Cruiseliner
2%
Transtar
5%

Total votes: 900

flight50

Re: Out of Production Truck Wishlist

#121 Post by flight50 » 04 Apr 2022 22:45

Honestly, I'd think the hardest part is references. The most difficult would be sounds. They only have 2 options from my standpoint. One is more expensive than the other.

Option 1) Check in Europe for imported older NA trucks and do you thing.
Option 2) most expensive. Visit the US truck shows and get with truckers who own x,y,z and see if they are willing to allow references pics and sound recordings. This is pretty much what SCS will do when they come to Canada based on the trip blog. Any trucker willing to cooperate, SCS will get it. I hope there's some oldies in that mix that is willing to cooperate. Get one of them and I don't see why SCS can't go after a license for one. I'd like to think older Freightliners are there. Classic XL, Columbia, Century and even the current in production, 122SD.

Option 2 is perhaps the best but it takes several people to make that trip across the bond. Stuff like that for out of production trucks is exactly why they should be charged dlc's to make up some of that cost. If you don't want to pay for the truck, don't buy it. Simple. In production trucks, SCS gets a lot more help and cooperation from manufacturers.
LarryA

#122 Post by LarryA » 05 Apr 2022 07:54

Would you please add some of these Petes to the list. Some are already listed. Providing a bit of history as well. Hope thats ok. May be mistaken a few years + or -. Memory old as rocks. Thank You.

1939. Peterbilt Lightweight model 334 Chain Drive Model 260 both all steel cabs. Gas engines.
1939-1945 364. Gas or Diesel.
1953 Peterbilt Emblem Red Oval Diesel.
1954 351
1960 351 Butterfly Hood.
1960 351 Model Bird 358 Same as a 351 Has a Tilt instead of a Butterfly Hood. The 358 was a option. Bird is the Grab Handel shaped like a bird on the front of the Hood.
1972 358A Model and the new 359 model..358A Model.
Pete stopped production on the 358A model some time in 1972.
1972 359 2200 cab. Designed for the new 1693 T & T.A. Cat. Had a 2200 series cab Small front glass windshields. Old flat Aluminium 351 Dash with a make over for the 2200 series cab.
1973 359 Pete new cab 2300 series. Larger front windshield. Dash Change.
Peterbilt 359s had 3 different dashes thru out its history...Last dash produced was the Corvett Dash.

Have A Great Day
Independent_Owner Operator 14 Western States 46 years Retired
flight50

#123 Post by flight50 » 05 Apr 2022 13:20

@LarryA Please read page one first post.
Double M

#124 Post by Double M » 06 Apr 2022 15:00

@LarryA It would be great to have a classic gas-powered truck in the game. I think it's a very good idea. I would like to see how it behaves going up a very steep hill with respect to a classic diesel of that time.
My mouth is watering, just thinking about having a peterbilt like the one in Steven Spielberg's Duel movie. For me it is a dream. I love how that rusty truck looks and the bad guy look that the truck has. :D :D

@flight50 I agree with you as it is an extra content and that maybe not all players would be interested in this type of trucks. It should be a paid dlc. I think that if SCS proposes it, it could release at least one dlc a year of a classic truck. There is a wide variety of classic trucks. And not only for ATS, also if they want to, there are many classic European trucks that could perform in ETS2, but that's a different story.
flight50

#125 Post by flight50 » 06 Apr 2022 15:43

One classic a year would be great. Honestly, I think if SCS outsourced non production trucks, they could exceed one classic a year. We have some good modelers out there. Example are in the community with blender. But if someone can be employed by SCS and not a modder, even better. That is a full time or part time job which is better than just waiting for the internal SCS team to maybe add some out of production trucks. CAD files or reference photos doesn't matter. Some mods are higher quality than others and I am sure they didn't get CAD files from a manufacturer.
Double M

#126 Post by Double M » 06 Apr 2022 17:00

Another interesting truck is the Marmon 57P. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmon_Motor_Company
This brand is from Texas, but unfortunately it's gone. One question Flight Do you know this brand? Have you been lucky enough to see one in person?
flight50

#127 Post by flight50 » 06 Apr 2022 18:05

I actually have never seen a Marmon. It was actually just brought up to my attention about a year or 2 ago. Some of those older trucks fall under current company's as they may have bought them out or something. I don't know how it works. Sterling and Ford are two others. I've driven the Fords before when I worked at Coca Cola back in 2000 and I see why they are gone, lol. Things can obviously change over the years of course. I think our best chances of older trucks is from the main 7 brands that we know of today. Those brands that aren't produced anymore are even more challenging perhaps. Just a guess. But how many people would be willing to buy a brand that doesn't exist anymore is the question. I'd put money on brands that I know a little quicker as ones I could possible see on roads or truck shows still today somewhere.
LarryA

#128 Post by LarryA » 07 Apr 2022 07:58

Double M wrote: 06 Apr 2022 17:00 Another interesting truck is the Marmon 57P. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmon_Motor_Company
This brand is from Texas, but unfortunately it's gone. One question Flight Do you know this brand? Have you been lucky enough to see one in person?
Seen several IRL. Very nice trucks. Dont remember to much about them off my head. Order with various engines, transmissions, rear ends and suspension. The problem with the Marmon trucks if purchased was service. Was not a lot of Marmon shops thru out the 14 western states compared to Peterbilt or Kenworth (Maybe 5) not certain on that. Lets say as an example purchased a new one. Make it simple the left window wouldnt roll down or there was a issue with the hood bad seals around the glass. Boot between the sleeper or other issue. Very difficult to get the truck serviced under warranty. Basically did the repairs yourself or took it to a shop. Ouch $$$$$ waisted...Bottom line Marmon had a short life...

Have A Great Day
LarryA

#129 Post by LarryA » 07 Apr 2022 09:41

Hope the YTV links are ok?

International & Rare Ford. Hope you all enjoy...
Day Cabs:
1937 D 35 In line 6 cylinder gas 5 speed single axel
1949 KB-11 In line 6 or 8 cylinder gas 5 speed 2 speed axel. Tandem rear axels.
International proving ground 1940s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeelomNJIqU

Rare Ford 1964 Big Red Gas Turbin Truck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PWxxj7WMx4

Have A Great Day
Double M

#130 Post by Double M » 07 Apr 2022 15:34

I have seen the videos and I really like them. Thank you for sharing them.

Seeing the video of the tests of Internacional reminded me of today's Lonestar. I think it has been a very well achieved interpretation of a current truck but based on the aesthetics of the International trucks of the 30s and 40s. That is why the International Lonestar is one of my favorite trucks for me. I love its aesthetic. I think it's one of the most beautiful trucks you can buy today. ;)

Yes, I knew Ford's gas turbine truck. I had seen a video about him. In the if you had a very high driving position. You felt like the king of the road. :lol:

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”