ATS 1.44 speculation thread

VTXcnME

Re: ATS 1.44 speculation thread

#291 Post by VTXcnME » 24 Jan 2022 19:13

FrancescoMasci wrote: 23 Jan 2022 15:52 If we consider that among the next states we have the Dakotas and Nebraska, 3 states per year doesn't seem that out of the way.
I wonder if they'll focus more on boxing the map or pushing east though.

Back to 1,44, I believe it's gonna be half of February, it's been a while since we got some juice for ATS.
Been stated previously Pavel was pretty clear on pushing to the east coast ASAP.

I expect ATS will develop into an odd "L" shape again before it's done. No way around it if they push straight to Georgia. This also assuming that a foreign country holds the same definition of "east coast" the rest of us do, in that they need to hit the the coast that extends from Maine to Florida, as that's historically what I've always heard referred to as the "East Coast" of the USA. I'm not sure if Texas is going to qualify in the minds eye of foreigners, as it does meet the technical definition of hitting the eastern bodies of water of the US (though I'd argue they were a southern border, not an eastern one).

But all that starts getting into semantics.
wato

#292 Post by wato » 24 Jan 2022 19:25

IIRC, the statement was that they'd like to reach Florida as soon as possible.

That doesn't say anything about the strategy and time frame. It could very well be meant in the context of filling the map shape while going there, and it's certainly subject to the ever increasing quality constraints.
flight50

#293 Post by flight50 » 25 Jan 2022 01:33

Yeah Pavel said his ambition was to get to Florida. He didn't say when or how fast. That is us the community putting a time table on it.
Sara

#294 Post by Sara » 25 Jan 2022 04:06

VTXcnME wrote: 24 Jan 2022 19:10 Been stated previously Pavel was pretty clear on pushing to the east coast ASAP.
I am actually wondering if as further east with ATS goes, whether we'll see a couple of states in the one DLC instead of just the one state?
angrybirdseller

#295 Post by angrybirdseller » 25 Jan 2022 04:32

Be ill advised b-line to Florida bulk the area around Texas with Florida you actually need Albama, Georgia at minimum, but would recommend having having Tennessee and Kentucky before hand. I remember five years ago they wanted to do Texas after Washington they changed course think need balanced approach going east.
Tristman

#296 Post by Tristman » 25 Jan 2022 08:52

I think SCS has learned from previous map shapes that going in a straight line to Florida is a bad idea.

I expect they will head in that direction while still retaining a nice map shape and not have us drive a corridor endlessly. Texas will be a bit unfortunate because it only really connects to New Mexico for now, but at least Texas is huge by itself and there are multiple entrances.
CodArk2

#297 Post by CodArk2 » 25 Jan 2022 09:46

Given that there is a column of states above Texas hat have relatively low populations I honestly see SCS going through hose states. Those states are more geographically diverse than people think they are from stereotypes and there is a fair bit of industry besides just farming there. I see the California rebuilds helping out as well, giving some differences in the west coast area from time to time. I see phase 2 coming in 1.44 as well, so phase three might come in 1.47 or 1.48 when we would likely know the state(s) coming after Texas and Montana. I am still expecting Oklahoma then Kansas then Nebraska then th South and North Dakota after Texas . Florida is actually kinda overrated imho: its flatter than Kansas and mainly focused on human geography (cities , landmarks, and industries) compared to natural geography ( The everglades and beaches you can't really drive through in a truck anyway, flat tree covered terrain that you an find in Alabama, Mississippi or Georgia, etc). Sure Florida has its interesting aspects and some uniqueness to it but manage expectations. I feel like Florida is an eventual goal for SCS but they aren't going to go straight east toward Florida after Texas/Montana as it would make a horrible shaped map. Better to fill in the middle of the country and then go through the Great Lakes and the South before going into the northeast.
VTXcnME

#298 Post by VTXcnME » 25 Jan 2022 18:27

Sara wrote: 25 Jan 2022 04:06
VTXcnME wrote: 24 Jan 2022 19:10 Been stated previously Pavel was pretty clear on pushing to the east coast ASAP.
I am actually wondering if as further east with ATS goes, whether we'll see a couple of states in the one DLC instead of just the one state?
Not sure if they'll bundle, or if they'll just crank out states faster. 3 states instead of 2. Without getting into the 'what state's next' speculation, I'd imagine it'd be one state north (to keep building out over Texas) and two states east to make the 'east coast push'. So after Texas and Montana are done it might look something like: Oklahoma and Louisiana/Arkansas come in one year, Kansas and Mississippi/Alabama in another, then South Dakota and Georgia/Florida in another. In my mind a straight push to the atlantic coast would make for a terrible map design/layout. It'd be too wrongly "L" shaped. But I'm just a guy playing the game, and my guesses are worth about as much as the time it took to type them (maybe not even that much).

I'd sooner think they'll just push the states out faster, keeping to one at a time as long as they can. States are a bigger source of revenue for SCS than paint packs or other add on DLC so bundling 2 states at a discount wouldn't make as much sense as selling each individually. I'm not sure if the pricing will be adjusted to account for the smaller DLC purchase, I hope it is, but time will tell. We're close enough it shouldn't be *TOO* long of a wait to see how SCS approaches the smaller state DLC's.

But again, my $0.02. Not adjusted for inflation.
Tristman

#299 Post by Tristman » 25 Jan 2022 18:57

I would think that it makes most sense to keep moving east while also building north/northeast at a similar pace in order to keep the map shape from becoming like an L (the stair-shaped map).

I would expect SCS to either try to mimic the usual size of a DLC with multiple states if necessary, or adjust the price to be adequate for each state (Texas and Montana being more expensive than usual, and smaller east coast states being cheaper). If they choose to bundle states to have a comparably sized DLC to what we are used to, they don't need to adjust the price.
VTXcnME

#300 Post by VTXcnME » 25 Jan 2022 22:30

I don't see any way around the L shape, not in the immediate. But if they followed that pattern I suggested, it'd be a stepped L. Once Georgia/Florida were done, they could easily go back and start second tier states like Tennessee and South and North Carolina. That would help widen out the "L" and make it feel less boxed in. But that's all getting into the state speculation part of it which I promised myself I'd try not to do. LOL.

Return to “General discussion about the game”