ATS 1.44 speculation thread

flight50

Re: ATS 1.44 speculation thread

#241 Post by flight50 » 30 Dec 2021 15:18

Cody is still kind of speculation/assumption. Nemiro stated that the pics are part of Yellowstone. The blog for YS awhile back stated that more will come for YS and that US-89 is possible. But that route takes us into Montana so no point in talking about that right now. Nowwwww, Nemiro did pretty much say the community will be excited to get a certain road that leads to another certain part of Wyoming but no confirmation, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if this certain part gets its own blog with another explanation like YS. I'll take it. Bring it on. Reading between the lines, it does sound like US-14 to Cody though, no doubt. But we still need that 100% confirmation before things soak in fully. As this is what the community has been raving about. This is what the community would be excited about. As the Wyoming blogs dwindled down and nothing was showing off YS nor Cody, we started realizing that those two were missing and that is when all the chatter started. SCS responded. Awesome response. Kudos to that.

Now there is YS in place. Now there are roads linking to and from it. I tried making the point on many occasions that they can't add things like Tioga Pass, Grand Canyon, Rock Mountain National park...and forget about the grand daddy of all attractions. YS is the first of its kind in world and it was getting left out. YS is Wyoming. For those that didn't even know where Wyoming was, they have heard of YS. I proved many times that YS can be trucked and then we had a local chime in to confirm. I even pointed out many times that there are signs that says no commercial trucking allow thru the part. Key word...thru. That does not me trucks are prohibited. Trucks can serve the park. Commercial means you can't travel YS if you are just passing thru. There's a big difference in the two agendas.
Bedavd

#242 Post by Bedavd » 30 Dec 2021 21:25

Pavel also mentioned right when they started showing photos that there were a lot more included that he had removed because he didn't wanna give too much away at once. Could be completely different content, or he could have scaled back how much was shown for the reveals we did get. Maybe photos of Cody were shown but he decided he wanted that to be fully revealed with a blog closer to release.

EDIT: Sorry nevermind. That was said specific to the ATS Trailers folder so ignore that quote. However, so much more was shown in the California Blog than in the stream so I hope they skipped around Cody on purpose still. We'll see!
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#243 Post by flight50 » 31 Dec 2021 00:18

Yeah we'll see. We still don't have a blog for the Wyoming work from the stream. So hopefully next year mid to late January when blogs pick back up, we might see the Wyoming blog. If not, February it is. Late Feb/March is when I speculate 1.44ob to start. HoR should come for ETS2 and hopefully ATS will be staring at:
Ph2 California
Wyoming additions
Lode King
9900i

That would be a pretty soild update for ATS.
flight50

#244 Post by flight50 » 01 Jan 2022 17:16

I wonder what the chances are to get more minor stuff this year. If 1.44 could knock one out, that would be great. Things like option to remove flags/banners from truck without service shop, longer trains, controlled sleep and dirt on trucks/truck washes. All three come up all the time. I wonder how much this engine upgrade coming will allow SCS to do a lot more with programming and beyond. I'm still waiting to see proper weigh station functionality with benefits to using scales and complex prefabs that was mentioned a year or so ago. Complex to me would mean multi pick/drop off locations on the same prefab, random bay docking and AI truck activity on prefabs.

A couple additional things mentioned before are benefits to sleepers, controlled sleep and depot operating hrs. There should be a plus to getting a truck with a sleeper. Hotels/Motels are pretty much going away. We are getting a lot of trucks stops but hotels not being used anymore. They are still in the game but they are inactive now. We should have both. It would be more immersive for daycabs to have to use hotel/motels for sleep, not truck stops. I'm not saying it can't be done but its not ideal.

All depots should not be open 24/7. Dealerships have operable hrs so it works already in the game as controlled hrs. Shouldn't most things? We shouldn't be able to deliver late hrs for most depots. If we could have options to control sleep, we should be able to sleep on a depot's parking lot til morning in order to make deliveries. This also plays into time management if factoring in routes, rest along the way, detours andddddd if we get an AI overhaul with traffic upgrades, we an factor in traffic. I'd love to be in traffic jambs. Interstates and side roads due to rush hr traffic or random events. But this type of realism needs to be optional or setup in a way for people that like how things are now, can continue that way. But I'd love to get delays of all sorts that could play into my deadline for delivery. As optional, SCS wins.

They should make the vast majority of things optional though. Leave things up to players to use or not use. If that is what it takes to grow the playerbase, then so be it. But at least SCS limit the finger pointing is they allow the user more control.
danbywinby

#245 Post by danbywinby » 01 Jan 2022 17:57

If I remember correctly truck washes and dirt on trucks were mentioned a year or two ago by Pavel in an interview. And I believe it was mentioned that they did an experime t which was very successful but it was a lot of work so they decided to wait until after DX11 so that it would be easier to implement so maybe SCS has already been working on this in the background and maybe 1.44 will see it revealed. SCS does love to surprise with stuff like that out of the blue.

Multi pick up/drop off location in the same prefab would be great, we used to have this before they implemented the hard, medium, easy parking spots we have now. It would be great to see this come back and not be constantly parking in the exact same spot all the time.

Until I read your post I had never noticed that the hotels/motels had gone but now I think about it you are right they are certainly being left out of the newer DLCs.

I do like the idea of depots having opening hours and having to manage time a bit more. I'm not too sure about being able to sleep at the company depot, I think it would be more realistic to have to park up on a side road close by and sleep for a few hours or something.
flight50

#246 Post by flight50 » 01 Jan 2022 20:52

Actually dirt was not successful. Pavel didn't like how the filters made things look. He said they'd probably revisit in the future. Future as in engine upgrade perhaps.

For Multi Drop, honestly I think its worthy of a new system. Trying to implement it to the current stuff could break something, might as well add it as another game mechanic writing code from scratch so I'd like to see a multi drop icon added. Under that I icon, I think we could have single and contract multi drop. Single (Cargo market) - one assigned route from A to B to C and/or D. Multi (WoT Market) take a contract offer that can assign 2-3 routes delivering A to B to C and/or D. I don't know when this new WoT will be out but it can be as deep as SCS allows it to be. Combine that with MP and VTC, and SCS will take another huge leap forward for the community.

As far as sleeping at a depot, I see it all the time for large retail places like Walmart, Target....any place that has their own huge lot, truckers will arrive early and just park in the parking lot. Once time to unload, their pull around to the dock and let them offload. I don't know if any of this stuff is on SCS's agenda, but it would be nice.

Here are a few examples:
Walmart - Kansas
Walmart - Colorado
At Home - Nevada
TJ Maxx - California
Last edited by flight50 on 02 Jan 2022 04:01, edited 1 time in total.
Bedavd

#247 Post by Bedavd » 01 Jan 2022 20:58

flight50 wrote: 01 Jan 2022 17:16 There should be a plus to getting a truck with a sleeper. Hotels/Motels are pretty much going away. We are getting a lot of trucks stops but hotels not being used anymore. They are still in the game but they are inactive now. We should have both.
I recently made two new profiles on ETS2 and ATS where I attempt to be more "realistic", driving more carefully, always backing into a spot as perfectly as I can, trying to get back to my HQ city so I can "go home" for the night or a day on the weekends, and one thing I intended to do was only sleep at the hotels while I had a day cab but quickly found that basically impossible. Now I only sleep at larger truck stops in cities (no rest areas) and put in my head-cannon that my driver Ubers to a nearby hotel.

It made me wonder though, are there many hotels that cater to or allow many trucks, with trailers, to park and sleep there. I've been on plenty of road trips and spent nights at many hotels on the road but never can I recall seeing trucks parked outside. Maybe I just wasn't paying that close attention but it's not something I remember ever noticing.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#248 Post by flight50 » 01 Jan 2022 23:03

Hotels that truckers park at typically have a dirt parking lot adjacent to the hotel or paved parking. They are typically cheaper hotels/motels though. You can spot hotels/motels closer to interstates.

Here are a few examples
Motel 6 - Texas
Phoenix Inn - Oregon
Best Western - Idaho
Rodeway Inn - Wyoming
Red Roof - New Mexico
Travelers Inn/Comfort Inn
Travelers Inn - Arizona
Last edited by flight50 on 03 Jan 2022 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
cristianrpbeijo

#249 Post by cristianrpbeijo » 03 Jan 2022 03:52

1.44 open beta maybe coming in february?
flight50

#250 Post by flight50 » 03 Jan 2022 05:50

Anything is possible. We got 1.37ob at the end of February. The devs typically come back the 2nd week of January. Depends on what's ready to go or close to ready that will depend on soon the first update of the year kicks in.

Return to “General discussion about the game”