say that the older the trucks are, the more similar they appear to each other. I can tell the difference between the many American cars from the 70s (despite all the badge engineering), but with trucks I find it much more challenging.

Because of this, while I would appreciate a couple of really old trucks, my preference would go to seeing more younger trucks.

Interestingly, the poll results so far favor Freightliner over any other brand. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say I’m probably not a part of the popular opinion. :)
flight50

#159 Post by flight50 » 29 Nov 2022 14:40

The 18 WoS roster would be awesome to get. That's the roster people expected when ATS cam out. The entire US is what people expected when it came out. ATS's player base is where its at because people basically expected a newer version of 18 WoS. ETS2 came about because of older SCS Euro games and it took off....ATS really never gained the same traction since day one.
55sixxx

#160 Post by 55sixxx » 30 Nov 2022 17:13

flight50 wrote: 29 Nov 2022 14:40 The 18 WoS roster would be awesome to get. That's the roster people expected when ATS cam out. The entire US is what people expected when it came out. ATS's player base is where its at because people basically expected a newer version of 18 WoS. ETS2 came about because of older SCS Euro games and it took off....ATS really never gained the same traction since day one.
ETS2 came a bit more "fulfilled" because a lot of the map were taken from older games like UKTS, GTS and etc.

While the old map from 18WoS would be useless for ATS, not only due to their far far inferior quality but because the scale was also different. But, I think the old truck roster would have been possible if they had tried a little harder... Maybe not as a whole but some more options would have been nice.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”