Re: ATS 1.44 speculation thread

#251 Post by busted85 » 03 Jan 2022 06:06

Here are a few examples:
Walmart - Kansas
Walmart - Colorado
At Home - Nevada
TJ Maxx - California
[/quote]

The one example in Denver with the truck lot next to the Walmart is almost identical to the setup SCS has at the one in Steamboat Springs.
howey

#252 Post by howey » 03 Jan 2022 10:11

flight50 wrote: 01 Jan 2022 23:03 Hotels that truckers park at typically have a dirt parking lot adjacent to the hotel or paved parking. They are typically cheaper hotels/models though. You can spot hotels/motels closer to interstates.
One thing that would be good that they brought back from the 18wos days is being able to sleep anywhere pretty much. Been plenty of times I've pulled up in non designated parking areas on interstate due to them being to far inbetween and there are some key areas I've seen on the map overall that would make good candidates with this option.
danbywinby

#253 Post by danbywinby » 03 Jan 2022 10:47

flight50 wrote: 01 Jan 2022 20:52 For Multi Drop, honestly I think its worthy of a new system. Trying to implement it to the current stuff could break something, might as well add it as another game mechanic writing code from scratch so I'd like to see a multi drop icon added. Under that I icon, I think we could have single and contract multi drop. Single (Cargo market) - one assigned route from A to B to C and/or D. Multi (WoT Market) take a contract offer that can assign 2-3 routes delivering A to B to C and/or D. I don't know when this new WoT will be out but it can be as deep as SCS allows it to be. Combine that with MP and VTC, and SCS will take another huge leap forward for the community.
I think we might be talking about two different things.

I was referring to multiple pick up / drop off locations at a single company. At the moment it seems to be that you always pick up / drop off the trailer at the same location on each prefab. It would be good and add variety if it randomly picked from 5 or 6 different locations each time.
flight50

#254 Post by flight50 » 03 Jan 2022 15:58

@howey Sleep anywhere would be great for trucks with sleepers. I'm sure SCS is considering US laws though. Most states have it illegal to sleep anywhere. But its really depends on the jurisdiction as to if they will enforce anything. You can find trucks parked in some pretty random places though. I don't think its too critical of a violation for ATS to allow sleep anywhere. But if ATS gets it, what about ETS2? What are the laws there? SCS might be trying to avoid the can of worms with that which is why ATS doesn't have it..

@danbywinby Yes and no. The multi drop you are referring to is where I mention complex prefabs. Complex prefabs would allow multi locations on certain prefabs to pick up and drop off. Dynamic bay assignments. Multi drop..when most people talk about it on here...at least here in ATS, is dropping off cargo to multi stops on one trip out. So lets say you have have a fully loaded trailer. 1/3 is lettuce, 1/3 is tomatoes and 1/3 are apples....or something. You have 3 stops to make in random places along a particular route. That is the multi drop that people are referring to. Whether it is with a single trailer, RMD, double or triples...a new mechanic would be needed for it.
gt379

#255 Post by gt379 » 03 Jan 2022 16:25

Yes, I too agree that the logistic chain needs to be improved in ATS, ...

to sum up about "Multi-drop", in the industry it is called LTL (less than truckload) which is also for pick-up (not just drop)

one driver picks-up all day from different addresses, bring to terminal, next day another driver delivers to destination (many different addresses)

or

one driver can do both as the day goes on: drop one skid here grab one or not (depends)

FTL or TL means full truck load and means one full load of merchandise going to that address

picture of LTL:

[ external image ]
flight50

#256 Post by flight50 » 03 Jan 2022 17:55

Correct....if people are being technical per industry terminology. More people understood multi drop as multi locations for trucking cargo service so the community has just been going with multi drop so it stuck.

To make multi drop/LTL the best that it can be, ATS needs to tackle ICCs first. That infrastructure isn't plentiful enough in ATS. Things would be way too repetitive for ATS but not too bad in ETS2. The feature would be nice, but it would wear off quickly without more diversity in ATS. Multi drop would have to go hand in hand with scale and weigh station upgrades. They'd need to be functional. Sliding tandems should be also be able to be performed while loaded. That is the only way to make scales and weigh stations valid.
AntonioMart

#257 Post by AntonioMart » 03 Jan 2022 18:15

How does it happen? Incorrect distribution of the load? In ATS you can see such an accident on the road, as well as many decommissioned trailers damaged in this way.
iERtnmqYycU.jpg
flight50

#258 Post by flight50 » 03 Jan 2022 18:37

Yes. Improper loading or too much weight for that particular trailer. Depends on what cargo is loaded. If the tandems are not in the right spot for that load, it won't end well if its too heavy.
SmokeyWolf

#259 Post by SmokeyWolf » 03 Jan 2022 18:50

Or the frame on the trailer had a weak spot in it.

LTL can run from coast to coast too. Use to run LTL beef loads out of Kansas to New York with 4 or 5 drops.

LTL is tricky unless it all comes from the same shipper then they can get it moved as a truckload for a truckload rate.
supersobes
Global moderator

#260 Post by supersobes » 03 Jan 2022 23:26

Unlike European trailers, reefer and dry van trailers in North America do not have frame rails running underneath the box body. Instead, the structure is integrated into the trailer floor, and supported by the trailer walls. So if there is too much weight on the middle of the trailer, the trailer can give way like that.

Return to “General discussion about the game”