Advanced Coupling [KNOWN]

CDMC

Advanced Coupling [KNOWN]

#1 Post by CDMC » 09 Dec 2021 12:11

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Description of bug: Advanced Coupling has been broken for YEARS NOW and over a year sense last reported! Trailers cannot be hooked on, truck crashed in to them. For the love of god FIX IT ALREADY! Just put an ID on this post already, saying its know and forgetting it ever existed is not a solution. Actually if i remember correctly Advanced coupling was broken sense 2017, how long its gonna take to fix this :?:
Version of game: 1.43.1.1s, DX11
32bit or 64bit: 64bit
Reproducibility: Always
Maxidyne

Re: Advanced Coupling [KNOWN]

#2 Post by Maxidyne » 09 Dec 2021 13:58

I find it mindboggling that after years of this known and very irritating bug it's still not resolved. With the big radius tires you can't hook up to the trailer, you need to ram it underneath the trailer. This needs to be fixed. So people unite here on this forum! The more people report this, the higher the change this is going to get a work around. Or make the air suspension work like in real life: option to dump the air out of the airbags.
cristianrpbeijo

#3 Post by cristianrpbeijo » 10 Dec 2021 03:32

old irritant bug, but they just don't do anything
CDMC

#4 Post by CDMC » 10 Dec 2021 09:26

The more people complain about it, the faster it's going to be fixed, so leave a comment. Make your voice heard, let SCS know that this needs to be fixed, its been broken for over 4 years, and out of those 4 years SCS knew about it for at least 2 years but haven't did anything to fix it or even give an update on it. They released a new feature like advanced coupling that was actually an awesome addition to the game, then later on they released Michelin tires DLC and broke their advanced coupling feature.

They even did an update for Michelin tires DLC recently, yet this still wasn't fixed, are you kidding me? And you know why it wasn't fixed? Cause 2 years ago when it was reported in this forum it was marked as "KNOWN" and forgotten. It appears its gonna happen again with this one as it's marked "KNOWN" also. Yeah, "KNOWN" and forgotten -.-
bumbumek

#5 Post by bumbumek » 10 Dec 2021 10:03

Full agreed with you guys, this issue is driving me really crazy :| SCS is too stubborn on this, we will die not seeing this fixed :|
Dotec

#6 Post by Dotec » 11 Dec 2021 13:58

I tried to reproduce your "problem" with a volvo fh 2009 and the flatbed trailer, just like in your pictures.
my truck doesn't "crash" into the trailer?
CDMC

#7 Post by CDMC » 12 Dec 2021 12:15

Wrong tires. That's the problem, its Michelin tires, check the first picture again.
Dotec

#8 Post by Dotec » 12 Dec 2021 13:49

Yep, I use Michelin tires.
CDMC

#9 Post by CDMC » 12 Dec 2021 13:56

what exact tires do you used? cause it doesnt look like you used the ones i mean. Do you even have the Advanced coupling on? In your video the tires look incorrect

I don't have any mods installed, bought a new truck, new trailer, just put on those tires on the truck and it doesnt work, it pushed the trailer backwards

[ external image ]

its hard to tell, but even in the video i can see your front tires are Xline, so its already not the same setup.
Rears need to be 315/80 those are broken and causes problems with advanced coupling.... Why did you even changed the font color on the tires so its hard to tell what you use and then say its fine, it works.......
jonathan2520

#10 Post by jonathan2520 » 25 Dec 2021 20:21

I concur. This problem can also be caused by large trailer tires on their own. Large tires on both the truck and the trailer make it even worse. Some trucks (at least modern Scania R/S) are more susceptible than others.

It’s so strange to see in action. Normally you’d extend the trailer legs until they bear the weight, then drive out from underneath. But in the game, the trailer kind of floats up a bit, only to drop through the truck at the end of the animation. The bigger that drop, the bigger the problem. One way to get back is to set low suspension stiffness and brake just before you’d hit it. Load transfer lowers the fifth wheel a bit. Then the trailer jumps into the air a bit once it engages. It’s pretty clear that the legs extend a hardcoded amount, rather than until they’re weight-bearing.

Of course, most of the time you’ll be picking up a trailer put there by someone else. That’s not usually different in the game (unless there’s something wrong with the spawn point), but it’s an argument that even the real thing might not be exactly where you want it. If there are any issues with that, real trucks can adjust their ride height. I guess simcade doesn’t allow for that either.

Sometimes I hit the trailer even with small tires on everything. Say, I just dropped off a trailer and drive away in a straight line (so the fifth wheel cannot tug on the kingpin), and it makes that scraping sound. Doesn’t happen every time, but it does happen. Might be made more likely by the aforementioned modern Scanias.

Sadly, it’s pretty typical for things to be implemented halfway and then left in that state. Looks good at first glance so it’s done.

Return to “Bugs 1.43”