ATS 1.44 speculation thread

flight50

Re: ATS 1.44 speculation thread

#231 Post by flight50 » 28 Dec 2021 12:43

If anyone is with me on the cargo side, I know it’s you. I don’t think SCS created a whole new floor to expand the vehicle team for nothing. I too think the tide is turning. It’s not about just filling up that department though, they need to find talent that not only wants to be in office at SCS that will enjoy working at SCS but we'll need them to stick around.

I totally agree that the vehicle can be just as equal of a bread and butter team as the map team. I’ve been saying this though. Make the content and people will buy it. The flatbed thread, the ST thread and the Agricultural threads in my signature, there is a solid 15-20 categories worth of cargo. That is easily 10+ years of work that can keep money flowing with just cargo. So yes, Pavel create a cargo team. The main point of the game doesn’t even have a dedicated team for that.

The other part of the vehicle team does lots of other stuff yes. That includes other trailers types, more tire packs, tuning packs and AI vehicles. SCS is sitting on an untapped money source. Maybe 1.44 is the change we been waiting for to see larger chunks on gameplay come forth. Let Lode King break into the cargo side of dlc big time. Get 2 to 3 more licenses and SCS will have people breaking down doors to get in marketing and advertisement. Swift? Anything coming with them? I hope they didn’t tweet SCS for no reason.
VTXcnME

#232 Post by VTXcnME » 28 Dec 2021 16:56

There are so many things that I would love to see come to ATS.

But I'm in the burnout timeframe of frustration, knowing half of it (or more) will never make it. For technical difficulty reasons. For game engine limitation reasons. For lack of developer desire. Pick one.

I'm trying to remain contented to just drive the roads that exist. Haul what exists. And try not to think about everything that *COULD* be.

One thing I've realized in the last few weeks... we can argue amongst ourselves until we're all blue in the face. Honestly, some of us kind of have.... It doesn't matter what we want. It matters what SCS is willing to implement. So, it's time to slide back to enjoyment of what *IS* not what might ever be.
flight50

#233 Post by flight50 » 28 Dec 2021 18:37

@VTXcnME We all have reached that point at some time another. In all honestly, imho, the most loyal fans go thru this pattern. We get so caught up in desires that it gets frustrating. What is when its time to back off a tad to keep sane. What tends to happen is you care so much and want so much, that you don't see things getting implemented so you loose faith. Then out of nowhere, bammm here comes that add you've been waiting for. Now this doesn't always happen, but remember somewhere in time, it may have been requested or necessary to get to the next step. No biggie, it is what it is, but its at this point, when you gain your patience and calmer demeanor. Its at this point when you accept what we have but at the same time, speak open mindedly with holding on to chance. Speaking on the good and not so much focus on the bad. Sure feedback is great to still show interest but to dwell on it, only frustrates more. There will always be that bad...that stuff we want but don't see. At the end of the day, one must realize how many fans there are, how many opinions there are we bring forth...and note, how many devs there are and the time necessary to implement this or that. That is when you gain patience. Either learn the devs ways and grow with the game by sticking with them or move on.

1.43 wasn't that big for ATS as it was for ETS2. I think 1.44 could be that 1.43 that ETS2 got if we can manage to get California phase 2. That would lighten part of the frustration for some. What if DX12 is ready for beta for 1.44? That would be a boost. Pavel mentioned DX12 and the engine upgrade since June of this year. Its around the corner. If the engine upgrade can go 1-2 updates in beta, freakin' sweet. It needs to be tested by the community thoroughly just like DX11 did. It must be stable in order for SCS to build on top of that. That is when the fun starts but we may not see the benefits for months. Performance should come but what else, no telling. So based on the xmas stream, either 1.44 or 1.45 will add some flava. We have the 9900i coming, California phase 2 coming, US-14 w/maybe Cody coming, we have what appears to be Lode King licensed trailer coming and potentially DX12 all as new stuff. With all that, surely everyone can be happy with one or more of those implemented. Tweaks to come if we can get DX12, there could be AI, AA, sound and MP adjustments as well. That's all a plus. Physics, money management, challenges...all that stuff is secondary. The foundation has to be laid first before you can build on top of it. Feature coming right away, may not happen. The upgrade may have to prove stable first. Heck maybe some of that stuff is ready to roll with the engine upgrade, no telling. But don't get to frustrated man. Been there done that. Many can probably say that too.
VTXcnME

#234 Post by VTXcnME » 29 Dec 2021 15:47

@flight50 I did watch the youtube stream around Christmas. Saw some things and heard Pavel talking about things that left me hopeful.

We'll see how long it takes for some of these things to implement, but it definitely left me more optimistic than I've been reading through these forums recently.
FrancescoMasci

#235 Post by FrancescoMasci » 29 Dec 2021 16:39

I may have lost some pieces here.
Are the 9900i and US 14 confirmed or it's still speculation?
xXCARL1992Xx

#236 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Dec 2021 16:43

the 9900i was "shown" by SCS on the stream, a teaser picture that was, more or less, concrete what it will be, about US14, nothing was said
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#237 Post by flight50 » 29 Dec 2021 17:23

VTXcnME wrote: 29 Dec 2021 15:47 We'll see how long it takes for some of these things to implement, but it definitely left me more optimistic than I've been reading through these forums recently.
That's the beauty of the xmas streams. Its my favorite stream of the year more times than not. Since they started them, that is when we get the best look into the future. Stuff that is only speculations here on the forum but confirmed or teased on the xmas stream. I'm always hopeful after xmas streams.
FrancescoMasci wrote: 29 Dec 2021 16:39 I may have lost some pieces here.
Are the 9900i and US 14 confirmed or it's still speculation?
You'll have to watch the Xmas stream for yourself to get that answer. Nothing like putting eyes on things for yourself so that you can determine vs reading what people are saying.
9900i - time stamp 1:31:00
US-14 - time stamp 2:04:20

Use the context clues Nemiro is giving out. Its not too hard to figure out.

FrancescoMasci

#238 Post by FrancescoMasci » 29 Dec 2021 17:51

Thanks a lot @flight50, I lost the stream and I didn't have time to watch almost 3 hours.
Anything else worth watching?
flight50

#239 Post by flight50 » 29 Dec 2021 18:28

For me, the part with the new ATS trailer was intriguing. Both ATS and ETS2 looks like they are bringing new licensed trailers. ATS is assumed to be Lode King but no confirmation on actual brand yet. For ETS2, the brand was provided in the stream "Feldbinder". Time stamp 1:23:25.
Trucker Nik

#240 Post by Trucker Nik » 30 Dec 2021 09:11

@FrancescoMasci It can be said that 9900i and US-14 with Cody were confirmed to arrive in 2022, US-14 and Cody probably at 1.44, it is worth looking at the comments there you will find everything they talked about and time data, they talked about a lot of things like for example Texas, Montana, HoR, reskin Austria, reskin California phase 2 (we got a blog) about Feldbinder trailers about the first DLC trailer to ATS, about US-14 in Wyoming (Cody city) MAN TGX 2020, and International 9900i

Return to “General discussion about the game”